PDA

View Full Version : COME SEE ME

jackiesdaisy1935
11-19-2001, 11:10 AM
Hi Everybody, I just wanted to invite everybody to come see the pages I set up called "For The Love of Dogs". I had a lot of fun doing it and wish to share it with all of you. You know I'm no computer whiz so don't expect too much.
Our Son and Grandson have been our teachers in working on computers, I laugh when I realize we have reversed roles, he is the teacher and I am the pupil now.
Doesn't it usually work that way, many times in the elderly the parent becomes the child and the child becomes the parent.
I would love you to take a look and maybe give us a few words of wisdom and encouragement.
Jackie
http://communities.msn.com/fortheloveofdogs

Logan
11-19-2001, 11:29 AM
Don't sell yourself short, Jackie! You have done a magnificent job creating your community! I love it!!!

I started a photo album there last night, and was dismayed when I pulled up the albums this morning, and mine was bumped to the top, ahead of yours!!! :o Didn't know MSN would do that.

Anyway, you guys should check it out. Jackie is now a webmaster!!!! :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
11-19-2001, 11:47 AM
FOR THE LOVE OF DOGS is awesome. You have done a great job, Jackie. I hope everyone comes and checks it out!

Golden Smiles
11-19-2001, 12:39 PM
:D That was soooo neat!! I thought you did great silly!! What a cool spread!! Thanks for the cheering up!

zippy-kat
11-19-2001, 12:48 PM
Jackie!

When I first saw this post, it was right underneath the PetTalk Meeting 2002--My first thought:
"My God, this dear, sweet woman is nuts inviting all 2000+ members to her house!" Hee Hee! lol (yeah, well...blame it on the hair *blonde*)

For the Love of dogs is great! Signed up as a member last night..can't wait to check it out some more!!! :D

tatsxxx11
11-19-2001, 03:48 PM
I'll be there, Jackie! The website that is! Since flying is not something I'm too anxious to do right now, and it would be hard to take the time out right now to drive to Calif. from Mass., I'll have to pass on your hospitality. :( But, maybe some day! How I would love to meet "the clan!" Hope some of those closer to you will get a chance to meet our beautiful friend Jackie.

RachelJ
11-19-2001, 04:00 PM
Jackie, I went and I saw and it's wonderful, but I still trying to figure everything out so I can participate. I guess I'm a little slow on the uptake, but I'm not going to give up.

jackiesdaisy1935
11-19-2001, 04:15 PM
Rachel, it's just trial and error, the front page took me a whole afternoon to get right.
The page kept getting so big, and I finally figured out it was the picture I put on.
Anyway you just click on message board and pick the one you want to look at and if you want to say something just click reply. The picture albums are very easy, you just click new album and add pictures then put them in, but sometimes msn is not working well and the pictures don't come up, so you just delete and try again.
Thanks for trying it out.
Jackie

sammi
11-19-2001, 04:31 PM
Do I need to sign up to see the pictures? :confused:

jackiesdaisy1935
11-19-2001, 07:34 PM
Sammi, I don't know, maybe someone else can tell you that has been on it. since I'm listed as a manager it goes right through.
I'm not sure if your visiting whether you have to join, I wouldn't think so.
Jackie

Pam
11-19-2001, 09:38 PM
Jackie I signed up last night but didn't read too much since it was late. Just now I made my first post. Gee if I gab on there like I do on here I will surely get nothing done around here! :D

*LabLoverKEB*
11-19-2001, 11:12 PM
Great job, Jackie!!! ;)

I reeeeally want to join, but it won't let me! :( :mad: Do I have to have a @hotmail.com E-mail address, to sign-up??? :confused:

jackiesdaisy1935
11-20-2001, 10:06 AM
Sarah, no you don't have to have a hotmail address to join. I think you just give your nickname and e.mail address.
Jackie

Albea
11-20-2001, 12:04 PM
Jackie:
What a great job you've done!
With Logan joining you, it won't be long before your album becomes Pet Talk 2 ;)

Logan
11-20-2001, 01:47 PM
Sammi, I do think you have to join to see the pictures and attachments on MSN. Getting a passport is easy though, and you do not have to have hotmail to get it.

Get ready though.....MSN is almost as addictive as Pet Talk!!! LOL! :D

aly
11-20-2001, 09:20 PM
Everybody who hasn't joined should check it out. Jackie's husband is a riot :D

jackiesdaisy1935
11-21-2001, 09:16 AM
Aly, Don keeps me busy all the time, I never know what he is going to come out and say.
We are complete opposites. I am somewhat serious, quiet, practical, love to read, listen to classical music but I love Patsy Cline and Roy Orbison, he is outgoing, truly loves Daisy and Perry, has great one liners,gets together with our Grandson and usually gets him in trouble thinking of things they can do, for instance took him to get an ear pierced his Dad was furious but got over it, loves beer. He is going to be 72 but wishes he was 35. ha ha.
Anyway you get the idea.
Jackie

Rottie
11-22-2001, 02:03 PM
Great job on the web site!!! Looks great. :)

gini
11-24-2001, 09:58 AM
Jackie, your kids are so beautiful!

The website looks great. Are those treats recipes for people or dogs? They sound so yummy. But it could be a good Christmas idea for my neighbors Goldens.

purrfectpaws
11-24-2001, 12:55 PM
Hi Jackie,
Great site and you did a wonderful job. can you help me out with adding a link. Am I supposed to put the web page address in the link box and then the decription below?? I got a bit confused on that so I will wait to hear back ok. ;)

[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: purrfectpaws ]

jackiesdaisy1935
11-24-2001, 03:40 PM
Hi Carla, I just got back from going to San Diego Bay with Don and the two Schnoozers.
Yes, you put the name in both boxes like Purrfect Paws Mats and the link on the right where the little linky shows. If you can't do it, I'll try just send me what the actual link that I put in is. Don't know if I confused you more or not? :D
Jackie