PDA

View Full Version : Hayley is still limping.

HayleyRosie
06-26-2003, 11:56 AM
Hayley is still not using her front right paw. This saturday it will be 2 weeks. I am going to call the vet again today and see what she has to say. I'm getting worried that there may be something the vet missed.

AmberLee
06-26-2003, 12:42 PM
Yow, that does seem like a long time. I hadn't realized...

HayleyRosie
06-26-2003, 01:06 PM
I called the vet. The receptionist took a message and said Dr. Speer will call me back later today. I really hope she gets better soon. I hate seeing her like this.

slick
06-26-2003, 03:31 PM
Hayley why are you limping? I do hope it's nothing serious. Please get well soon.

krazyaboutkatz
06-27-2003, 12:06 AM
I sure hope it's nothing serious either. Prayers and positive thoughts are on the way for both of you. Please keep us updated.

HayleyRosie
06-27-2003, 12:45 PM
I missed the vet's call yeasterday and I am still waiting for her call today. I'm thinking she is going to want me to bring Hayley in again. I wish she was better. I'm getting really worried now.

Dr. Speer just called me and she wants to see Hayley again next week. Hopefully she will be better by the time her appointment rolls around. Its not until friday July 4th, a week away!

Barbara
06-28-2003, 03:56 PM
I am sorry to hear that. It's so difficult to tell how much it hurts. Poor Hayley baby:)

HayleyRosie
06-30-2003, 06:05 AM
Hayley seems to be walking on her paw a lot better now. She still holds it up when she is sitting and you can still notice a little limp. Hopefully it will be back to normal really soon.

L. Wayne
06-30-2003, 06:26 AM
Did you look at her paw? Perhaps she got a sliver or something like that in it. I hope that it is not an internal injury.

HayleyRosie
06-30-2003, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by L. Wayne
Did you look at her paw? Perhaps she got a sliver or something like that in it. I hope that it is not an internal injury.

Hayley had been at the vet twice since it happened. Her and Mandy were playing in the family room downstairs and tipped over a decorator table with a small lamp on it. We are not sure if the lamp or the table hit her paw. She had x-rays and nothing is broken. She was also examined and there is nothing stuck in her paw. The vet said she thinks it is just some muscle damage. Hayley was on medication for over a week to help with the pain and swelling. There is no swelling now. I posted about this and the emergency vet visit on the monday after it happened.

RedHedd
06-30-2003, 02:12 PM
Aw. Kitty kisses on that little paw that it feels better very soon.

slick
06-30-2003, 04:30 PM
Just thought I would "pause" here for a moment. :D
Hayley I'm sorry you have a sore footsie. I sure hope it get's better soon!

ScantyNebula
06-30-2003, 06:14 PM
Haley, stop running around playing with Mandy so you can give your paw a chance to heal! hehe :) I hope it heals soon ..

tatsxxx11
06-30-2003, 06:30 PM
Poor Haley!!:) Hope your sweet little paw is feeling better! Take it easy now and paw lightly!! We don't want that swelling to return! Sending you wittle bitty healing paw kisses, precious Hayley!:)

krazyaboutkatz
06-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Hayley, please try to take it easy. I sure hope your paw heals soon.

HayleyRosie
07-02-2003, 05:51 AM
Hayley is still holding her paw up. Is it possible this has become a habit? Is it possible she is afraid to put it down because she thinks it may hurt? It just seems like a long time for her paw to be sore.

Johanna, I told Hayley what you said. I hope she listens because maybe that is why its taking so long to heal.

Vio&Juni
07-18-2003, 06:05 AM
If you want to check if this is a habit, maybe you should try playing some of her favorite game with her, something that she plays with passion. Maybe in the excitement of the game she'll start using her little pawsie and she'll forget that it was sore once. Just a thought.
I would press her paw first with my fingers to check her reaction - if it hurts or not.

catland
07-22-2003, 06:57 PM
any updates? How is Haley now?

HayleyRosie
07-23-2003, 08:21 AM
Hayley is doing fine now. It took almost three weeks and a lot of money at the vet's but she is now number one again. I think at the end it may have been that she was afraid it would hurt so she tried not to walk on it. The vet said she had a bad bruise. I also think that was what it was now. At first I thought it had to be broken. Hayley has become a lot more vocal lately. I think we had given her so much attention when she had her paw hurt that she still wants the same now. Of course she gets all the attention she asks for.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-23-2003, 10:37 AM
I'm glad to hear Hayley is all better now. :D

I think she was just milking it. ;) :D This is based on how now she has to ask for attention whereas when her foot was hurting you gave her all sorts of attention without her having to ask. (just kidding of course) I'm just glad it's all better and not broke or something more serious. :D

HayleyRosie
07-23-2003, 10:58 AM
Hayley was a little mad when we first bought Mandy home. She would play with Mandy a lot but didn't like to spend as much time cuddled with us. When she had her paw hurt she spent a lot of time in my lap rather than on top of the cabinets and other high places she like to jump on. Now that her paw is better she is still spending time on my lap and I think she realizes that she is loved just as much as befor Mandy came into our lives. I think that she has forgiven us for bring her little sister home and is now acting like she did when we first got her. It's not that she ever had to ask for attention its just she didn't like us giving Mandy attention. She acted like it was taken from her. She was jealous and kept pushing Mandy away for a while then she just gave up and stayed away from us unless we had treats or something. I am so happy to finally have my Hayley back.

ScantyNebula
07-23-2003, 12:07 PM
awww ... thats great :) Reminds me of what I went through with Toby .. I am noticing lately that he is back to his old self, in terms of being cuddly with us. Although, him and Lily aren't cuddly together. They mostly do their own thing, then occasionally wrestle. Sometimes they sleep on the same chair together.

Its great that Hayley has come around :) Now ... PICTURES! :D:D