PDA

View Full Version : Updates on my furbabies

dragonchilde
06-25-2003, 12:05 AM
My menagerie has grown, much to my consternation. Training Tinkerbell has proven to be a task too much for little old me. Nearly fifteen years of habit are hard to break. So, he comes and goes as he pleases. He gets pampered and spoiled, and gets as much love and soft food as his poor toothless jaw desires.

Mom moved away, and couldn't take her two kitties, crazy Ozzie and my sweet old Tink. So they're all mine now. they and their grocery bill. *grimace*

Minette had to be put outside. She was peeing all over the place, and nothing we would do would stop her. She especially liked our coffee table. We cleaned with enzyme removers, we moved her to the litter box when we caught her, we tried everything. She doesn't have a UTI. I think her problem is that she is honestly just too stupid to understand that she just can't go where she pleases. She's never covered her messes in the litterbox anyway. So, out she went. She comes in when she wants to, just just can't spend the night inside or unattended.

Wobbles is still an indoor only-kitty, and will always be. She just doesn't know what to do out there, and when we take her out, she just cries and wants back in. I'd prefer it that way, truth be told. She's still as unfriendly as ever, but a cat that pretty doesn't have to be nice. :)

Ozzie is...well...crazy. He has a terrible mouth infection we can't cure, and it makes him drool. Most cats probably wouldn't eat, but hey, most cats aren't Ozzie. That cat would eat if his jaw fell off. I've tried antibiotics, but we can't dose him...he gets too wild. Now, we can't afford to take him to the vet, so he just has to deal with it. He doesn't seem to be getting worse, so we have to leave him as is. He's more than a little feral. He wasn't always. I think his problem is that he's too smart. And not smart enough at the same time. He knows enough to know that things can hurt him, but not enough to know he doesn't have to worry about it. Proof of his intelligence? He can open doors (ones with handles, not knobs. He can't get traction with knobs) and eats his food with his hands.

Freckles LOVES his new yard. He has a whole half acre to run around in, with a chain link fence he can see through to people and dogs. He has a great new confidence. He's not as skittish as he used to be, although he's always going to be a very submissive dog. I've never seen an animal more responsive to positive reinforcement. Two or three times rewarding him when he's done something right, and he's got it. When we first moved to my mom's, he would rush the gate every time we opened and closed it. Now, he waits patiently for us to open the gate, pull the car in, and park. Then he waits for us. Never tries to get out at all! Its also a good thing that he respects the car now. Before, he would rush in front of or behind it and lay down where I couldn't see him. I was so afraid of running over him. Anyway, he's a good boy, and I reward him everytime he sits and waits patiently out of the way (and in sight) when we move the car.

Well, that's what's been happening to me and my furbabies in the last couple months!

*waves to ramanth* Hey Kimmy!

ramanth
06-25-2003, 02:03 PM
HEY Heather! :D Great to hear from you!

Pics! I demand pics! :D

Glad to hear all is well with you and the fur family. Give them all a hug for me.

Will I see you in August?

dragonchilde
06-25-2003, 02:47 PM
Right now, I really, really don't know. If my situation doesn't change, no. But, if I can manage to get a job (ANY job) I should be able to wrangle at least Saturday and Sunday, if not the whole weekend.

My costume need to be drycleaned. *grimace* I just hope its not too hot, although the way things are feeling, its gonna be a scorcher. I wanna wear my cloak.

:-D

Heather Wallace
06-26-2003, 03:51 AM
Great to hear about all of your pets