PDA

View Full Version : The Fireworks Have Started...*sigh*

Cheshirekatt
06-28-2003, 07:15 PM
It's official now.....I just had 2 m-80's go off in what sounded like my backyard but I'm sure is one house over.

*sigh*

Fortunately it doesn't scare my dogs....but they yap endlessly at them. It's so aggravating.

So I've got the music up obnoxiously loud and it seems to be helping.

Are fireworks allowed where you live?

aly
06-28-2003, 07:25 PM
UGH! Lolly is TERRIFIED of them. I never do anything on the 4th of July so I can sit at home with her. Nothing I do ever helps, but at least I'm here to make sure she doesn't jump through a window or something. I am NOT looking forward to this holiday. I haven't heard any yet, thank goodness. I'm hoping no one around me will do them, but there's a lot of kids in a nearby neighborhood so I'm sure they will be.

AmylovesMisty
06-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Misty doesn't mind them if shes inside. Yes. my crazy college neighbors set of about 100 fireworks a day starting july first an ending july 4th. But out of total randomness they will do it in th middle of December or April or any other random month. Yesterday they set up a fake deer and practice shooting with paintball guns at it which i find extremely creul. Just to give you an idea...

Gone Doggin'
06-28-2003, 08:29 PM
yea fireworks are allowed in my neighbourhood, and Maple's wayyyyyy scared of them
If nobody's home, she might get so scared that she'll pee on the carpet:eek:
and sometimes she'll start digging the carpet like she wants to get out
so usually we stay home with her on these days

wolf_Q
06-28-2003, 10:05 PM
Yes...must be firework season here....Reggie's been following me around like he's attached.

He's absolutely TERRIFIED of them. More then once he has jumped into the shower with me when they went off. Smokey doesn't care (can't hear them anyway) and I'm not sure about Nebo.

Cheshirekatt
06-29-2003, 01:09 AM
Still going like crazy.

Dogs are yapping, misc. explosions.

Elvis is sleeping through the whole thing........

:D

CathyBogart
06-29-2003, 01:11 AM
Star gets freaked out, and the illegality of them doesn't bother people around here. I don't mind particularly, as long as they're not excruciatingly loud.

Cincy'sMom
06-29-2003, 08:06 AM
We've had a few load pops around here the last few days...Cincy is a little wary of goin goutside if she doesn't have to. She is doing MUCH better then last year. If she hears them, she runs to me or my husband, not to hide a corner, like she did last year. Inside, she doesn't seem to be paying any attention to them.

We'll see how things go this week....

bnormal
06-29-2003, 09:25 AM
I hate fireworks...scares Callihan to death....I always hope it rains on the 4th

momoffuzzyfaces
06-29-2003, 12:39 PM
Yep, they are going off all ready here, too. I look forward to a miserable week, especially starting Thursday evening and going on through Sunday night. My cats hate them and I'm not wild about them either. Seems they always point the night stuff at my house and yard. I have lots of trees and worry about fires. :eek:

RICHARD
06-29-2003, 12:49 PM
illegal as hell here on so cal..

the people at the corner have a son who is LAPD and always
stops by....two saturdays ago the squad car is parked at the corner (the gent stops for lunch/dinner with his partner) there is a party going on and there is about 3 hours of bottle rocket, roman candles explosions....m-80s........

i have a wood shake roof on my house so it's doubly scary for me...

eddie is used to them.....he goes to the window looks out then runs

RubyMutt
06-29-2003, 12:54 PM
Fireworks are illegal in the city I live in, but that doesn't stop people from setting them off :rolleyes: My neighbors have been setting them off for a few days now as well. Ruby doesn't like them :(

Cheshirekatt
07-03-2003, 12:27 AM
Arrrg! I think one of the losers behind me might have thrown an m-80 into my yard while Buford was out there!

I'm going to have to keep a close eye out and go over there and kick some tail if I have to............