PDA

View Full Version : :) Guess what?

iceyshiver21
06-25-2003, 05:54 PM
You all remeber my little baby Techihilia, who died of parvo. Well right after she died she offered to give us another dog but we couldnt handle going through having another puppy at the time, too much emotional stress. Well we went to her house because I will be caring for their dogs while they are gone. While about three weeks ago she walked out to check on the mother who was planing to have pups. She walks into her kennel run and realizes the mother had had them, but her eye popped out of her head when she was that they where black. A. Eskies aren't black, they're white. But she keeps all her Eskies in covered pens there is almost NO possible way for them to intermingle with other dogs and this confused me to because I know that she always keeps them seperate.
**Well we went out there today and saw the dogs, and so I could make sure no mothers where expecting while I was to be in watch of them. I saw the little black Eskies and fell in love!! :D They are the sweetest little things and best yet WE MIGHT GET ONE!!!!!!! I love this little one with a white tip on his tail. My mom has always been looking for a little dog because all our other dogs are big. So now we are going to show my daddy and see what happens...whatch out pettalk...

CathyBogart
06-25-2003, 06:16 PM
How beautiful! I MUST see pictures!

ChloeLove
06-25-2003, 06:20 PM
Yay! That's great.

Foam
06-25-2003, 07:00 PM
Pictures! Pictures! Pictures!!!
Congrats! :D

tikeyas_mom
06-25-2003, 07:55 PM
it sounds like this person breeding all these dogs might be a puppy mill. it sounds fishy to me *skeptical*

Fuzzy317
06-25-2003, 08:27 PM
How long ago did Techihilia pass?

because the parvo virus remains active in a house and on objects for several months after the infected dog has left

Be sure any future dogs are vaccinate against the virus before they come home.

kingrattus
06-25-2003, 08:30 PM
I don't think its a puppy mill. Puppy mills r normally dirty & not properly vared for. There r real dog breeders out there. & I know she would never go to a puppy mill.

iceyshiver21
06-25-2003, 10:06 PM
I know its not a puppy mill this is the only batch they've ever had mixed. Its bound to happen even to the best breeders. Plus I think I would know if its a puppy mill....I work there ;)

iceyshiver21
06-25-2003, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
How long ago did Techihilia pass?

because the parvo virus remains active in a house and on objects for several months after the infected dog has left

Be sure any future dogs are vaccinate against the virus before they come home.
Thanks..Its been almost 3 full months, I took advice from a pettalker and cleaned everything in the kitchen, the only place he was allowed till he was potty trained. Does anybody know a closer estimite until parvo virus dies?

Airedalekisses
06-25-2003, 10:22 PM
isn't there an odd genetic thing that happens sometimes-think it's called progeny-where the puppies look like an ancestor or something-I know it's supposed to be an old wives tale;but since I'm not an old wife I don't know! Still all puppies are adorable who cares what colour or mix they are-hope she doesn't try to register them, do they have DNA tests for doggies? I remember some breeders did the old double litter-saying the mother, because she was a show dog, had more puppies than she did so they could make more money-the puppies were actually from another doggy!! Arg it just angers me!!:mad:

Fuzzy317
06-25-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by iceyshiver21
Does anybody know a closer estimite until parvo virus dies?

Taken from The Merck Veterinary Manual (http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/index.jsp)

The origin of the canine parvovirus has not been established. The virus is very stable in the environment, able to withstand wide pH ranges and high temperatures. It is resistant to a number of common disinfectants and may survive for several months in contaminated areas. Rottweilers, American Pit Bull Terriers, Doberman Pinschers, and German Shepherd Dogs are at increased risk of disease. Toy Poodles and Cocker Spaniels appear at decreased risk for developing the enteric disease. Mortality associated with canine parvovirus infection is reported to be 16-35%.