PDA

View Full Version : Another Stupid Person Story

moosmom
06-28-2003, 06:50 PM
I was coming out of the ladies room at the shelter when a woman with a SMALL cat carrier walked in. I bent down and started talking to this beautiful BIG black and white long haired cat, Caesar. I started talking to her just to find out what was going on. She was turning him into the shelter because she was moving to California and couldn't take him with her. My blood began to boil!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I said very snottily, "Why are cats illegal in California???" I suggested asking her vet if he knew of anyone who could take Caesar. She abruptly said "Yes, I tried and there's no one. Besides, I leave tomorrow." I wanted to take him home with me (he was so scared!!) but I just can't. I am overloaded as it is.

I just got up, gave her the dirtiest look possible and walked into the front office until the paperwork was done. I took him into the cat room and out of the carrier. He was at least 20 pounds. A real sweet boy. I brushed him and went to trim his from claws. He didn't have any!!!

This bitch walked in, didn't even say good bye to her 7 YEAR OLD FURBABY and walked out like she just made a deposit at a bank!!! I hope her plane crashes!!! :mad: :mad:

I'm beginning to think that I'm better off working from my home on the Petfinder.com website. Working directly with these cats, and see all these STUPID, MORONIC people treat their pets like disposable trash is really taking a toll on my mood AND my depression, to the point where my medicine isn't working that great anymore. I'm read to throw in the towel.

PayItForward
06-28-2003, 07:16 PM
You are such a strong person, one for working at a shelter without coming home with a different cat daily and second for not KILLING that lady.
:(

Before you decide to throw in the towel, just remember what a difference you make to the cats.

As for that lady...Karma will bring bad vibes back around to her life, for abadoning her loyal friend.

aly
06-28-2003, 07:20 PM
Oh Donna! I know exactly how you feel. This post is making me cry. I see that crap at the shelters here every day too. It really does get you down :( But I try to think of it as they're in a better place now and thats one more animal saved from an awful person. And you can make such a difference in their lives for their stay at the shelter. Please don't stop going :( Take a break if you need one for a bit. I have to take them too. But I hope you don't have to stop going alltogether.

Last weekend for our telethon, someone came to give us a "donation"... it was her CAT :mad: :mad: :mad:

And another thing I HATE is when I'm walking by the visitation rooms and if someone is visiting a dog or puppy that had an accident in the room, they get my attention and point to me then point to the mess. Ummm, excuse me! I am not there to be their servant. They want a puppy, they better get used to cleaning up the messes themselves!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

IttyBittyKitty
06-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Gosh, some people are soooo STUPID! I don't know how you restrained your self with this idiot. That poor, poor kitty baby! Obviously, she has NO idea about cats - she probably de-clawed him so he wouldn't claw her $3,000 couch! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope he finds a good furrever home soon!

You don't have to give up the kitties ... yes, take a break from the misery - maybe help out doing admin or other tasks that the shelter needs done - but remember that kitties like Caesar will remember the love and kindness of your touch.

K & L
06-28-2003, 10:59 PM
This type of stuff burns me up too. On the better side, at least she turned him into a shelter. We get so many people that just DUMP their cats at the park, and this AGGRAVATES me even more so. I don't understand things like this, and never will. It would be very difficult for me to volunteer or work at shelters because of things like this. BUT...think if it weren't for people like yourself some of these cats wouldn't know what love is. Keep up your good work.

L. Wayne
06-29-2003, 06:19 AM
If any of you read my post about rescuing Sammy cat, (under the cat rescue forum), that the woman who surrendered him to me had a similiar attitude. Many cat "owners" only have a pet cat because of something other than unconditional love that a pet offers. I remember her stating that "he keeps running in front of me". I said, that "when they do that it is usually because they want something" ( usually some attenition, at least, this is what I was thinking but didn't say anything.) I also told her that I was here to see some seal-point Siamese cats. That is when she offered Sammy cat to me.

After joining this group almost 2 years ago, I have come to appreciate my pets more and more. It is a matter of education vs practicality in cat ownership. Those who only value a pet cat because of utilitarian purposes, are most likely to view their pet as a thing added to their ownership among other goods. Yet, those of us who value our pets because they are living beings, and offer unconditional friendship, are those who consider them as part of our family. There is a vast difference. I am grateful to those of you who have taught through example, how to really value my furkids.

.........wayne

NoahsMommy
06-29-2003, 02:56 PM
Donna, is there any way you can not do the intake of the cats? I bet if you didn't know who brought them in and didn't see the attitude, you'd feel better?

I steer clear of that part of our shelter, I find myself getting very angry if I hear who brought them in and why as it is. It would make me very, very upset to see what you are seeing as well.

Don't give up, those cats need your love. You are so kind and selfless to offer so much to them. I know they are in a better place to have you there to love them for the time they are there.

Barbara
06-29-2003, 03:02 PM
It may sound stupid but somehow I believe in justice here on earth. If her plane crashes -fine (although I would prefer something that hurts no other people) but anyway she is already unhappy and I think at the end of the day will end up unhappier even. It does not help to be a bl....y b...ch:D :D

moosmom
06-29-2003, 07:20 PM
The story gets even better! :mad: :mad: :mad: I went to the shelter today to schmooze with some of them, so I could understand them a little more when describing them on Petfinder.com. I went to see how Caesar was doing. He's terrified and hasn't eaten. In the cage next to Caesar's is another cat. I checked out the tag on the second cat. Would you believe this BITCH, and I do mean BITCH pulled one over on the shelter. On the tags, it gives the address of the person surrendering the cat. Both Caesar and this other cat had the SAME EXACT address!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:!!! Which means she obviously turned one cat in one day, then Caesar in on Friday. Makes me sick!!!

I've decided to take a break from the shelter. I'm only going in there to get info on the cats so I can update the Petfinder listings. I will also be involved in fundraising and off-site adoptions. After 8 months of being away from animal rescue, I thought I was ready to come back. Obviously not.

:( :( :(

2kitties
06-30-2003, 01:51 PM
oh God I dont' know how you do that work. It's such good and necessary work, but between the heartbreaking and the blood boiling- I'd explode. I mean, I think about my boys and just can't imagine every giving one of them up. Not to meantion how they'd feel.
It's cruel and heartless adn will come back to haunt her, no doubt.

The good thing about what you do is that you can be there to make sure Ceasar and his brother have someone to cuddle and love them and I'm sure you'll do all that you can to get them a good home.

lynnestankard
06-30-2003, 02:18 PM
'I'm Livid":mad: :mad:

That's only reading your posts Donna - I feel I could strangle that stupid moronic no-brain.
How dare someone like her even think of owning cats?

Thank God forpeople like you {{{{HUGS}}}}

Lynne

kittens
06-30-2003, 02:40 PM
well as bad as it seems, maybe its good she gave them both up... because maybe they could be company to each other? they could comfort each other a little. would it help to have them in the same cage? if more than one is allowed I don't know.. if thats all the more that she cares about them they are better off without her. my cats alre ALWAYS in front of me , when they want to play or are hungry. I don't get mad about it. poor cats.
ther eis no way I could give up any of my cats, they are part of me.