PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

binka_nugget
06-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Once again, I have a little dilema. At another thread, I mentioned Kai having a runny nose. I went to check and see if his nose was still runny when I noticed that part of his nose has a pink coloring to it. More than 90% is still black but there's this small sort of line that's pink. I was thinking that maybe it's part of his coloring or something but this developed just recently and I was thinking that it'd be a bit late to be developing his coloring still...after all, he's turning 1 next month. I thought it was just dirty at first but I tried rubbing it off and it's still there. Should I be concerned?

wolf_Q
06-28-2003, 10:38 AM
Quite a few dogs with black noses develope a pinkish hue...I was thinking that the pink developed more in the winter though, and usually when they are a bit older, so I'm not sure.

GoldenRetrLuver
06-28-2003, 10:49 AM
Daisy has a little pink on her nose too....I dont think there anything to worry about. :)

Kfamr
06-28-2003, 10:56 AM
I don't think there's anything to worry about. Is your as on at all inside? Simba's nose always runs because of our AC. Dog's noses often turn pink.

binka_nugget
06-28-2003, 03:47 PM
nope..no ac on at all....grrr i should bug my parents about that...it's always so "hot in herre" lol. I guess there's nothing to worry about...other than that, he has a bit of reverse sneezing and runny nose...but I'll mention that to the vet...

Kfamr
06-28-2003, 03:56 PM
Simba used to reverse sneeze alot, it may just be allergies.

Crikit
06-28-2003, 04:01 PM
What type of bowl do you have. I know that sometimes plastic bowls can fade the colouring of dogs noses.

binka_nugget
06-28-2003, 04:40 PM
What type of bowl do you have. I know that sometimes plastic bowls can fade the colouring of dogs noses.
We use stainless steel...way easier to clean lol.

Simba used to reverse sneeze alot, it may just be allergies.
Yea, I was thinking that it might be allergies. He's had it for a while and the vet said it should go away. He said that if it doesn't, he'll have to have a tube go in him....:eek: I sure hope not lol.

CamCamPup33
06-28-2003, 05:46 PM
at the top of caz nose its pink.. Thats because she makes it like that. Does kia chew on Rawhide bones? any kind of bones? Kia could be trying to bury them on carpet.. hehe.. cami does that and it make her nose raw.. Sometimes cami also has a runny nose but i agree with kayann maybe just the allergies

binka_nugget
06-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
at the top of caz nose its pink.. Thats because she makes it like that. Does kia chew on Rawhide bones? any kind of bones? Kia could be trying to bury them on carpet.. hehe.. cami does that and it make her nose raw.. Sometimes cami also has a runny nose but i agree with kayann maybe just the allergies

Kai gets a bone for breakfast every morning. No raw hide though...he lost it somewhere lol. Kai doesn't try to bury things though...so I'm leaning towards allergies...or maybe it's the heat or something? i'm not sure..oh well..it doesn't seem to be bothering him...so i'm sure it's fine