PDA

View Full Version : It's a part of the Job....

iceyshiver21
06-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Well I went over to check kennals tonight, I had just got back from a wedding and I still had my BEST cloths on, because I had already cleaned and since they wern't home I was just going to check in and make sure everyone still had food and water and that they didnt spill it.
Her two Shepards Fine.
Two Retrivers Great.
Aussies As sweet as ever.
I was checking the last three eskies and had yet to ruin my cloths, leaned over and stuck my fingers in the water to see if I could feel how full it was, it was dark, the light bulb went out earlier..I didnt know where she kept the new ones. Just as I took my fingers out of the water to leave, the pup decided that they wanted to be petted so I agian leaned over to pet them, not daring to open the door because if they got out I might not beable to catch them...They are 3 very sweet males..one in which I might take home one of these days, they are the odd balls, she has all of the other dogs in the pefect runs and kennels so they all get along wonderfully. These where the ones that didn't fit with any of the other groups and she was looking for a new home for each because they where young. well one of them decided that I spent to much time petting the other. They both got angry and jelous and started to attack each other. Well of course what do you do when dogs fight?? I jumped in and dumped 10 gallons of water on them...still no end to it. I tried yelling...scaring them..everything I could think of...till finely I snapped. I snatched the closest dog, got bite a few times, and got blood, mudd, and water all over myself and my good cloths...fun...... NOT!

I was now in search of a place to put the dog. No open runs where available at the time. Horse trailer? no. Entery way? no, barney(german shepard) might get him. Nursery? No, he could get loose and kill puppies. anywhere?? no. He is now squirming and gettting really hard to hold. Then I remebered that she has some med. sized carriers in the Entry. So I got get one put him in. Now i had to find a safe, quite, place to put the carrier...it ended up in the 3rd to the last stall in the nursery...still worried he might get loose...not knowing just how strong the carrier is...I worried he might still get loose and kill puppies...so what else but spend the night in the pup nursery, after calling my mommy from the phone in the barn..to bring me a cot.
what a night...

captain
06-29-2003, 06:44 PM
Oh dear ......... :rolleyes:

Thank heavens you did not go BEFORE the wedding!!!!

KYS
06-29-2003, 07:38 PM
How scary for you, are you allright?
Talk about quick thinking.
Dogs can get jelouse, especially over a special treat,
and you were that special treat.
Clothes can be cleaned, but I hope you
are ok.

sabies
06-29-2003, 09:12 PM
Wow, what a night, hope you and the dogs are doing better now!