PDA

View Full Version : How Could Someone Be So Cruel???

pinkelbows
07-01-2003, 02:34 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Central/06/30/cat.mutilations.ap/index.html

2kitties
07-01-2003, 02:38 PM
my boys are indoor only- precisely for this reason. There are some sick evil people out there.

pinkelbows
07-01-2003, 03:24 PM
there most certianly are! I would NEVER ever let my babies outside to begin with, but after I read this I am going to try and encourage some of my friends to do the same with their pets.

Prairie Purrs
07-01-2003, 04:26 PM
The City of Aurora (the Denver suburb where most of the killings have taken place) has finally assigned an officer to investigate the case full-time, so I'm hoping this horrible person(s) will slip up and get caught very, very soon. I'm a peaceful person, but even so I'd like to see this poor excuse for a human put in a room with a bunch of heavily armed cat owners. :mad:

kittens
07-01-2003, 05:48 PM
my cats will NEVER be allowed outside because of this reason, among others.

if someone hurt one of these sickos, would anyone on a jury vote them guilty? not me!

moosmom
07-01-2003, 06:10 PM
That's why I don't let any of my cats outside. Boy, I only wish I was chosen for the jury of THAT dirtbag!! I believe in karma.

NoahsMommy
07-01-2003, 06:32 PM
I didn't even want to read that....I'm sure its horrible and has to do with outdoor cats getting hurt. :( How sad! :(

Our cats are stictly indoors, unless they are in their outdoor enclosure where they are safe. I never even thought about that type of risk to outdoor cats. Its sick!!!

mec407
07-01-2003, 07:08 PM
There are so many important reasons to keep cats indoors. Deranged psychotic cat murderers are just one of those reasons.

Some people think their cats will be happier if they're allowed outdoors. Some people don't like litter boxes and want their cats to go potty outside. These are not valid excuses. Outdoor cats get killed everyday. Even if you live out in the country in a secluded area, your cat could still be attacked by another animal, shot by a human during hunting season, or hit by a car (even if you don't consider your area to be "busy" traffic-wise).

If you love your cat, keep it indoors!

Lorraine
07-01-2003, 07:44 PM
I couldn't read the article either. I am sure it is quite appaling.
My cats are also indoor only cats, and always will be. I need to keep an eye on them, and know they are safe.
I HATE HATE HATE people that do mean things to animals!!!l:mad:

IttyBittyKitty
07-02-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by 2kitties
my boys are indoor only- precisely for this reason. There are some sick evil people out there.

Ditto and likewise. Pixel stays indoors at ALL TIMES. The only exception is White Coat visits, and when she goes to the White Coats, she goes in her box.

The City of Aurora (the Denver suburb where most of the killings have taken place) has finally assigned an officer to investigate the case full-time, so I'm hoping this horrible person(s) will slip up and get caught very, very soon. I'm a peaceful person, but even so I'd like to see this poor excuse for a human put in a room with a bunch of heavily armed cat owners.

Too right, LOCK 'N' LOAD! :mad: :mad: :mad: