PDA

View Full Version : What is your dog's status?

wolfsoul
07-02-2003, 01:27 AM
Timber is dominant with males, and subordinate with females (unless the female is a pup).

Leather is always dominant.

What is your dog/s?

Fuzzy317
07-02-2003, 02:30 AM
Eli is our largest dog. He is dominant, and all our dogs knows he is the alpha.

Ginger tries to be dominant, but she gets put in her place at times. Still she tries to be dominant. :(

Sassee is very submissive. I wish we could take a small portion of Ginger's attitude and give it to Sassee.

tikeyas_mom
07-04-2003, 01:03 AM
my tikeya is dominant, she always has to be dominant over males and female lol.

Oscar it depends.

binka_nugget
07-04-2003, 04:39 PM
For Kai, it depends. He knows that mommy is always boss. He does push my buttons and test me sometimes though.

He likes to challenge my brother and sister though. He'll nip my brother if he bothers Kai while he's sleeping, lying down, etc. He bites my sister for running, jumping, petting at the wrong spot.

I try doing all the things that they do, and he doesn't do anything back lol. But then again, I'm always carrying him like a baby on his back so maybe I'm making him submit to me? Hmmm, works anyways.:D

babolaypo65
07-08-2003, 07:20 PM
Owen is mostly the bottom of any heap, but if a b-a-l-l is involved its a different story. Plus, he does have his limits. He can take a certain amount of picking on, but then will get fed up and fight back. He's good with ALL girls, and most boys who are older, but does do a little disciplining with younger male pups.

Now, THAT is in the park. At home? The cat totally controls him. I had owen for two years before the cat came to live here. (clive was about 1.5 years old). Within a week Clive had taken over, even though I feed Owen first, and let only Owen sleep on the bed (his for 2 plus years). Clive will wait til I pour dog food then lie wrapped around Owen's bowl. Clive will lie in the doorway requiring Owen to jump over him to get in. If I don't call Owen, it will take him 30 or 40 minutes to get up the nerve to jump over. Now, when the roles are reversed, Owen will also lie in the doorway, Clive wont even wait a second and will walk ON Owen to get in the room.

The Painted Dog
07-23-2003, 12:22 AM
I have my two little brothers and they are total opposites in everyway..Ying and Yang of me I would say. Willie is the clown and won't confront anything.. His brother Sewellie (pronounced like Sue Lee). He is the boss of everyone..lol..At a big 24 pounds he is really stern and makes us walk the line..lol.He is so cute being so big and stern.lol.Willie just eggs him on..lol

cocker_luva
07-23-2003, 06:14 PM
jesse is always dominant. she is the boss of every dog she meets, except one dog (chow/pit bull mix.) she belongs to a friend of ours, Gypsy (the mix) is also dominant at the same level so we have to keep them separated. unless they will get into a fight, we learned that the hard way. :mad: :eek: :(

that also isn't fun because when we have a get-together at a neighbors house and my friend brings her dogs (a rescued Rottweiler and a Bluetick Coonhound x Black-and-Tan Coonhound, plus the Chow x Pit Bull) over, we have to leave my poor jesse at home until she leaves. :( but i guess it is all for the best.

bnormal
07-30-2003, 07:47 AM
That's a tough one...Callihan is the boss of the house....but Mitchy (being a puppy still) has free reign. Mitchy is constantly bothering Callihan...but I still have to say that Callihan is the "overall" dominant one.

I'm just glad this poll wasn't about spouses!

:D :D :D

Cocker*Lover
07-31-2003, 01:26 PM
Tries to be dominate around other dogs(Windsor) but is sub. around humans.

pitc9
07-31-2003, 07:26 PM
Neither of my pups are dominate towards other dogs, or each other. They both take turns picking on each other!

But they do NOT like people in our(there) yard (even if they are family and friends!!!)

But if we are not in our yard, they are ok!