PDA

View Full Version : To Keep or Not to Keep

Uabassoon
06-27-2003, 04:41 PM
A few weeks ago a friend of mine gave me a cat tree because she was moving and couldn't take it with her. Well I'm moving this week into a much smaller place. I figured out that I can fit both cat trees but it will be a VERY tight squeeze. This new tree is rather large and I know it's going to be difficult to lug it up three flights of stairs. Corkscrew and Tibby still use the smaller cat tree to sleep and play. I can't decide if I should keep the new cat tree or donate it to the shelter I got Tibby from. All of the cats at the shelter have free run of the house and there is no cat tree there for them to climb and play. So, should I keep the cat tree or donate it?

kittens
06-27-2003, 04:45 PM
I was going to pm you and ask to buy it from you but, after reading all of your post... I think you should donate it, that would be great for those cats. they won't fight over it? I mean mine have been known to do that occasionally. but it would be a wonderful gift!

ps, where did you get Tibby from? the hermitage? just wondering because you mentioned "free run of the house"...

Uabassoon
06-27-2003, 04:46 PM
I got her from a smaller shelter called F.A.C.T. Here's the link to their website.
http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/fact.html

kittens
06-27-2003, 04:57 PM
I have that website, but thanks! so, just wondering, have you ever been to the hermitage? its where I got Patches(Leo) and Charlie. they were not very friendly when I went there. then once inside, THEN they were nicer, well the one guy was.

if for some reaon you don't decide to donate the cat tree, how much do you want for it? I could use another one here!

kittens
06-27-2003, 05:00 PM
I SHOULD donate the the ones I have, well maybe when I have the money for new ones, these are getting kind of worn, and by time I can afford to replace them they won't be worth donating.
took Emma to the vet yesterday...$200.00!!! and $50 a couple weeks ago for Charlie's bloody claw! yikes. Im poor.

Uabassoon
06-27-2003, 05:03 PM
I've been to the hermatige but I wasn't really looking for a cat at the time. After Zasper died I knew I wanted another siamese mix so I put up an ad on Petfinder saying I was looking to adopt a siamese mix and Margo from the shelter sent me an email telling me about Tibby and I fell in love. She was really shy when I went to see her, I took about 2 or three visits before she trusted me enough to let me play with her but now she is super friendly and loving.

If I decide not to keep the cat tree and Margo doesn't want it I'll PM you and let you know. Right now I still haven't decided if I should keep it or not.

lizbud
06-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Uabassoon,

Think I'd donate one to the Shelter. Those kitties have no
one to buy them "nice " play stuff. It would make some lonely
little ones very happy.:D :D

p.s. is that enough guilt....:p

rg_girlca
06-27-2003, 11:41 PM
Oh I wholeheartedly agree with lizbud to donate the cat tree to these precious darlings. Just think of the joy they will have playing and resting on a new cat tree.
But it is your decision.:D

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2003, 11:55 PM
I also agree that you should donate it to the shelter. The cats there will love it. :D BTW when I first read the subject of your thread, I thought that you were trying to decide whether to keep a cat or not. :) My answer to this would have been to keep the cat. :)

K & L
06-28-2003, 04:48 PM
If you feel you can't use it, I'd donate to all those that can!:)

kimlovescats
06-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Donate it.... a wonderful idea!!!:D