PDA

View Full Version : UGh!

iceyshiver21
06-27-2003, 01:00 PM
We have a pool thing that doesnt have the liners in that we set outside so they can play and chase bugs and well last night while i was getting them all in so they could eat and go to bed. But I only counted 13 and there wasnt anyone left in the pool. So I was looking at faces to see which one I was missing.
(Ok, you know how hard kittens have to bite to eat there kitten chow...yah, picture that in your head for a second. Keep that in your mind)
Well as I was picking them up one by one, I went to pick up gemini, when I pick up cats I put my hand under there rib cage and put my pointer finger in between there front legs, until I can scoop them up with my other hand, so as I went to pick her up my finger knocked the little peice of cat food out of her mouth and stayed there. CHOMP! I started to say some naughy words like this-##$#$^#$^%&%^&%^&%^&#@@%* and finley got my finger back...it bled and it bled and now Im here. Anybody know how to properly sanitize a cat bite because its still sore today. She's had her begining shots and wormings, shes only 9 weeks old.

Better yet after all this effort I find out that I all ready had the 14th kitten she was under the table. :rolleyes: just my luck

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-27-2003, 01:34 PM
Ouch!!! Kittens have such sharp pointy teeth too.

Maybe some alcohol or some hydrogen peroxide would work. I personally would use both.

It will be sore for a day or two, but as long as it doesn't get all infected it should be fine. If after a day or two it still looks red and nasty, you might want to check with your doctor.

Oh and some Neosporin type ointment on it too - with a bandaid. :)

catlover4ever
06-27-2003, 01:53 PM
Tubby and Peanuts mom is correct.

I recommend (as having been bitten in hte palm of the hand....4 fang scars to prove it) 3 times daily pour hydrogen perioxide over the wound, use any type of antibiotic ointment 3 times daily and keep the wound clean and wrapped so a few days.

If you do get an infection get to the hospital/doctors ASAP....

Denyce
06-27-2003, 03:29 PM
Cat bites can be extremely dangerous. My cousin who is a vet tech almost lost the use of her hand due to a cat bite. Keep it very very clean. Really watch for infection and go to the hospital if any signs show or if you start to feel heat in your hand.

Denyce

iceyshiver21
06-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Denyce
Cat bites can be extremely dangerous.
Denyce
Thats what I heard, because I have been scratched many times trying to save cats from dogs and other things. But never really bite by a cat lucky its mine and I know that it has current health checks.

Thanks all!! Ill use some alcohol and hydrogen peroxide.

Thanks, again.

kittens
06-27-2003, 04:28 PM
wow I did not realize you had 14 cats!

my vet told me for cat bites to wash it good with warm water and soap then put hydrogen peroxide on it. if its real bad then maybe you should also bandage it?

iceyshiver21
06-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by kittens
wow I did not realize you had 14 cats!

Normally I don't I really only have 5, but come summer stray mommys have kittens and since those stray mommys dont have good homes to keep them safe..they lose their poor lives to do or cars. :( And me and My neighbor raise them togather and get them shots and homes.

carole
06-28-2003, 02:49 AM
Personally i would not hesitate to go straight to the doctors, i have suffered a very severe cat bite which resulted in 4 punture wounds, the doctor said i was very wise not to leave it and come straight away, he gave me a tetanus shot and one week antibiotics, they indeed can be very dangerous, my hand was very swollen and painful for over a week, it looked like it was full of poison. I suppose it does depend on the severity of the bite.

NoahsMommy
06-28-2003, 03:00 AM
When was your last tetnus shot? You may need one....infections like that are NOT good. :(

A close friend was biten by her cat when it fell off a cabinent and got caught in the drawer. She was trying to get him out and he chomped on her too. :( She had to go to the ER because he hit a vein! :eek: She said the first thing they did was give her a tetnus shot (after they stopped the bleeding, I assume).

kittens
06-28-2003, 05:37 AM
yep my mother had to have antibiotics after Charlie scratched her! he was just a little thing then shortly after we had brought him home and he needed a bath, well he did not like that idea, and she got a bad scratch!I think tetenus shots are needed every 10 years or so, unless it has changed?

iceyshiver21
06-28-2003, 06:38 AM
Did someone say S H O T ? ?
:eek:

Com'on why that?? Out of anything why a shot? :eek: :( Im very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very afraid of shots!! :(

Ill ask my mommy...when the last time I had a tetanus shot was...:(

kittens
06-28-2003, 11:00 AM
yes but I bet it would be better than getting tetenus!
actually it has been 13 years since my last shot, so it's time again.

does anyone actually know what tetenus IS? what would happen?

carole
06-28-2003, 10:10 PM
Tetanus is very serious, and believe me you dont want to get it, they used to call it LOCKJAW so maybe that explains it all, the shot is no big deal, i hate them too, but i had to have one and it was nothing, really, my arm did ache a little for a day or so afterwards, but thats a normal reaction that not everyone gets, i had it done in the opposite arm to the bite, which was a mistake i think because both arms then ached. boo hoo.
Yes every ten yrs is recommended now, used to be 20, but they have changed it, anyhow dont worry its a little prick and thats it, compared to LOCKJAW its a small price to pay cheers.:)

carole
06-28-2003, 10:19 PM
tetanus is a serious infectious disease of the nervous system,.in which a bacterial toxin causes severe muscle spasm, The bacterial infection occurrs when wounds become contaminated with a bacillus,which is found everywhere but especially likely to be found in street dirt.
Sixty per cent of cases are FATAL.

IttyBittyKitty
06-30-2003, 06:30 AM
Yes, I'd agree with you on the whole needle thing .. I hate being jabbed more than most people ... but tetanus is really NASTY and I'd rather be jabbed by a needle any time than get tetanus.