PDA

View Full Version : New addition

Glacier
07-02-2003, 02:21 PM
This is Twicket! He joined our fur family this past Friday.
http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/3049378a.jpg

I have been visiting with Twicket for a few months at the Humane Society where I volunteer. He is 13 years old and was dumped when his family claimed they suddenly developed allergies to him! He has had a PU surgery several years ago. He is a pretty healthy boy otherwise. Full of purrs and headbonks. There was some concern late last week that our no-kill shelter was about to change it's policies on euthanasia. Twicket would have been the first cat to go likely due to his age, so my husband finally agreed that I could adopt him!

trinity
07-02-2003, 02:26 PM
Oh what a wonderful addition! He doesn't know what a wonderful life lies ahead....kudos to you(and hubby) for taking him in.....:) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

PayItForward
07-02-2003, 02:30 PM
Good on you, for rescuing him. So many people ignore the adults at shelter (Excluding Pet Talk people)

What a cutie he is. I can understand why you fell for him :D

Shame on his previous so called 'owners' on giving him up. :mad:

Well......Their loss is your gain :D

Barbara
07-02-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi Twicket. What a handsome calm and cute boy you are!
Glacier: how is Felicia? (that's her name isn't it? I'm getting old)

slick
07-02-2003, 04:15 PM
AWWWW I just love the name Twicket! He's so sweet and I'm sure very thankful that you rescued him. It is sad, isn't it, the way people overlook the older ones.

ChrisH
07-02-2003, 04:17 PM
Awww, Twicket is lovely!:) As PIF said, good on you for adopting, especially with him being an older kitty!:)

Nothing but happy, contented and loving days ahead for you sweet Twicket, you are home now. :)

Miss Meow
07-02-2003, 05:09 PM
He's so beautiful :)

It's so kind of you to give a 'middle-aged' boy a loving home :)

Lorraine
07-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Twicket, you are quite a HANDSOME boy!!:D
And I think you are just wonderful for giving him the great home he deserves, and I am sure Twicket will bring you alot of joy!:)

HayleyRosie
07-03-2003, 05:56 AM
What a handsome boy! A great addition to your family.

Pam
07-03-2003, 07:06 AM
Twicket is a handsome boy and certainly doesn't look his age. I am having trouble believing his former humans' story - allergies all of a sudden? :confused: Well, no matter - he is in a warm loving home where he can live out his senior years. Bless you for taking him in!! I think he looks a little like Logan's Butter. Anyone else think so? :)

Logan
07-03-2003, 07:57 AM
He does look a little like Butter, Pam! Only a little hairier than our boy!

Glacier, thank you for being so kind to this sweet boy! I love his name too!!! :D

Vio&Juni
07-03-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Pam
Twicket is a handsome boy and certainly doesn't look his age. I am having trouble believing his former humans' story - allergies all of a sudden? :confused: Well, no matter - he is in a warm loving home where he can live out his senior years. Bless you for taking him in!! I think he looks a little like Logan's Butter. Anyone else think so? :)

That was my fist thought when I saw the picture, he's just a little hairier, as Logan said :)

NoahsMommy
07-04-2003, 12:00 AM
What a little doll! I understand why you fell in love with him! :) Thank you for saving him.

That allergy excuse is so common! Most cats at our shelter are there because of allergies.... :mad: :mad: Ever hear of Allegra? Claritan???? :mad:

krazyaboutkatz
07-04-2003, 02:10 AM
I'm so glad that you were able to adopt him. :) Twicket is quite handsome and I also love his name. I look forward to hearing more about him and seeing more pics of him too. hint hint :D