PDA

View Full Version : which of your dogs is liked best???

cali
07-02-2003, 06:22 PM
I know that people tend to like one dog over another dog, so which of your dogs seems most liked my strangers??? and why do you think so??
I know if I have both happy and misty with me happy is always chosen as the favorite, be it kids, teens, adults or seniors, but from pictures misty is always the favorite. posting pictures misty just looks adorable but happy is not as apeeling to look at, but when people meet them together in real life happy is the favorite, probibly because she always looks so happy like she is having fun, she is well behaved and she is calm no matter how exited she is, when they neet misty they just pet her a back away, with happy they pet her, and ask questions about her and love to play with her, and happy loves playing with people. so which of your dogs do people on the streets like more, and which do people like more only knowing them by picture?? :p

Kfamr
07-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Hmm.. That's pretty hard. People like both of my dogs equally most of the time. At first no one likes Simba because he's so protective but once he calms down everyone falls in love with him... but then again we are talking aobut Simba, how could you not fall in love with him? :p ;)

tikeyas_mom
07-02-2003, 06:33 PM
it really depends on age group with my dogs. Younger children and kids tend to like Oscar better then Tikeya, but then again some think she is a "snow dog" off that movie. lol.

Older adults tend to like Tikeya more over oscar because of her eyes.

I love them both the same :).

tatsxxx11
07-02-2003, 07:13 PM
My Lab Star is the outgoing one (understatement!:D) and she loves attention! My Husky/Shep Cody is very shy and a little fearful of strangers, especially men. And her ice blue eyes seem to scare people!:( They say she has devil eyes!:( But when people get to know them, they like them both equally!

joycenalex
07-02-2003, 08:11 PM
duke is an elderly golden retrievier, and he always draws attention with his handsome white face and gently wagging tail. alex is a some what smaller lab-terrier mix, curious and shiny. when i walk both, duke draws attention first, then alex, but alex is more social.

GoldenRetrLuver
07-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Hmmm..thats a tough one. People like to see Molly because collies are VERY rare here in california, then they like Daisy because shes very friendly and.... who cant love a golden? ;) :D

tomkatzid
07-02-2003, 09:10 PM
I'd say 50/50. The one's that like Nina think she is soooooooo soft and puppy like. The one's that like Ashlee think she is part grayhound.

Logan
07-02-2003, 09:35 PM
I have to say that when we are out walking, Honey gets the most attention and Lilly gives the most attention!!! :) So people end up liking both of them, especially when Honey is in a friendly mood. Sometimes she is a bit leary of people, even though she looks so friendly that people assume she is one of those loving, happy Goldens and never suspect that she could possible be scared of them.

But at home, when workmen come in to do things, the star of the show is always Murphy!! I think it is something about that beautiful gray face and her permanent smile that attract people to her!! :)

Pam
07-02-2003, 09:45 PM
I think Bella draws the most attention. A lot of people don't realize that poodles get that large and often say "Is she really a poodle? She's so big!" She really gets very exuberant when someone comes up to her. Not only does her tail wag but her whole body wags.

Ripley enjoys meeting people and everyone always comments that he's a little cutie. He is more subdued than Bella and doesn't get as carried away as she does. He does get quite hyper. though, when I come home and makes quite the scene. I think he is really turning into a 'Momma's Boy.' :p

lovemyshiba
07-02-2003, 09:51 PM
This one is tough. From looks, people always want to see Kito and pet him and find out what breed he is. He's not always a big fan of everyone though:rolleyes:
Riley gets the most attention because he's a pup--and a major butt wagger!!!
Abbey is the most understated--I think people look at her like "oh, just a beagle", but once they experience her love, she is a favorite:)

slleipnir
07-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Back when I had Rufus, ppl always seemed to favor Josie which annoyed me because Rufus was the sweetest dog ever and they seemed to ignore him..I guess josie was 'small and cute' lol which is true but Ruf was a sweety. As of now..not sure..ppl love Zeke's ears but they say Jo is adorable. So..not sure..?

Aspen and Misty
07-02-2003, 10:07 PM
People tend to like Nova. LOL, since she is an only dog :D

Between Nova and Hunny, depends. Huney jumps and is wild and never on a leash (which I hate :mad: ) and Nova's always on a leash and well behaved and gives kisses.

Ash :D

KYS
07-02-2003, 10:12 PM
I would say women tend to like Pepper because she
is cute and little, but Sheba gets attention from the
women too.
Man seem to like Rocky because of his size.

anna_66
07-03-2003, 07:14 AM
Well, that's kind of a hard one. It all depends where we are, and who it is.
My mother-in-law just loves Angus, he is her fav...but Roxey and Huney show her so much more attention than Angus does.
Out of all of them I think Huney is liked the least.....she's the dreaded Chow, so mean;) .
And I'd say Angus is liked the most. I guess it's his size and looks that draw people to him.
Roxey, she's just the one who loves anyone at anytime and doesn't care if she's most liked. She'll just make sure she's in your face, then you have to pay attention to her:D

cloverfdx
07-03-2003, 08:36 AM
well it depends were we are lol

if we are just out walking, penny the jack russell X is a favourite with the little children "mummy look at the little puppy" (she will be 6 yrs old in december lol)

at dog club clover is the favourite "damn social butterfly" and has her favourite people to harass for a cuddle n kisses :D

and poor theo would be the least favoutite with strangers (not overly friendly)

but at home all are pretty equal (clovers my baby so of course she gets favoured;) by me)

micki76
07-03-2003, 10:06 AM
When we’re out walking Millie’s looks usually bring people over to us, then she growls and barks and they go straight to Chester, who loves to meet new people. Millie never gets petted by strangers, because she acts so mean. :o
When it comes to the nieces and nephews, no one likes poor Millie. She’s just not good with kids. Granny gets the most attention from the kids because she’ll just sit there calmly and let everyone pet her for hours. The kids don’t realize that she’s too old to keep getting up and moving away from them. :p

Tonya
07-03-2003, 10:50 AM
Usually everyone dislikes Dusty because he is so hyper. He tends to have this earpiercing annoying bark when he gets excited, and he'll often jump. So, usually Teddy or Roxy are the favorites.

Dusty is my personal favorite because he is my problem child. Not only is he hyper, but he has strange ways. He has never ever licked anyone. You can't get him to kiss you for the life of you. To me, that's odd for a dog. His ways of showing affection are jumping on you for hugs, barking uncontrollably, and then once he calms down, sitting on your feet.

4 Dog Mother
07-03-2003, 12:14 PM
As many have said, it depends on where you are and who you are. Taggert draws a lot of people's attention because of his cute terrier face but he is somewhat independent and likes to go off by himself - at least at the dog park. Most older people like Dazzi - she is a pretty girl, is very subdued and behaves well. However at the dog park she is the one always attacking other dogs, so if you have a dog that she doesn't like, you probably won't like her when you get to know her. She is not mean, she just wants to be in charge and for everyone to behave according to her rules. Snoopy's colors are eye-catching but his bark and shyness put some people off. Some people are attracted to Oreo because she is turning so gray - they think it is cute that she is still so energetic at 14. But I guess Jack is the one most people - big kids and little - are attracted to. His striking colors, his fuzzy face and his gentle and friendly nature draws everyone to him.

Cincy'sMom
07-04-2003, 04:59 AM
Since we got Spot, a lot of kids say, Wow, a dalmatian? Can we pet him? Of course, we say, as long as your don't ignore the other two.

Our next door neighbor, only likes Sadie. She will come to the fence and pet her, but if the other two comeup, she backs away. She doesn't trust Cincy (because Cincy barks) and she doesn't know Spot (he's been here almost 4 months now...)

Cincy of course gets lots of loving as a therapy dog. A lot of people like her when we do visits becuase she is one of the smaller (or at least shorter dogs). The are sometimes more intimidated by our group's 100+ lb Rotteweiler or the 170 lb Irish Wolfhound.

RottnRotties
07-04-2003, 07:55 PM
I know that people tend to like one dog over another dog, so which of your dogs seems most liked my strangers??? and why do you think so??

Hm, let's see. Well...Crash and Bruiser look pretty much identical. However, most people are first drawn to Bruiser. He always seems to have a "smile" on his face. However, once they actually approach, they find that Crash is much more friendly...and his butt is always wagging, LOL. Crash seems to be much more people friendly, but Bruiser is such a sweetheart...which makes me feel a little sorry for him. I think he would love it if people would pay more attention to him, but at the same time...he wants them to keep at least a little distance. He's tough to warm up to.

Lately, though...I've been taking Moody (more about him in one of my other posts) for walks with Crash and Bruiser, and people are instantly drawn to Moody. I can't blame them, though...he's the full package. He's adorable, friendly, and always happy. Ah! I can't wait until he's mine! LOL.

All in all, though, it depends who it is and what mood the dogs are in. Little kids are usually a little put off by their size, but love to pet their huge heads, LOL. Adults are a little cautious at first...everyone seems to be caught up in the typical Rottweiler stereotype until Crash offers his hand kisses, LOL.

PetLuvr4Ever
07-04-2003, 08:11 PM
Out of our dogs, Precious is usually the one people pet first. Probably because she's fluffy and small. Most people tend to think that Rocky and Chloe are pitbulls and are afraid of them. Once they know that they're bulldogs though, a lot of people pay attention to them. It also kind of depends who I'm walking. Precious is usually taken out by herself because we don't trust Chloe around her very much. Chloe's been known to get jealous and try to go after her. :( Either way, they're always being looked at by strangers.

ChinookCrazy
07-05-2003, 12:09 AM
I know that people tend to like one dog over another dog, so which of your dogs seems most liked my strangers???

Forgive me if I am replying to this late, but I figured I might as well pop in LoL.

Scout usually catches everyone's eye first, but he's pretty aloof with strangers and tends to keep his distance until he really gets comfortable with them. Once people actually approach, they are instantly drawn to Tucker and his wagging tail and crazy ears LoL. After they start petting Tuck, Kodak decides he wants all the attention and pops his head in. He starts giving little doggy kisses until he is convinced he's the center of attention LoL. All the while, Scout just hangs back and stares up at me, seemingly wondering when these strange people are going to leave us alone. Aw, my lovely boys.:rolleyes:

Aspen and Misty
07-05-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
I think Huney is liked the least.....she's the dreaded Chow, so mean;) .

I know if I saw that big mean dog come towards me I'd run ;) Yup, I'd run right up to you and ask to pet her :p

Ash :D

Rachel
07-05-2003, 05:53 AM
It always amazes me, but people are far more drawn to Tucker than Hannah, almost to the point of ignoring her.

aly
07-05-2003, 09:43 AM
People like Reece beeter in pictures and also Reece better in person. Peka really doesn't pay too much attention to people since she's going blind and deaf. Lolly is really weary of strangers because of her past. She is getting better and lets them pet her without having to hide behind my legs, but she'd still prefer to be left alone.

Reece will jump into anyone's lap, invited or not, and start moaning in delight :rolleyes:

wolf_Q
07-06-2003, 03:02 AM
It depends on the situation and the people...

A lot of people go to Smokey first as he is smaller, looks less intimidating, and, of course all poodles are female so therefore he's nicer. :rolleyes: When, in fact, Smokey really is not always friendly....well, he usually is at first, just as long as they don't try to hold him or anything...and he will bite.

Most people don't really like Reggie. He always barks at people, and honestly, he doesn't look or act like a friendly dog. He is a sweetie at home of course...so actually most of the people who actually "know" my dogs like Reggie the best....he's the funny howling bunny ear dog with an attitude. ;)

Most adults go to Nebo first...they like his looks, or maybe are just fascinated by his blue eyes...or freaked out by them. Lots of people ask what breed he is (usually they think he's a malamute or a wolf....puppy of course because of his size) Of course they ALL think he's a GIRL. :rolleyes: Quite often kids are afraid of him because he "looks" mean. He does like kids though....and some kids rush over to him because he is a "Snow Dog!"

I think overall Nebo attracks more attention just because he's an unusual looking dog.