PDA

View Full Version : New geckos are taming down

ILoveReptiles
06-26-2003, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone,

I wanted to update you all on the status of my new leopard geckos, Otomodachi & Takara.

They're both little sweeties, and they're calming right down with semi-daily handling. Why, just this morning I picked them up and they weren't nearly as flighty as they were when they first arrived. The temperature in their enclosures is about 92 degrees, and the humidity is around 50% which is decent, as they are desert dwellers.

I've used some of that bed-a-beast stuff in a container and I keep it moist for a place for them to shed, and they're eating well - I use the canned mini-crickets that I got from bigappleherp.com.. :) Soon I'll be able to graduate them on to the larger crickets.. :)

Caicos is her usual crotchety self, and I'm too wary of her sharp teeth to hand feed her small items anymore - I use a long wooden skewer for grapes and such... taking extreme care to make sure the point is INSIDE the fruit treat so it does not damage her mouth when she takes the fruit off of the stick.

My snakes are all doing very well, Prism is enjoying his enclosure, and the misting system is a godsend. It keeps the humidity in that cage around 80-85% easily, which is OPTIMAL for him. And the temperature gradient ranges from 96 in the basking spot to 80 in the coolest area - dropping to 75 only at night.

:)

All's well in the land of herps. :)

CathyBogart
06-26-2003, 11:21 PM
I'm glad to hear all's going well! I'm impressed that your geckos actually eat those canned crickets, I've never successfully gotten anything to eat them! It's good to hear that gorgeous Prizm is doing so well too, I want more pictures! ^_^ There's a customer at my workplace who brings his RBB girl in every few weeks, and I never fail to be amazed at her luster.

Sorry to hear that Caicos is still a grouch! ^_^