PDA

View Full Version : Gift for Toby and Lily

ScantyNebula
06-24-2003, 08:11 PM
Here's what I bought for my little cutie pies:

http://www.nebulaart.com/purrsonal/images/074.jpg

http://www.nebulaart.com/purrsonal/images/075.jpg

http://www.nebulaart.com/purrsonal/images/076.jpg

A CAT SPA!! :D :D I was a little worried at first .. but I think Toby likes it! Of course the catnip helps, I also have a video of him using it .. I will do that later :) I really hope Lily will like it!!

captain
06-24-2003, 08:20 PM
OMG - how funny does that look. How does it work?

I am sure Lily will love it (it is obvious Toby does already!!! :rolleyes: )

aly
06-24-2003, 08:20 PM
AWW!! I'm sure she will like it! She loves to poke her nose into everything!

I'm glad Toby likes it and is breaking it in :D

ScantyNebula
06-24-2003, 08:23 PM
Its so cute to watch them use it .. hmm i should just do the video now so you guys can watch. Its basically a series of comblike bristles for the three things on the side .. the top part has a chewy knob, and a hole where the cat can't reach the catnip .. so he chews the knob like crazy, while along the sides of the top there are ridges to rub their face and chin .. hehe its very cute

aly
06-24-2003, 08:28 PM
We have like 30 of those at the shelter. I knew they were for cats but since we never used them, it took me the longest time figure out exactly what they were for! :o I think I ended up sending Naomi a pic and asking her what the heck it was :)

ScantyNebula
06-24-2003, 08:38 PM
Videos!! :D

clip one (http://www.nebulaart.com/toby/toby_spa.wmv)

clip two (http://www.nebulaart.com/toby/toby_spa2.wmv)

aly
06-24-2003, 08:46 PM
So cute! Hehe, he managed to get the lid off ? :)

ScantyNebula
06-24-2003, 08:55 PM
Yea it wasn't snapped on properly! ;)

Vio&Juni
06-25-2003, 05:56 AM
Oh, he really likes it.

kath00
06-25-2003, 06:10 AM
Toby seems to love it ! I MUST buy a Cat Spa for my Ragdoll !

IttyBittyKitty
06-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Pixel would just loooove one of those! I'm glad she's not in the room and thus can't be tempted! :)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-25-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm glad someone posted about this!

I ordered one off the internet, but the little bag of catnip was missing, and Ally hasn't touched it!

I am going to put it away until the catnip arrived (I have ordered some off the internet), and then try again.

Glad your furkids are enjoying theirs!!!:D

emily_the_spoiled
06-25-2003, 07:29 AM
I have a cat spa for Emily and Tanner, but only Emily seems to enjoy using it (maybe it is a female thing ;) ). But Emily just LOVES to scratch on the flat part, I figure it must feel good on her paws...

catlover4ever
06-25-2003, 07:56 AM
My babies have that! They love it. Sometimes they fight each other over it. I'm sure that both Toby and Lily will enjoy it.

Congratulations on becoming a new CatMa. I'm sure Lily will be a wonderful addition to your family.

Barbara
06-25-2003, 08:08 AM
I have never spotted something like this around here but Toby for sure loves it. Oh Lily, your live will be a luxurious one :D :D :D

Lorraine
06-25-2003, 08:19 AM
I have seen these before at the pet store, and often wondered if my cats would like it, because it looked kinda odd, but Toby looks like he is having a GREAT time with it!
Maybe I'll get one for my boys! Kitties are sooo much fun to spoil!!:D

HayleyRosie
06-25-2003, 08:45 AM
My parents bought one of those home from Ontario for their grandfurkids the last time they visited my sister. Hayley and Mandy only play with it if it has fresh catnip in it.

ramanth
06-25-2003, 09:37 AM
My parents cats love the Cat Spa. :D I got them one (before I had Zam and Logan), and they go crazy rubbing against it.

Chance pulls off the 'gum stimulator' at times too. :D

koxka
06-25-2003, 03:39 PM
I saw it once and wonder if they would like it, But is difficult to find catnip here.

I got a catnip spray once and they didn't care at all , instead they like the moussies with catnip inside , just noticed there was catnip inside after buying it, even the shop didn't know what was catnip inside the toy, when I spoke to them later about that !!!:) . I think they are imported from England.

Ally's Mom you could try Valeriana, the kitties go nuts about that. :D.
Anyhow they became a little bit agressive towards each other, ussually they are a "happy herd", so I stopped giving them "The devil herb" :rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-25-2003, 05:55 PM
He sure looks happy with his new toy! :) What a cutie!

Today is "Lily Day", right? Can't wait to hear/read all about it. And..of course...how she likes the new kitty spa.

:D

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-26-2003, 01:11 AM
SO CUTE!!

I THINK I AM NOW OFFICIALLY A TOBY ADDICT!!!!!!

*faints*

Those vidoes are so precious ... Toby is such a BEEYUTIFUL kitty!!:D

Vio&Juni
06-26-2003, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by koxka
I saw it once and wonder if they would like it, But is difficult to find catnip here.

I got a catnip spray once and they didn't care at all , instead they like the moussies with catnip inside , just noticed there was catnip inside after buying it, even the shop didn't know what was catnip inside the toy, when I spoke to them later about that !!!:) . I think they are imported from England.

Ally's Mom you could try Valeriana, the kitties go nuts about that. :D.
Anyhow they became a little bit agressive towards each other, ussually they are a "happy herd", so I stopped giving them "The devil herb" :rolleyes:

Yep, our European cats are addicted to Valeriana :) You cannot find Catnip in Moldova too. I got some seeds from a PT friend from US - still growing it. Juni likes to lick the Valeriana pills or drops, but I love when she smells the small bottle - hilarious :D, she looks like she's glued to it :D

Barbara
06-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Vio&Juni
Yep, our European cats are addicted to Valeriana :)

Yep, that's like it is:D

Kirsten
06-26-2003, 04:21 PM
I've never seen something like that here in Germany but there's no doubt that Toby is enjoying it! :)

When will Lily arrive? Too funny that we're both going to have a Lily soon! :)

Kirsten

koxka
06-26-2003, 05:17 PM
What is funny about Valeriana is that has the opposite effect on cats than on us , the furless.
Valeriana is supossed to be a sedative herb, instead excite the kitties !!!:cool: