PDA

View Full Version : Ti and Miley are still enemies!

sasvermont
07-02-2003, 07:31 AM
Last night I thought Ti was in another part of the house and I let Miley into my bedroom area as she had been in the computer room / bathroom area all day by herself. Well, Ti was hiding under the bed and jumped Miley as she walked by. I heard it first, then spotted them all in a tangle on the bathroom floor. I tried to observe just what was going on since Miley always screams as though she is being murdered regarless of the nature of the play/attack. She was like that with Graemer too. Any way, Ti was sort of hugging her and not biting and Miley was just staying put, yelling at the top of her lungs. Finally, as Miley escaped to the bathtub area, Ti took off after her and that is when he got rather mean. I gave Ti the boot from the bathroom area and of course Miley took off to her homebase, the closet.

Lesson learned? Gee, I don't know. It wasn't as bad as it has been in the past, but if I were a cat, I wouldn't want to live in fear of another cat.

I put a screen (pet proof, sort of bouncing material) over the door leading from the living room to the computer room so that Miley and Ti could inter-react. Well, Miley hates it, as one might guess, because she thinks the door is open and Ti can GET her. Today I have closed that door, to give Miley a break but will leave it open for the next few days.

I am really resisting druging my cats. I have tried the Remedy Rescue and they won't drink the water with it in it. I use the spray bottle on Ti, but his drive to attack is stronger than his fear of the water. I think I will go back and ask the nice Bengal breeder for some advice.

Sorry this is so long. There are so many more important topics to discuss and this is getting old, even for me!

Thanks for listening.

P. S. I keep thinking about Chuck and his kitty that needed to be rehomed because he hated the other cats. At least Ti likes the kitten, although last night, after the Miley attack, he was mean to the kitten too!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Barbara
07-02-2003, 09:30 AM
Sallyanne, I was waiting to hear how things are going. I don't want to ask all the time, so I am very happy for the update.

I understand that you are worried about Ti's behavior to Juni after he attacked Miley -I think this is just because he had so much adrenaline in him he had to continue. Tigris does it sometimes when he's in a bad mood (maybe we said: no you won't get new food until the one that is half an hour old is eaten) -he simply has to attack Filou:(

The relationship between Ti and Juni looks too stable to me as if it could be influenced by a short time of bad mood.

With Miley it looks more difficult. Looking back I think it would have been the better solution just to introduce a kitten to her. She has no confidence in an adult cat and her shyness defines her as kind of prey to Ti. The best you can expect is that they avoid each other. And I hope they get used at least to see each other :(

I am sorry I don't sound more positive. I am sure the stress between Miley and Ti can be reduced but they will never love each other.

Give my cute Miley girl an extra nosekissie from me:)

trinity
07-02-2003, 09:42 AM
We were having that type pf problem with two of ours. WHen I made the plans to bring our latest addition into the house I bought a diffuser from the vet that has the Feliway stuff in it. You just plug it into an outlet and it does its stuff. It seems to me that it is working 'cause we have had no MAJOR issues with the latest addition just some minor hissing/fussing but no straight out attacks....maybe give that a try?:confused:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by sasvermont
Sorry this is so long. There are so many more important topics to discuss and this is getting old, even for me!

Do not apologize, SAS! You should know that not only are we all wondering how things are going with Miley, Ti and Juni, but we're hoping it all works out in the end, and are glad to get the update. It sounds like maybe things aren't as bad as they were because they were only laying there and Ti wasn't tearing into her yet. We'll just have to be satisfied with baby steps if that's what Miley girl needs. She has been through so much - as have you - and we really like to hear how things are progressing - or not - as the case may be.

And sometimes if I'm playing with Tubby and I've had enough but he hasn't, he will, just out of the blue, jump on innocent little Peanut who gets a little upset becuase she never saw it coming. So I don't think this is a sign that Ti will start being aggresive with Juni, he just had some pent up frustrations and she happened to be there for him to take them out on.

Please keep posting updates, because it's not getting old, it's a work in progress. :D

sasvermont
07-02-2003, 09:49 AM
Well, I will go spend my paycheck on disfussers then and try that. I wonder if I should go buy stock in PETCO first!

Thanks for the honesty Barbara, and yes, Ti and Juni were sweet with each other only an hour later. He was in a bad mood or maybe his hormones got all riled up when he was in attack mode for so long with Miley!

Ti continued in that mood for some time. I kept yelling at him and he KNEW.....the little devil!

Thanks,
SAS

As I recall the disfussers were expensive, but then so are drugs for ME! The screening was $35 so what the heck...what's a few more dollars so that there can be peace in the house. Maybe I will buy a bottle of wine too!

trinity
07-02-2003, 10:26 AM
I think I paid about $40 but I bought it from the vet instead of Petco, or Petsmart...they will probably be cheaper. And the bottle they give you with it is supposed to last 4 weeks...I can't remember what the refill was....all fingers crossed for a peaceful household.....:)

Edwina's Secretary
07-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Welcome to my world...or your world as the case may be.

I bought the diffuser. It was over $30.00. Refills are cheaper ...:rolleyes: I also bought a spray bottle that was about $20 (expensive stuff!!!!) The difuser is good for four weeks. My problem was deciding where to plug it in for maximum benefit. (The diffuser is for Edwina since she is the one with aggression...) I chose our bedroom as that is where she sleeps at night and oftne during the day.

For Eduardo I sprayed some on the various furniture corners in his basement.

Results........to be determined

krazyaboutkatz
07-02-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Ti and Miley are still not getting along. Some cats will never get along with other cats. Hopefully they'll learn to tolerate each other. Thanks for the update.

My Storm is will still chase Cirrus and terrorize him until Cirrus starts hissing and growling. The other night he chased him into the litterbox.:( It doesn't happen every day but when it does happen I put Storm in my bedroom for a time out and it usually seems to help. I'm just glad that Cirrus is afraid of Storm so there's no bloodshed. I guess Storm and Cirrus will never really be friends. They have learned to tolerate each other though.

Sky loves to play rough and he's been attacking Sunny and it makes Sunny squeal like he's being murdered. Sunny will usually jump up high to get away from him but then he'll go back for more so I'm not worried. I've almost had Sky for 4 weeks now so I think he's getting along fairly well for this amount of time. I'm sure by next month that everything will be much better. We just need to be patient with our cats and let them work out things on their own.

sasvermont
07-02-2003, 11:30 AM
Now that I was reminded, when I was at the breeder's picking up little Juni the itch, they had a cage (wire and included a perch and litter box) for a timeout place for any cat that was being ugly. They put the same one in there twice while I was there. That cat's name was Looney.....and she was looney....they actually took her one kitten from her because she kept putting it in the litter box. They will not breed her anymore. Anyway, I think I might buy a cage for a misbehaving cat......rather than just put him, ahemmm, in another room. Does that sound awful?

Barbara
07-02-2003, 11:50 AM
They say that it works with dogs that way: just showing to the animal that the consequence of unwanted behavior is a life with no play, no fun and especially no treats. (Of course only for a short time). The dog should connect its behavior to boredom.

I have no idea whether it works with cats.

I did not want to criticize you. When I was first writing I wanted to add that after things happened you always know better (especially when you're not involved) but then I forgot. We have now this situation in which we have one happy little kitten, one big boy who still feels not completely confident but who has started to make friends and to install himself, and one completely mixed up little lady.

Miley has so many similarities to my Filou who is my little special boy -and I have no idea how he would accept a new brother or sister, this is why I think so often of her.

sasvermont
07-02-2003, 12:35 PM
Barbara, you called it exactly the way it is at my house!

Last night, after I gave Juni and Ti the boot from the bedroom, Miley came dashing on to the bed - tearing from her closet to the bed trying to avoid any attacks. She cuddled with me the entire night.....grooming me....purring.....she is so sweet by herself and sometimes when Juni is around....but when Ti is around, she is a different cat. She plays when she feels safe and happy.... It was so sad last night when she "landed" in bed - she kept looking around waiting for the furry bomber Ti. She stopped eventually, but it broke my heart to see her so upset at the thought of having him in the same room with her! She is terrified of him! Even his meow sets her off!

Maybe I should change the name from Camp Vermont to House Divided!

Thanks for the support and your opinions.

Pam
07-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Sallyanne as I was reading your initial post it brought something to mind. Have you ever seen the magic act where they place a coin or small object under some upsidedown cups and you must try and keep track of which cup the coin might be under? It sort of reminded me of life these days in Camp Vermont and I guess you might say that Big Ti is the coin and I am sure Miley is the one trying to keep track!

I'm so sorry to hear about the latest disturbance of the peace. It makes me sad to think of poor little Miley getting herself all worked up and unable to relax and play with Ti even being within earshot. Please don't apologize for coming here and venting and seeking suggestions. We are all concerned and wonder when a few days go by without an update. I know that you are doing all that you can to work this all out and my hat goes off to you. I also think it is a splendid idea to stop off for that bottle of wine just in case! :p

sasvermont
07-02-2003, 02:34 PM
Thanks Pam. Things have been quiet for a change and there has not been much change or improvement. You can rest assured that if I found Miley and Ti all cuddled up together I would have a professional photographer come in and document it!

I have been enjoying other means of entertainment...i.e. gardening, playing with Juni Rose, shopping...... you know the drill....and since the room situation is so screwed up, door wise, I don't often roam the house and play on the computer. It is too much trouble. It is a bit like you described. Where in the world is Ti. He is like my bad penny. Or is it Miley? Maybe I have TWO bad pennies!

I shall have some wine tonight. I am not going to work tomorrow, so it would be perfect time to ummmmmm, indulge!

slick
07-02-2003, 03:01 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about the furry unrest!! My cats will never get along and they only tolerate each other. Max continues to go after Speckles (God, you should hear it at 6am :( poor girl). I don't think he would hurt her on purpose but he does get a rush knowing that he's intimidating her and she is afraid of him. They will sleep at opposite ends of the same couch but get within sniffing distance and watch out! It's a swipathon.... I don't interfere anymore unless it gets really vocal.

I pray the diffuser will work and you can once again get some peace and quiet.

catland
07-02-2003, 04:16 PM
This is just an idea -

Since Miley and Ti are separated, they never get used to each other's scents - so they always think of each other as "strangers". What if you try taking something that each of them sleep on and leave it in the part of the house occupied by the other? That way they can get more used to each other's scent and maybe start to accept each other as housemates.

jenluckenbach
07-02-2003, 04:22 PM
This is how I see it. MILEY needs to be an only cat. Ti, on the other hand, does not.........but he needs the RIGHT cat companion. Since giving Miley up to an only cat household is no doubt out of the question, I would start working on finding Ti's perfect new home. I believe that Juni Rose and Miley can co-habitate. Best of friends, I doubt, but peace should reigh between the two of them.
I WISH from the bottom of my heart that I could say that the three of them would learn to live together, but I would hate to see Miley go "over the edge" (mentally) in the process.

Randy_K
07-02-2003, 05:28 PM
You can apply the Rescue Remedy to their paws. In a small amount it won't shake off (even better if you can rub it in) and what they don't lick off will in part be absorbed into their skin. Some is better than none. We have had some success in changing behavior with that stuff.

Pam
07-02-2003, 05:30 PM
Oh Jen, if anyone else had posted this it would not have had the same effect on me. (I wonder how it will effect our Dear Sallyanne - probably cause the wine glass to get re-filled) :( I respect your opinion so much in light of the way you have juggled all of the furry loves in your household with so much success. I don't think any of us have dared to think the unthinkable. Oh dear Sallyanne, I hope it doesn't turn out this way, but I think in your heart you have wondered this as well. Oh my! I have gotten so attached to Ti just through his pictures. I can't imagine what you are feeling. :( **Sigh** Sallyanne, I may pour myself one tonight on your behalf.

Randy_K
07-02-2003, 05:36 PM
Our previous Aby, Squid, would assult specific people he just didn't like. He was cute and cuddly with most everybody but there were those special few he outright hated. Squid would do a sneak bite attack on them with every intent on hurting them. We to this day don't know exactly what bothered him about these people as Mango is best of buddies with each of them. This may be the Ti & Miley issue. They may never get along.

Vermontcat
07-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
This is how I see it. MILEY needs to be an only cat. Ti, on the other hand, does not.........but he needs the RIGHT cat companion. Since giving Miley up to an only cat household is no doubt out of the question, I would start working on finding Ti's perfect new home. I believe that Juni Rose and Miley can co-habitate. Best of friends, I doubt, but peace should reigh between the two of them.
I WISH from the bottom of my heart that I could say that the three of them would learn to live together, but I would hate to see Miley go "over the edge" (mentally) in the process.
Jen, give Sas time to try different things to see if the cats will get along.
I think she has said before that she will try until the end of summer then make a decision about Ti.
Juni has been there almost a month now and she certainly is doing her best to be friends to both Ti and Miley and Sas too of course!:)
But yes, I have seen Miley in person in her Miley Mode and she is not a happy cat when she knows that Ti is about.:(
Sas, I wish you luck with the diffuser and whatever else you decide to use.

Logan
07-02-2003, 08:13 PM
:( I just wish that somehow Ti and Miley could come to the sort of understanding that Mimi and Butter have. They just stay out of each other's way, as I have told you before. And Mimi is definitely the alpha cat over the younger, bigger Butter (is there such thing as an alpha cat?). Butter is one tough fellow a lot of the time, but when it comes to that old lady, he knows his place! But they don't have those wrestling matches you describe......she just hisses at him when they accidently end up in the same place!! I wish that for you so much!

Sallyanne, I know that you are going to know what to do, and maybe somehow it will all work out. My fingers are crossed and you have my prayers.

Logan

sasvermont
07-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Oh, I am not offended by any suggestion other than giving Ti to the humane society. (No one suggested this by the way....) Some fool would adopt him and he would be in for some real trouble.

I stopped at Petco and bought one diffuser, the only one they had! It's Vermont - never overstock anything. I just now plugged it in the computer room and will leave Ms. Miley in the room all night with it. I won't expect miracles and will look for additional diffusers at other pet stores in the area.

I am not giving up this soon. The only other really positive note is that at one point Miley and Ti were tolerating each other. It was not until a couple of weeks went by and Ti began feeling comfortable and then beating the crap out of Miley, that things started going to hell.

If I could find Ti the perfect home, he would be there. What does the ideal home look like? Well, he needs to be with another cat, probably a kitten with high energy and a breed that stays very, very active. Bengals and Abys make good playmates. He needs to be with a non-aggressive buddy and not some goof ball like Miley. He needs to be able to run, run, run. He is always on the move. He is shy around new things and people, yet bold and entertaining when you get to know him. He needs to have constant companionship - cat companionship.

I have not yet gotten back with the nice Bengal breeder. I am going to try to work with this diffuser concept. I may end up brain dead from the plug-ins and still have cats that fight.

Well, off to close doors so that Miley can get a dose of whatever it is I just bought. I will consider bathing Ti and her in it tomorrow!

And I am not offended by anyone's suggestions! Really! I surely make a great deal of them to other folks.....

Love to all,
SAS and her three very bratty brats!

P. S. I am not sure if I ever mentioned this, and I think I have, but my upset with the cats fighting is not so much the fight itself, but.....Miley cannot control her bowels and bladder when she gets attacked....so I am left with quite a mess and of course, Miley doesn't enjoy being rolled around in her own excrement. Gross I know, but I just can't come home to such a sight each night......

Christiansmommy
07-02-2003, 09:23 PM
I really cant suggest much, since i am not in your shoes. Just know you are in my thoughts and it surely sucks when your cats wont do and be what you want them too (thats why you ended up with Gabe :rolleyes: )...although, that worked out for the good :) Anyway, my hugs are coming your way from Jersey to Vermont!! :)

Robyn

emily_the_spoiled
07-03-2003, 01:54 PM
SallyAnne,

If you are interested in obtaining more infusers go to:www.petguys.com

I just ordered one (and an extra bottle) from them a couple of weeks ago. Their price was MUCH cheaper than my local PetSmart (even with the delivery charge). The items arrived within the week, but they don't seem to be having the desired effect on my fosters (which is a different story)...

Cheryl

sasvermont
07-03-2003, 04:11 PM
It just so happens that I just now arrived home from PetSmart and buying three more. The clerk almost died when she saw how much I had to pay. They were a couple of dollars cheaper than Petco. The very sweet clerk also said that if they didn't work, I could bring them back! So, that is good to know.

I am not sure if I will ever know if the cats feel more relaxed or if it is making me relax more! ;)

I will check out the web site. Thank you very much. I now have four and one refill. So much for my savings account payment.....

Today Miley and Juni stayed in the closet together, sleeping like logs. It seems as though Juni is effected but not Miley! It is also quite hot today and I think it has quieted down all the cats. My main target (to calm down) is going to be Ti Ti. If I can remember tonight, I will rub the smelly stuff all over him.

I will keep you guys posted as to whether or not this Feliaway really works. I AM SUPPOSED TO DRINK IT, AREN'T I?

:confused: ;)

Barbara
07-03-2003, 04:19 PM
Oh Sallyanne,
no more analyzing and good ideas. Simply {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}

Rachel
07-03-2003, 06:38 PM
Now that I was reminded, when I was at the breeder's picking up little Juni the itch, they had a cage (wire and included a perch and litter box) for a timeout place for any cat that was being ugly. They put the same one in there twice while I was there. That cat's name was Looney.....and she was looney....they actually took her one kitten from her because she kept putting it in the litter box. They will not breed her anymore. Anyway, I think I might buy a cage for a misbehaving cat......rather than just put him, ahemmm, in another room. Does that sound awful?

I went against the conventional wisdom and used Hannah's cage for *time out* with her. It was the thing that turned her around. I didn't even have to leave her in it that long, usually less than a half hour, but she really got the message. I also made sure she knew I was angry with her when I put her in it. That came quite naturally. And it didn't make her hate the cage either. I still have it in the kitchen with the door open and she often goes in it on her own to lie down, although it has been many years since she has been given a *time out*.

This may just be the thing that will convince Ti that his behavior toward Miley is unacceptable and has consequences that are not to his liking.

anna_66
07-03-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you are still having problem with Miley & Ti. I hope that the diffusers work. Good Luck & {{{HUGS}}}

Cinder & Smoke
07-03-2003, 07:14 PM
... PetSmart...
clerk also said that if they didn't work,
I could bring them back!

NOTE: !!
PetsMart is REALLY GOOD about this "if you're not happy; bring it back" policy!!
Refund or Exchange - your choice. :)

I even saw a lady get a refund for a Bag of Pig's Ears!
Seems Fido "didn't like the Flavor" :rolleyes:
After she left (refund in hand) the clerk commented (for all in the
vicinity to hear as she held up the bag to note that it was
note quite *full* ...)
"Seems like it took him quite a few *ears* to make up his mind! :p "
Guess *The Customer is Always Right* - no matter what!

...whether or not this Feliaway really works.

I AM SUPPOSED TO DRINK IT, AREN'T I? :confused: ;)

Wellllllll...
You're drinking it might not be quite what Mr Feliway had in mind...
But something interesting is bound to happen! :p
(Do the Kittys know how to <Dial 9-1-1> ??)

Edwina's Secretary
07-04-2003, 06:57 PM
I will keep you guys posted as to whether or not this Feliaway really works. I AM SUPPOSED TO DRINK IT, AREN'T I?

Oh yes! But what I can never remember is it Feliaway followed by a beer chaser or beer followed by a Feliaway chaser????? :D ;) :D

kimlovescats
07-04-2003, 08:52 PM
Poor SAS! I wish I had the answer for you as well. Maybe the "time out" thing is worth a try???? Good luck!!!

;)

lizbud
07-04-2003, 10:33 PM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P. S. I am not sure if I ever mentioned this, and I think I have, but my upset with the cats fighting is not so much the fight itself, but.....Miley cannot control her bowels and bladder when she gets attacked....so I am left with quite a mess and of course, Miley doesn't enjoy being rolled around in her own excrement. Gross I know, but I just can't come home to such a sight each night......
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondered if there had been more than the one attack
that you spoke of earlier. If so, all the defusers in the world
won't change Miley's mind about Ti. Have you ever been so
scared that you've lost control of bladder or bowels? It's a feeling
beyond afraid or scared, it's a stage of total terror. I did once
and I'll never forget it. (turned out alright in the end) Maybe I'm
just projecting my feelings of a prior experience on Miley, but when you described finding Miley in such a state before, I felt
I could definitely relate to what she must have felt like.

Living in a state of constant stress must be phsically & emotionally draining on everyone. I'm glad you seem to have
kept your sense of humor through it all. :)

aly
07-05-2003, 02:14 PM
I am not giving up this soon.

I have a feeling you will NOT regret giving your babies some time and doing what you can to help them along. Keep doing everything you're doing and try not to pull all your hair out. I really think it is too soon to give up too.

Thanks for not giving up on any of your kitties just yet! :)

sasvermont
07-06-2003, 08:00 AM
Today I decided to switch Miley into the other part of the house. She will not be comfortable for awhile, but since she lived in the entire house before now, she knows the floor plan. Ti and Juni are in Miley's former half. I had, from time to time, given Ti the same space as Miley and didn't bother to put Miley in Ti's half. Someone here mentioned letting them into each other's half and at the time, I thought was doing that. Today it dawned on me that Miley is getting very set in her ways, living in the bedroom. So now she is out and about - hiding of course. She needs to get some porch air and begin to live again!

I have attached a couple of photos of the "screen door" I created, allowing Ti and Miley to tangle but not hurt each other. It is screening made so that animals cannot bounce through it. I suspect a large dog would chew right through it. I have it anchored securely with nails, staples and strips of wood!

Martha Stewart would not approve!

I wonder if I should place the holly around the door at Christmas, or leave it as is. Maybe a little greens of some sort. I am sure the cats will still be "at it" by Christmas time!

The Feliway doesn't seem to be doing much. I will give it more time!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid68/pfa60400271fa5f165f99d4fe4413b6ed/fbbfe210.jpg

I could download only one photo. I think half the nation must be downloading photos to the net today!

Pam
07-06-2003, 12:00 PM
Martha Stewart would not approve!

I don't think Martha is going to be voicing her opinion on much in the future. I think she has hung up her glue gun. :rolleyes:

I commend you for your creativity! I think it is an excellent idea!! Maybe we'll get to see a picture or two of Ti and Miley "greeting" (I use that word very loosely) each other through the door one of these days. You certainly are deserving of a capital "A" for effort!

Randy_K
07-06-2003, 03:56 PM
I believe Martha has a little "time out" of her own to be concerned with...

lailamara
07-06-2003, 04:23 PM
I've been away at a cottage up north for a few days without an internet connection and suffering major withdrawal . I keep hoping for news of some positive movement forward at Camp Vermont ..but not yet....and not for lack of trying...You have maintained your sense of humour and Miley hasn't developed hot spots ..Abys are a challenge. My two have started fighting more lately as Bodhi matures and won't always give way to Queen Maya. I think you know best what they can handle and what you can live with. I too would not give up yet. Quirky little beasts that they are you just never know what they will do !

Randy_K
07-06-2003, 05:41 PM
I wish I knew what the magic was with the Bubbles-Mango-Peaches happy household. Bubs wasn't crazy about Mango when he arrived but quickly grew to love him. Peaches joined the household a year later and, again, Bubs wasn't the least bit happy but Mango quickly welcomed her. Now Bubbles and Peaches are great friends too. My best assesment is that Mango is such an even-tempered, happy little guy that he's the glue that holds eveything together. He is the Alpha Cat and, at times, the girls compete for his attention.

sasvermont
07-06-2003, 07:13 PM
I don't think either Miley or Ti are alpha cats.

Ti just erased my last post by rubbing his head on my hand while I was typing. Talk about a handicap! Cats and keyboards don't mix.

Graemer, Miley's brother was the alpha of the house. He loved everyone and everything. He loved being with and being chewed on by mean dogs - having them pin him to the ground and fight. He loved men, women, children, strangers - you name it. He was so confident. Miley is shy and so is Ti. I wonder if Juni will become the alpha in the house. She has all the makings of one. She is still so young, but very, very confident.

I took Juni to visit my mother in an assisted living place and it was Juni's third time in my car. She rode with me outside of the container (not something I usually allow) and stayed in the far back of the station wagon and fell asleep! She is a very cool cat, to say the least. She loves company .... she reminds me of sweet boy Grammy Crackers.

Right now Miley and Juni are in the living room and Ti is with me in the computer room. I am trying to get Miley to stay calm in the other half of the house, the half Ti usually has with Juni. Miley has been in the other half all day now and finally seems to be relaxing while I relax and watch TV etc. I had to close the door behind the screen door so that Ti's howls didn't upset Miley.

Ti will be a challenge to keep in the computer room and it may be that he will reside on the porch for the night if he starts howling!!

I don't have a magic wand to use with these cats, so relying on my instincts is the best I can do.

I love Ti Ti and Miley and of course Juni, and just cannot seem to figure out how to get them to love each other! Time will tell.

Someday I hope to have a photo of the three of them together. That may not happen!

:rolleyes:

Christiansmommy
07-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Oh sweet Grammy Crackers...the mention of his name brings back happy memories, and i didn't even personally know him, but i feel like i was connected with him and knew him quite well :) Think happy, not sad :) It looks to me like if anyone is gonna figure out how to get these cats to socialize nicely with each ohter...it's you , Sallyanne!! I have confidence, that in time, things will work out...they are all still young. I know Gabe's behavior did get calmer as he got older...so maybe in time, things will calm down.

Anyway, another big thank you to your kitties for thinkng of Mocha :) (and of course a big hug from NJ to their mommy!! :))

Have a restful, relaxing night SAS!!

Robyn

Barbara
07-07-2003, 12:25 PM
Juni for sure must be the sunshine of everybody's life:)

Give Ti a scritchie and Miley a kissie and Juni whatever she likes best:D

Randy_K
07-07-2003, 02:15 PM
If there's an "Alpha Cat" vacuum in your home, perhaps Juni will fill it. She may become the benevolent dictator Mango is - he's sweet and loving but sets the rules too! When Peaches was new, Mango worked hard to keep everybody happy. He was quite the diplomat. I hope Juni can handle the job.