PDA

View Full Version : 1st Novice Agility leg!

ShepherdLover
09-16-2001, 03:40 PM
Sorry that I've been posting so much about my agility experience's, but I love it! (Just FYI) to get a NA (Novice Agility) title, you have to have 3 qualifing scores aka legs. This is must first "leg."

We did Novice Jumpers and Novice Standard at the Fox Valley Dog Training Club in Plano, IL yesterday (15th). We Q'ed in Standard, but not in Jumpers.

For Jumpers, she had two refusals and then decided that the tunnel was a nice obstacle, even though it was not next in line. Oh well! At least I got to pass the finish line!

For Standard she had 1 refusal, but besides that, it was a clean run! She got 2nd place also, just to sum it up! I'm so excited! That's my 1st standard leg, but I don't have any jumper legs.

Well it was a good day! I'm showing in 2 weeks again, so wish me luck!

TheAntiPam
09-16-2001, 06:17 PM
Congratulations to you both on your success! I sure hope you have just as much fun and good results in your next event. Give lots of hugs to your budding athlete doggie! :)

Daisy's Mom
09-16-2001, 06:29 PM
Congratulations! I love hearing about your agility. Never hesitate to share with us!

Dixieland Dancer
09-17-2001, 08:37 AM
Congratulations on your first leg! I show my Dixie in shows also and understand the joy you feel in getting a qualifying score and taking a second place just adds to the excitement.

I am currently working on a Utility title with Dixie in obedience but we are still in training and not quite ready to show. Dusty (4 months) is getting ready to test for CGC (Canine Good Citizen) and starts showing in Comformation in November when he turns 6 months old. He is also getting ready to do Novice obedience.

Rottie
09-18-2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer:
<STRONG>Congratulations on your first leg! I show my Dixie in shows also and understand the joy you feel in getting a qualifying score and taking a second place just adds to the excitement.

I am currently working on a Utility title with Dixie in obedience but we are still in training and not quite ready to show. Dusty (4 months) is getting ready to test for CGC (Canine Good Citizen) and starts showing in Comformation in November when he turns 6 months old. He is also getting ready to do Novice obedience.</STRONG>

Neat! I didn't know there was anyone else on the board that was into obedience! My Rott, Carl, has 2 legs on his CDX, our next show is in October.

We started Utility work in the middle of August, Carl's favorite is the gloves!! :) I think we'll be ready to show in Utility in about a year. :)

Dixieland Dancer
09-18-2001, 02:26 PM
We should be ready for Utility in the spring. She finished her CDX last December and had a 6 month break to have a litter of puppies! We kept Dusty from the litter. We have also done agility and hunting work. Dixie's full title is Glenbrook's Dixieland Dancer CDX NA JH CGC WC

The letters stand for Companion Dog Excellent, Novice Agility, Junior Hunter, Canine Good Citizen, and Working Certificate. The WC is not recognized by the AKC. It is a Golden Retriever title which is equivelent to Junior Hunter but you only have to pass once instead of 4 times. You have to have 4 legs for a hunt title instead of the 3 legs you need in obedience.

I actually teach obedience but am not certified by the AKC. I am working on that and hope to be certified as a judge also someday! I have been active in obedience for over 25 years. My goal with Dixie is to have an OTCH on her (Obedience Trial Champion). We have a long way to go but she is only 3 1/2 so we might be able to do it!

ShepherdLover
09-18-2001, 03:39 PM
Thanks for all of the congrats everyone!

That's cool that you do competitive obedience, Dixieland Dancer! Right now, Iris has her CGC and CD, but I'm training for Open and I'm showing her in Open (AKC) in November.

I hope that you get an OTCH! I'd like to also. I think that Iris might be able to get an OTCH, but not a MACH. She has problems with her hips and can really only use 3 of her legs, so I don't know if she'll be able to do the A-Frame in a couple of years because she's 4 1/2 now! ;)

Dixieland Dancer
09-19-2001, 07:29 AM
You want to keep an eye on her in open too if she is having potential hip problems. Jumping over the high jump can be stressful to the hips too. You should be able to do it but keep an eye open and stop if you notice problems. No title is worth the health of our loved furbabies!

I stopped showing my first Golden in Utility when she sprained her front paw and she was working on Champion points. She just loved to work and please me.

Have fun and our best wishes!

Logan
09-19-2001, 07:59 AM
Becky, congratulations, again! You and Iris are working so hard! I'd love to see you and Sarah in action with Iris and Carl. :D