PDA

View Full Version : RIP Perrie :*(

RockyRoad
06-27-2003, 04:40 PM
:( :(:( :( :(

I cannot believe it. Perrie passed away. I had him outside this morning, and he was running around fine. About an hour ago, I came in my room and he was lying there, but still alive. I was really scared, and we have no vets in this area that work on rodents. So I e-mailed someone to ask what might be wrong. Just a half hour ago I checked up on him, and he was dead. :( I know lots of you will hate me and call me irresponsible because he only lived a few months. I don't understand what happened to him. :( :(

I want him back...he was my little boy... :( :(

Just thought I'd tell you all the news... :(

RIP my sweet baby, have tons of fun on the RB sweetie. :(

Uabassoon
06-27-2003, 04:44 PM
I don't think you are irresponsible. It sounds like Speedy was pretty sick and he might not have even made it to the vet. I know you did what you could, and Perrie lived a very happy life with you. I know you miss him very much, but he is now running around having lots of fun at the Rainbow Bridge.

binka_nugget
06-27-2003, 04:46 PM
I don't hate you or think you are irresponsible. You had limited options since no vets work on rodents...you did what you could. Rip sweet perrie

Tina
06-27-2003, 04:55 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Perrie:( May he rest in peace.

primabella
06-27-2003, 04:59 PM
That's so terrible...and weird. What could have happened?

:(:( RIP sweet Perrie. :(:(

Britt, you did what you could. Perrie is playing happily in RB.

wolfsoul
06-27-2003, 05:00 PM
I'm so sorry :( RIP sweet Perrie :( (sorry, but I have to ask; I thought Perrie was a girl?)

I don't think you were irresponsible. I think it's sad that everyone has to think that before they post because of all that's been going on lately. Like you said, there is no small animal vet in your area, you had to rely on what you thought was best for Perrie. He's still in a happy place.

Heather Wallace
06-27-2003, 05:06 PM
Sorry to hear about this, I know how sad it is to lose a pet.

Aspen and Misty
06-27-2003, 05:08 PM
O britt ::hugs::

I know how much them lil guys can touch your life. He is running happiliy at the rainbow bridge.

Ash

tikeyas_mom
06-27-2003, 05:10 PM
omg I am sooo sorry, how old was he when you got him? normally dwarfs only live about 1-2 years. I am really sorry that he has passed. My heart is with you, I know hammies re small but they are such good pets. I am sure Perrie was loved in his short life at your home, he is in a better place. :) please dont be sad.

slick
06-27-2003, 06:18 PM
God I'm a blubbering idiot again. First my friend's cat and now Perrie. It doesn't matter what kind of pet you have the pain is still very real when they leave you. RIP sweet Perrie and have fun at the RB. Hugs to you Britt.

zanzanfergie
06-27-2003, 07:06 PM
Oh I am so so sorry for your loss. Of course I don't think you're irresponsible, these things happen, and such small creatures are so fragile there's probably nothing you could have done. When I brought my mouse, Q, home, we played with her all morning, and went I went back to check on her in her cage in the afternoon she had just laid down and died. Like you said, it's all so sudden.

Perrie was such a little fella with such a big capacity to be loved. He's playing happily now at the RB. I'm so sorry to you Britt. Feel better.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-27-2003, 08:34 PM
Ohh Perrie...

Perrie?? What happened sweet boy? I am so sorry, there was nothing your mommy could do for you. I am sure she made a great life for you... She misses you greatly. Come and visit her once and a while, I am sure she would greatly appreciate it. Come and give her tiny hammie kisses in her sleep to let her know you are there. Have great fun on the Rainbow Bridge, play hard and love lots. We miss you sweet boy.

Britt, I am so so sorry. Ack.. now I'm crying... Poor Perrie. You did all you could, Britt, nothing was your fault.

<<HUGS>> from me and the gang.

ChloeLove
06-27-2003, 08:35 PM
I am so sorry...RIP Perrie! Have fun at RB!

CathyBogart
06-27-2003, 09:18 PM
I'm so sorry! Poor Perrie! I doubt anyone here would think you irresponsible! We all know you take great care of your fuzzbutts, and a wonderful life of a few short months is much better than many hammies get. RIP Perrie!

RockyRoad
06-27-2003, 09:22 PM
Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me. :)

I finally learned how to use PSP 8, so I made a special sig for Perrie.

I don't know what happened, for those who were wondering. We just came in and saw him there. I suppose he was a few months old..like seven or eight.

Thank you again everyone.
{{{Hugs}}}

aly
06-27-2003, 09:31 PM
Brit, I'm very sorry for your loss :( If there's not a vet in your area that sees rodents, then there's not much else you could have done. RIP sweet Perrie.

Cookiebaker
06-27-2003, 09:36 PM
Oh Britt, I'm so sorry!! Rest in peace sweet Perrie!! I'm so glad that that the time he had on this earth was with you. :)

popcornbird
06-28-2003, 02:35 AM
Oh no! Not Perrie! :(:(:(

I'm so very sorry to hear this terrible news Britt. I can't even imagine how you must be geeling. :( Perrie was one VERY adorable little hammie, and the poor thing had to leave so early. :( Please don't blame yourself. You are NOT irresponsible at all. It was Perrie's time to go and there was nothing you or anyone could have done about it. :(

I don't know much about hamsters, but since it happened so sudden, do you suppose he could have eaten something he wasn't supposed to, like something off the floor? :( Again, I'm so very sorry about your loss. Goodbye sweet Perrie! :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pb8f6a40454ef9cbe0d317e2f1eec8cbc/fbd1ff68.jpg

Ps. I made this for you to put in your signature, in memory of Perrie, if you wish. :(

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pfa19851625ad8a2874f020c0fb7d70d3/fbd1fd2b.jpg

bluekat
06-28-2003, 08:29 AM
Oh Britt, I'm so sorry to hear about Perrie:( But there was nothing you could've done, and you did what you could. But it's weird how he died so quickly, there must've been something very serious:(
(((((hugs)))))
RIP Perrie, and have fun at RB!:)

RubyMutt
06-28-2003, 09:28 AM
I do not think you're an irresponsible owner! I'm so sorry about Perrie :( He was such a cute little guy! I hope he has met up with with my passed dwarf hamster, Mimi, and the RB :) RIP sweet Perrie :( :(
(Your new sig for him is beautiful :))

Bathsheba069
06-29-2003, 10:02 PM
Britt,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how much these little souls mean to you - as they also do for me. You will never forget Perrie. All hamsters have personalities all their own and they touch your heart in a way that other creatures cannot. He has gone on to a better place. I always think of it as a chance for you to give another needy dwarf a new and loving home.

Rest in peace, Perrie. We are thinking of you.

iceyshiver21
06-29-2003, 10:59 PM
Sweet dear Perrie...Rest in Peace with the other PT pets at the RB!!

wolf_Q
06-29-2003, 11:51 PM
Rest in peace sweet Perrie. Your life was too short, but at least it was filled with love. Have fun at the bridge. :(

Airedalekisses
06-30-2003, 09:09 AM
so sorry, I know it's difficult;but think of the good times you had with him-any animal hates to see tears, so when you think of him smile and laugh and how he enriched your life.:)

shais_mom
07-02-2003, 12:55 AM
I don't think you were irresponsible, it isn't like you can drive him to the vet yourself anyway!
RIP and Godspeed to the Bridge little Perrie!

anna_66
07-02-2003, 06:47 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Britt.:(

R.I.P. Perrie

RockyRoad
07-02-2003, 08:44 AM
Thank you for the kind words everyone. :)
Thanks for the pics, PCB, they are so pretty.

cocker_luva
07-03-2003, 08:58 AM
maybe he ate something that wasn't good for him or something? do you have any poisonous plants anywhere? or some chemicals on some plants? :confused: :(