PDA

View Full Version : Tex

aly
10-23-2001, 11:40 PM
I took a Lhasa mix, Tex, to the groomer today. He was in sad shape. He stunk and was greasy with a million mats in his fur. Poor boy. Here is his before pic (it looks a lot better than he did in real life):

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/021/Ln/Zp/Tw/cj75590.jpg

Here's his after pic with a BIG thanks to A Waggin Inn Pet Center:

http://wsphotofews.excite.com/009/gv/8x/zq/c112031.jpg

Can you guys believe what a good job they did??? Tex ended up at the shelter because his guardian went to a nursing home :( He will be going to a rescue group on Friday to find his forever home. Good luck Tex!

kobieeli
10-23-2001, 11:51 PM
OMG, what a little dear face on that boy!! Makes me want to give the 'puter screen a bunch of woogie-coos! I'm wishing Tex lots of luck at the rescue, too. :)

Logan
10-24-2001, 07:27 AM
Aly! He is adorable!! :D :D You were so sweet to get him spiffed up so he can find a new home. :)

Dixieland Dancer
10-24-2001, 07:29 AM
What a transformation! He is absolutely beautiful! Aly you are such an angel to care for the down and out dogs of the world. I wish I could be more like you!

jackiesdaisy1935
10-24-2001, 10:04 AM
What an adorable little guy, I'm sure someone will really take him to heart and give him a forever home. How could you resist.
Jackie

mugsy
10-24-2001, 11:31 AM
WOW! What a difference! I'm not a little dog person, but what a sweet little face he has. I'm sure it won't take long for him to find his forever home.

Sudilar
10-24-2001, 05:28 PM
What a face!! Who wouldn't love that little guy? He is simply adorable!

yorkster
10-24-2001, 05:39 PM
Oohh....I want him! What a face!

Daisy's Mom
10-24-2001, 06:40 PM
Aw he is so cute! With that spifyf new 'do, he'll get scooped up soon!

Pam
10-24-2001, 07:00 PM
That's the sweetest little make-over I ever did see! Even better than the ones that they do on Rosie! :D I bet he will be adopted right away. Who could resist? Aly, I was just laughing to myself because we keep seeing photos of the inside of your car, and every day there is a different fur kid in there!! The work you do for these little ones with no homes is just wonderful!

Golden Smiles
10-24-2001, 08:06 PM
He is just darling!!! :D What a transformation!! You are a sweetheart!!

Rottie
10-24-2001, 10:20 PM
Wow! He looks great! :D What a cutie pie. :)

10-24-2001, 10:35 PM
OMG ALY!!!! I love the before and after pics! He looks sooooo adorable! I WANT HIM!!!!!!!!!!!! The transformation is amazing. He will get snatched up right away :)

This just gave me a thought - we always see talk shows with human makeovers - wouldn't it be cool to have one with dog makeovers? Bring in the scruffy shelter dogs, or the poor dogs that have had a rough life and then groom them and show their before and after pics. I WOULD WATCH THAT ONE! Does AP have any shows like that? I don't watch it much and I should!

aly
10-25-2001, 01:05 AM
Pam - hehe I noticed that I keep posting car shots too :) I might be posting another one on Saturday. I'll be going to another outreach and taking a doggy but I'm not sure which one. One thing's for sure, I can't take Bailey because I gave him seperation anxiety :( :( :( I had to ignore him all weekend.

I'm glad you guys liked the pics. I thought the transformation was amazing. Hopefully I will be posting more and more makeovers. I think it will really help the dogs get adopted.

AdoreMyDogs
10-25-2001, 08:08 AM
What a cutie! That's a great haircut, he has such cute hair on his head, looks almost human like. What a sad reality that he had a loving forever home and he had to end up at the shelter because of circumstances. He must have been devistated :*( That is a good lesson to people to make sure we have an alternative home for pets in case something happens to us. I know I am way too young to even think about nursing homes, but if something were to happen to me, my mother would take my dog, and vice versa. It's good to have an alternative place for your pets in a case of emergency.

sammi
10-25-2001, 10:05 AM
What a sweetheart! That sounds like a good idea a doggy make-over on T.V. !! :D

RachelJ
10-25-2001, 10:51 AM
Oh, Aly, thanks for sharing these pictures. I am kind of glad that you live so far away from me, because if you were anywhere within driving distance, I think we would have more dogs than we do now.