PDA

View Full Version : If you live in CT or surronding area...

allanimalswelcome
06-30-2003, 08:17 PM
http://www.aponyforyourthoughts.com/stolen.html

Backround:

This woman owns a petting zoo that goes to parties and things and she has horses that do it too. Well when she moved to TX she couldn't take all her horses:(

Some woman named Elizabeth Noble offered to buy the horse and bring him to CT. Christina said yes and agreed it would be best for the horse. She did of course expect payment.

She never got the money and the whearabouts of her horse are unkwnown. All she got was a load of lies.

Elizabeth Nobles is known to steal horses, tack, etc and sell it.

If you live in the CT area please put this poster up at your riding stable or anywhere http://www.aponyforyourthoughts.com/missing.html

~Rachel

Vermontcat
06-30-2003, 09:09 PM
I used to live in Conn and ride there and the name Elizabeth Noble sounded familiar to me.
I looked at the link you posted and spent a lot of time reading it, I even found a link to Liz Noble's resume from her website.
Sure enough she has worked at two of the places I used to ride at but both times it was a few years after I rode there.

I hope that Christina can find her pony, it is too bad she got ripped off. Hopefully the right people will see this and find him.
He does have a flashy color so that should make him easier to find.

I will be traveling down to Conn. later this week so I will try to get in touch with a friend who may be able to help too.

I am also going to PM Delidog since she used to work with horses in that area too, she may have some contacts who can help too.

allanimalswelcome
07-01-2003, 11:35 AM
Oh thats great!

Not only was she ripped off she also lost her beloved pony:(

~Rachel

moosmom
07-01-2003, 12:52 PM
I was born and raised in Connecticut and just recently moved to Michigan from there.

I worked for The Hartford Courant as a staff writer. I have a good friend who is an investigative reporter who lives in Litchfield County. I just e-mailed him at work and attached the link so he can get an idea of what's going on. He'll e-mail me back and let give me some suggestions.

The one thing I WOULD do is call all the tv stations. Ask for the newsroom and the assignment editor. There's nothing like publicity to get someone out of hiding. Even if they can post her picture on tv, somebody might know her, have seen her or know SOMETHING that'll crack this awful situation. Maybe even America's Most Wanted might want a crack at it.

I wish you alot of luck and I hope the pony is okay.

I'll keep you posted Rachel. Hang in there.

Hey Vermontcat, I didn't know you were from CT? What part? I was from Wethersfield, in between Hartford and Rocky Hill.

allanimalswelcome
07-01-2003, 02:11 PM
This is great!

I'm going to email Christina. Tell her what's going on.

I live in CT. Lived here my whole life and luckily my sister rides at a stable here.

Thanks again everyone!

~Rachel

Vermontcat
07-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by allanimalswelcome
Oh thats great!

Not only was she ripped off she also lost her beloved pony:(

~Rachel
Maybe I didn't word that right, I meant ripped off as in she didn't get the money as promised OR her sweet pony back.:(

Delidog answered my PM and said she will pass the info along to a couple of people she knows in the area of Conn. mentioned.
She also wishes Christina good luck in finding her pony.:)

Allanimals, have you also posted on some horse related websites? A good one to try would be
www.equinesite.com
since it is based in New England. They have a classified section and a bulletin board as well as a message board(EquiChat).

Moosmom, that is a good idea to contact the newspaper and America's Most Wanted has been very successful in getting the people they want.
By the way Moo, I will PM you later, I grew up in the SW corner of Ct.

ChloeLove
07-01-2003, 04:53 PM
I live in Norwalk, Connecticut.....and somehow I belive I had heard the name. I used to ride horses at a farm called Silvermine Farms...dang, I KNOW I heard that name somewhere! :confused:

allanimalswelcome
07-01-2003, 06:08 PM
No I don't post on those horse message boards but I do have a very active member of EquiChat in my house...she's there now. Not sure how she would feel about me "invading" the boards:rolleyes:

I got an email back from Christina. I will post it when I can get on my reg. computer. For some weird reason my dad does not allow you to copy and paste :confused:

Thanks again everyone!

~Rachel

delidog
07-01-2003, 09:48 PM
How Interesting....I did what Vermontcat did...went to her resume...I used to live a stones throw from stepping stone farm....onAlligator farm,ridgefield.....we allknownew cannan mounted troop...her references were most interesting....
Betsy Reed at Coker Farm...I would say contact Judy Richter...Owner of Coker Farm....or Norman Dello Joio...who has horses there (still as I know)
Sunnyfield Farm....Jerri Freels....Karen and Sandy...owners of sunnyfield...How interesting...None of these Top A Circuit professionals would have anything to do with a two bit 1500.00 horse thief.....they don't even deal in those numbers!!!!
Not to sound harsh...because it is SO WRONG for someone to loose their beloved pet....That is heartbreaking...I just find it hard to believethat she had anything to do with these people...
Admittedly,when you work on the circuit,you end up hiring and firing ALOTof transients.....but they wouldn't use your name....
very strange...

I agree....Go to the local Newspapers...Ihave sent this link to a few people in the Wilton,Ridgefield,Brewster,Bedford area...
I hopethat she is Caught,Prosecuted and that The Dear Pony gets home safely!!!!!

Sorry,My Blood is just BOILING over This...I saw it so much when I was in the Horse business and going through the learning process...

GOOD LUCK!!!!

allanimalswelcome
07-02-2003, 08:03 AM
Dear Rachel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to read about Mojo, and for your help :o)

We feel that we have gotten so close to finding him on at least 2 occasions, but then something would fall through, or we'd never hear back from whoever had seen him. We even talked to a lady via email who had boarded him at her barn, and she refused to cooperate with the police! Can you imagine? Why would ANYONE prefer to protect the criminal in a case like this?? Unless of course she was involved in some way... Her name was Lynda Spannaus, and she operated a stable somewhere in CT (can't think what the name of it was at the moment). Anyway, she was the last person who we KNOW saw Mojo.

*sigh*

Why do people have to be so dishonest???

Well, thanks again for writing, and for helping to get the word out :o)

Christina Davison

That's the reply I got back from here:)

delidog-How very weird:confused: I can only imagine what it feels like to be continusly worrying about your pet and wondering if they will ever come home:(

~Rachel