PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer's new family

jenluckenbach
07-02-2003, 08:02 PM
This was e-mailed to me. I was very touched:

Subject: Pouncer's new family

Thank you so much for caring for such a sweet and wonderful baby! I am totally in love with this little guy after only having him in my home for 24 hours. He's not at all shy and is keeping us all on our toes - it seems that if we turn for two seconds, he's running up the stairs!

Last night was a little touchy for our older cat, Allen. He's used to being King. He did some hissing and a strange growling for most of the night, but today they became friends and played together for most of the afternoon. Our dog, Nicki, is looking at Pouncer as if he's some terrible alien come to torment her (Allen's favorite past-time is to terrorize her... playfully.). So far, Pouncer's as leery of Nicki as she is of him - her tail is bigger than he is!

I will most definately send you updates and photos of Pouncer's progress. One of my clients is opening a new branch in Whitehall this August - perhaps one day we could meet for lunch while I'm up there and I can thank you in person.

Thank You,
**Names deleted***
PS: We are most definately keeping his name.
PPS: What made me fall in love with him? The fact that he was calm and not squiggling to get out of our hands, yet that little tail went swish-swish-swish as if he was looking for trouble. What a personality!

:) :)

Prairie Purrs
07-02-2003, 09:20 PM
That's a fine testimonial to an excellent job of fostering! :D It's good to know that little Pouncer has such a wonderful home and that he's busy charming his new family!

Vermontcat
07-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Jen, it sounds like Pouncer has a great new home!:)
I think it is so nice that his new owner will keep in touch with you and send photos too.
Is there any chance that you could get them to join Pet Talk to update all of us?

Steffi N
07-02-2003, 09:55 PM
It sounds like Pouncer and his new family will be very happy together. I hope that his new mommie will give you permission to show us the pictures (if you can). Or, of course, become a Pet Talker herself.
You did a great job for this baby.

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2003, 11:34 PM
Thanks for sharing the wonderful letter. It sure sounds like Pouncer has found a great loving forever home. :D I can't wait to see more pics of Pouncer in the future. :) Jen, you sure were an excellent foster mom. :)

Barbara
07-03-2003, 02:41 AM
A mail like that makes it easier to give a kitty away:) They love him dearly and understand him. Jen what a great job to help the kitties finding homes like these:)

HayleyRosie
07-03-2003, 05:51 AM
Sounds like he is in a great home. Congratulations Jen! You did a wonderful job.

ScantyNebula
07-03-2003, 07:07 AM
You must've been a great foster mom .. Pouncer sounds like a little bundle of joy! :D I'm so happy that Pouncer has found a wonderful home, thanks to you of course ;) :D

catmandu
07-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Calling from the rainbow bridge! I and the Cat Angels want to thank you for the wonderful job that you did , fostering the kittens especially my namesake! We will be watching over them and bonnie to see that they are all right! Dont worry about anything ever Jen , when your time comes there is a special place up here for you and Charles and your cats! Y.Lee send his love!

bluekat
07-03-2003, 10:41 AM
Jen,
Sounds like you've been a wonderful foster mom! I'm glad that Pouncer has found a nice home, and is adjusting well already!

NoahsMommy
07-03-2003, 11:57 PM
How wonderful to get an email like that! You did a great job as foster mama, Jen. :)

kimlovescats
07-04-2003, 12:49 AM
How nice! So glad little Pouncer has a wonderful new home, and you should be very pleased with your part in his wonderful purrsonality!;)