PDA

View Full Version : AmyLovesMisty, Goodbye. :(

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-29-2003, 06:53 PM
Amy has just told me that Misty is very ill... they haven't found out what it is yet, but Misty isn't doing well. She told me to tell you she won't be back for a while, maybe she won't even come back... I feel so bad for her, and I am in tears right now, praying for the both of them. Wishes to Amy and Misty, and here's to the best for them in the future. We will miss you Amy, and poor Misty. Be sure to give Misty lots of kisses for me. I am praying she does well.

popcornbird
06-29-2003, 07:08 PM
Oh no! :( How awful! That is just SO sad to know. :(:(:( I can see that you are on right now Amy? If you don't mind, could you please tell us a bit about Misty and how she's feeling? :( Please get well soon Misty! Your momma needs you!

Amy, I know you feel terrible, but this is no reason to leave PT. If you need to talk, we are all here.

aly
06-29-2003, 07:12 PM
Amy,

I understand why you want to leave. But please, if you need anyone to talk to, turn to Pet Talk. It can be very comforting in a time of stress over one of our beloved furbabies. We all understand how it feels to have a sick one and wish you and Misty only the best.

I am very sorry and I hope she'll pull through :(

Kfamr
06-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Sorry about Misty, even though she said not so nice things to me on AIM. Hopefully Misty will be ok.

Karen
06-29-2003, 07:33 PM
We will keep both you and Misty in our prayers until we hear from you again.

KYS
06-29-2003, 07:57 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about Misty being ill.
As everyone else posted, we are all here for you.

Will be sending many good thoughts your way.

iceyshiver21
06-29-2003, 10:36 PM
Poor Misty get well soon little one!!

Gone Doggin'
06-29-2003, 10:45 PM
aww that's awful :(
i'm sure misty will be better soon
prayers on the way :)

wolfsoul
06-30-2003, 12:28 AM
Aww, poor Misty! :(

I hope that she recovers well. Please Amy, this is no reason to leave pt. Tell us all how it goes. PLEASE keep us updated.

IttyBittyKitty
06-30-2003, 06:09 AM
I hope Misty gets better soon :(

bluekat
06-30-2003, 09:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Misty, I really hope its not that serious.
Amy- we are here for you if you need to talk, and please don't leave PT :(
I'll be praying for Misty, hope she recovers soon.

primabella
06-30-2003, 09:48 AM
Awww I hope Misty feels better. We're here if you need to talk...

GoldenRetrLuver
06-30-2003, 12:42 PM
Oh no...I hope Misty gets better! Please stay on pet talk...:(

Keep us updated!

AmylovesMisty
06-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Misty has Heartworm. I am very sorry Kfamr i never got a chance to apoligize that was my friend talking to you.

*For the second time in her life, she is near death of Heartworm. I don't understand. We give her the pills every month. She must have just gotten it. Thank you for your prayers. Our family appreciates them. We might have a new addition in case..something goes wrong with Misty. I will hope to come back...but I need time to think about it first. I hope you all understand.*

wolfsoul
06-30-2003, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Misty has heartworm. Will she be alright? Are there any special meds to conquer it? Was has the vet said, does it look like she'll fight it good?

RockyRoad
06-30-2003, 01:08 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry about Misty. We'll be praying hard that she will be alright. You will be in our thoughts. :(

{{{Hugs}}}

slick
06-30-2003, 05:03 PM
Oh no. Prayers coming your way Amy! Just remember miracles do happen and we are all here for you.

aly
06-30-2003, 05:07 PM
You're putting her through treatment, right? If you guys take her through the treatment and have her on about 5-6 weeks of bed rest, she will most likely pull through.

Check to see if your heartworm prevention is expired. If not, you need to talk extensively to your vet to find out how this happened.

Is Misty an outside dog?

I would hold off on the new addition because Misty will need a lot of quiet rest during her treatment. A new dog around (especially if its a puppy) could get her excited. Her heart rate cannot go up while she's recovering or she could die. Also, you should figure out how your dog got heartworm twice before you get a new one. The treatment is VERY hard on them and she'll need to be inside in a crate when no one's home. When someone is home, she should still be inside but doesn't have to be in her crate as long as she's resting. Some dogs won't settle down so have to be crated just about all the time during their bed rest.

You said she's had it before so I assume you know all this? I've fostered heartworm dogs through their treatment so if you have any questions, you can email me or post here.

Oh yeah, you said she must of just gotten it but that can't be possible if she's that sick. When they get to the point where they aren't doing well, they've had it a loooong time. It won't even show up on the heartworm test until 6 months after they contract it.

AmylovesMisty
07-01-2003, 06:17 PM
Her first Heartworm came before we got her at a very young age. Since this is her second time chances and 50%..thanks for all the tips aly!

wolf_Q
07-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Sorry to hear about Misty. :( I hope she will be ok. I think Aly has some good advice for you.

AmberLee
07-01-2003, 06:33 PM
Wow. What a shock. Will be holding you and Misty in our thoughts and prayers. {{{Misty, Amy}}}

shais_mom
07-02-2003, 12:48 AM
please keep us updated