PDA

View Full Version : Where could I find help?

dragonchilde
06-27-2003, 04:19 PM
Does anyone know of a rescue organization in GA that might be able to help me?

My husband and I have four cats and a dog. Normally, this isn't a problem.

However, due to the loss of my job and some unexpected bills, we don't have the money for food. I've just used the last of their food, for all of them, and my husband doesn't get paid until next week! My poor furbabies will have to go hungry unless I can find something. I think I can scrounge up enough loose change around the house to by a small bag of cheap cat food, but my poor dog isn't going to have anything to eat. He just had his last meal, a rather scant one at that. Normally we buy big 20 lb bags of pet food for them, and that will last us a month or so for the dog, three or four weeks for the cats. Well, by the time we realized this batch wasn't going to make it to the next paycheck, it was too late.

Anyway, anyone who has any information about a rescue organization that I can check with that might be able to get my animals through the week would have me in great debt.

wolfsoul
06-27-2003, 04:27 PM
My local Spca donates things if people pay them back...

binka_nugget
06-27-2003, 04:48 PM
Try asking the spca...even if they don't help you directly, they may be able to link you to someone...or even ask your vet...he/she may be able to contact someone to help you. Until you find help...I think feeding home made meals would be fine until you get help. I know of some dogs that do fine on this diet..and seeing how this would only be temporary...it should work fine.

dragonchilde
06-27-2003, 06:08 PM
Thanks so much for your help. I emailed a local rescue group, and they said they had plenty of extra food to give me. They're giving me a 40 lb bag of dog food that'll feed Freckles for two months, and a bunch of cat food as well. So my furbabies will eat!

Uabassoon
06-27-2003, 06:11 PM
I'm happy to hear that a local rescue will be helping you :) And good luck with your finacial problems. Give you kitties and doggie some head bumpies for me.