PDA

View Full Version : JULY 13th PT meeting!

Pages : [1] 2

shais_mom
06-24-2003, 01:50 AM
Not to shadow the meeting happening this Sunday in MI, b/c Kia's birthday is IMPORTANT! But I know that Amy (wolf_q) wants to get her travel plans finalized so do we have a count yet?
Food etc we can do later....

So far.....
It will be at least me and Keegan..

Kfamr
06-24-2003, 02:19 AM
Hopefully my signs will work....

wolf_Q
06-24-2003, 02:23 AM
Yeah, I'd really like to know what all is going on here!

(Hopefully) I will be there with my friend, Melissa, and Nebo...

anna_66
06-24-2003, 07:47 AM
Do you really think you'll be able to come Amy?!

I do have a baby shower to go to that day, but if you're going to be there, I'm sure she'll understand;)

Hey Amy, if you can come do you think Rachel might want to come too?

Cincy'sMom
06-24-2003, 03:54 PM
We'll be there!

Cataholic
06-24-2003, 03:58 PM
I need to put in a tentative yes vote. It depends on Binx's sir jury, and the heat.....

mugsy
06-24-2003, 05:09 PM
2 2 legged Kendalls and 3 4 legged Kendalls (Rinny, Sammy, and Dio this trip)

moosmom
06-25-2003, 09:20 AM
I'll be there with my daughter Amy.

Kfamr
06-25-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by mugsy
2 2 legged Kendalls and 3 4 legged Kendalls (Rinny, Sammy, and Dio this trip)

If i do end up coming will you bring my Serenity? lol :D :D :p

4 Dog Mother
06-25-2003, 10:46 AM
I'll be there with at least Jack, Taggert and Snoopy!

ramanth
06-25-2003, 11:53 AM
Andy, Kia, and I are tentative.... we might be up north camping with my folks, but I can probably do that a different weekend..... I'll know for certain closer to the date. :)

Cinder & Smoke
06-25-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
Andy, Kia, and I are tentative....
we might be up north camping with my folks...

:eek:

Dad sez dat'z "Not a 'ceptabel 'skuce!" :p

BRING yur Folkz - they kan Kamp cross da street
frumma Bark Park inna Kampin Area! ;)

ramanth
06-25-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
:eek:

Dad sez dat'z "Not a 'ceptabel 'skuce!" :p

BRING yur Folkz - they kan Kamp cross da street
frumma Bark Park inna Kampin Area! ;)
:) Well, they've already made reservations at Tawas State Park and will be there for 3 weeks.

Had that not been the case, I'm sure they would love too! :D

joycenalex
06-25-2003, 10:12 PM
... reservations at Tawas State Park and will be there for 3 weeks. Had that not been the case, I'm sure they would love too! :D [/B] tawas state park?!? oh I LOVED CAMPING THERE!!!!, very fun place to be.
alex the wonder dog and i will come, i'm looking forward to meeting every doggie and human. could someone tell me what the cost for the shelter is?

mugsy
06-25-2003, 11:03 PM
Ok, KayAnn, Mike and I talked about it and decided if you were going to be able to be there that the least we could do was bring the dog you request, so, Serenity would get to come twice in a row! lol

ramanth
06-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Great news! My parents aren't leaving for Tawas until the 14th, so that means Kia, Andy, and I are free on the 13th. :D

Kfamr
06-26-2003, 08:41 AM
Ok, KayAnn, Mike and I talked about it and decided if you were going to be able to be there that the least we could do was bring the dog you request, so, Serenity would get to come twice in a row! lol

Yaaayy! hopefully i do get to go.. I REALLY really wanna go now since i know the dog of *my request* would be there!

Oh how I'd love to see Nala romp around with all of the pet talker pups!!! She's probably knock them all over... or the other way around because she's so clumbsy!! Oh i so hope i get to go.. Especially since Kia's going to be there!!! oohh myy. *crossing fingers* My parents always decide things at the last minute...

wolf_Q
06-28-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by anna_66
Do you really think you'll be able to come Amy?!

I do have a baby shower to go to that day, but if you're going to be there, I'm sure she'll understand;)

Hey Amy, if you can come do you think Rachel might want to come too?

Right now I'm pretty positive that I will be there. It's going to be a loooooooooooooong drive!

I've been trying with Rachel, but she won't come. :(

Cincy'sMom
06-28-2003, 10:59 AM
Yeah Amy!!! It will be great to meet you and Nebo!

wolf_Q
06-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Hopefully I won't scare you all......and Nebo won't be a BRAT!

Cincy'sMom
06-28-2003, 12:18 PM
When do you think you would get in? If you wanted to make it more for then just the day, maybe we could plan a few things for Saturday too? I don't know if everyone would want to /be able to drive in two days in a row, or if anyone would be interested in camping or getting a hotel, but maybe some of us that are closer could do dinner or something.

If anyone is intereted, there is a "Great American Mutt Show" in Maumee, Ohio (about 35-40 min North of Findlay) Saturday, July 12 from 10am-1pm. I think we are going to register at least Sadie and any dog, spectator or registered those competeing for "best in Show" can compete in the "fun contests", things like "most unusal markings", "most looks like another animal" etc.

Cincy'sMom
06-28-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by joycenalex
tawas state park?!? oh I LOVED CAMPING THERE!!!!, very fun place to be.
alex the wonder dog and i will come, i'm looking forward to meeting every doggie and human. could someone tell me what the cost for the shelter is?

The shleter we rent is $30 but we split up the cost. It usually works out to about $2-3/family. We also usually bring food to share.

wolf_Q
06-28-2003, 07:24 PM
We'll be getting there late Friday night, so YES, I would love to have something to do on Saturday. We're staying at the Super 8 Motel in Findlay, the rates are pretty reasonable and it's only about $5 per dog. This link http://www.usahotelguide.com/hotel/10003823-10212455O.html?se82046 has more info on it, you can call the toll free number at the top to book a hotel and find out pet restrictions. I'm not sure if I could go out to dinner, as you can't leave pets at the hotel...though I could probably get my mom and aunt to stay with him for an hour or so. That "Great American Mutt Show" sounds interesting!! :)

We'll also be in the CLEVELAND area (staying in Westlake) that Monday and Tuesday...I'll be meeting up with Rachel (Countrywolf07) there. I'll also be staying in Missouri, Iowa, and Colorado....

I would like to bring some homemade cookies but since we'd be leaving Wed they would be gross by Sunday...I'll figure out something to bring though--defintely will be bringing goodies for the pups! :D

aly
06-28-2003, 07:34 PM
I'll be there.... in spirit! :D

My sister is moving to East Lansing in August though. So I'll be up there visiting her sometime at the end of August (with Reece probably). Maybe I can meet some of you then!

Cataholic
06-28-2003, 07:48 PM
Well, Binx goes in for some biopsy type things and neutering on July 1. Phred mentioned whether Binx would be up for it...does anyone have any thoughts? I will ask the vet, too, but, how did everyone else's dog do after nuetering? The biopsy stuff should keep him down a week.....hmmm....things are going to be close, aren't they? We may be in attendance, but, Binx might not be playing with the other doggies...

aly
06-28-2003, 07:55 PM
He'll be just fine from the neutering. The boys bounce back very quickly because the surgery isn't as invasive as a spay.

The problem we have at the shelter is trying to MAKE the boys stay calm for a couple days because they're always back in action very quickly.

wolf_Q
06-28-2003, 07:57 PM
Nebo was wild as can be just when I picked him up from his surgery that day. I almost think the stitches has almost dissolved by 2 weeks.....I think he'd be fine, honestly, he plays pretty calmly anyway, doesn't he?

wolf_Q
06-30-2003, 11:39 PM
*bump*

4 Dog Mother
07-01-2003, 07:21 AM
Snoopy was up and raring to go the same night as his surgery. By the next day, you would have never known he was snipped the day before. But I don't think anything can keep Snoops down! So I think Binks will be fine - I wasn't there as long as everyone else the last time but if I remember correctly, he was not one of the rough and tumble crowd.:) (like Sadie, Spot, Cincy, Snoops, Taggert to name a few)

ramanth
07-01-2003, 10:04 AM
Yay Amy!! :D I'm so excited. :D

Joahana! It just wouldn't be a party without Binx! :)

shais_mom
07-05-2003, 09:15 PM
BUMP

I will probably be bringing Snow tunnel cake and lotsa ice!

Cataholic
07-05-2003, 09:16 PM
We won't be traveling to Findlay next weekend. Binx has really had a rough time with the nuetering. We have been to the vet twice today, Saturday. It seems though Binx is experiencing an unusual amount of swelling, which has led to bleeding and tenderness. Less activity is the order of the day. In fact, the ER vet said today (Sat) to crate him for 6-8 days :eek: :eek:

We are on antibiotics, pain meds, and a slow, low energy regime for awhile. We are very sorry to miss the festivities, very sorry. We will have to reschedulce for August.

:( :( :(

Desert Arabian
07-05-2003, 09:49 PM
Mom & I are going to be there!! Mom is going to pick me up from camp and bring me along. I am so excited! I can't wait to meet everyone & their dogs!

Guess who is coming with us----SAMMY!!!

:D :D :D :D

wolf_Q
07-06-2003, 02:28 AM
I'm so sorry that you and Binx won't be there, Cataholic. I would just love to meet you both....can't beat getting to hug a big teddy bear of a dog like a St. Bernard! :( Hope he starts feeling better soon!!

YAY YLL!! I told your mom last time I talked to her that I'd cry if she didn't go and get you, LOL. Can't wait to see you both and Sammy!

Neeb's been putting on the big BRAT boy act real thick the past few days, I hope he'll be a good boy. :o

I'm not sure if I'll be able to bring food, as anything I'd buy before we left wouldn't be good by then, and I don't know if we'd have time to get anything on the way....but I'll be sure to have lots of dog goodies with me!

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2003, 06:54 AM
I'm sorry you won't be able to make it Jo. Poor Binx!!! You just can't catch a break, can you? Get some rest, and feel better soon, big guy!

Amy, Don't worry about brining anything. With a cross-country drive, brining yourself and Nebo is enough :) Besides, we always have plenty of food!

I haven't given much thought , yet, to what to bring. Maybe a Kaluha Fudge cake?

mugsy
07-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Oh poor Binxy boy. If there is anything we can do let us know. Feel better soon little man.

If I might make a suggestion, if anyone is bringing something mayonaise based, that you bring a bowl of ice to keep it in. I have been so darn busy that I haven't even thought about what to bring. It sounds like we have plenty-o-desserts, I guess I will think of something else. I'll get back to you on that.

anna_66
07-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Johanna, sorry you and Binx won't be there:( I hope he starts to feel better very soon.
Yipee, another newbie coming to the park! Glad you'll be able to come YLL:D
Don't know what I'll be bringing food wise, but I'll think of something:)
Question:
What time are we meeting?

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2003, 11:46 AM
The shelter house is offically reserved for noon-6pm. I'm sure if we get there earlier then noon, or not right at noon, there will be no issues....

Kfamr
07-06-2003, 04:33 PM
I was sleeping... and my mom came in saying " KayANN get up and clean your room" .... Me still half asleep "Huh??? what?" .. Mom- "Your dad and i were talking about going to ohio, but he said "She has to prove herself to me" Soooo.... I'm off to clean my room!:D :D

Keep your fingers crossed!!!:D :D :D

Cincy'sMom
07-06-2003, 07:03 PM
Clean KayAnn, CLEAN!!!

Fingers and paws crossed here!

Kfamr
07-06-2003, 07:39 PM
I'm cleaning I'm cleaning!!

It's amazing what you can find in your room after not cleaning it good for years! All I normally do is just pick up my clothes lol.

binka_nugget
07-06-2003, 07:51 PM
LMAO Kayann! If I was to clean my room, I'm sure I'd find another dresser under that stuff...Lol. Have fun at your pt meeting everyone!

anna_66
07-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Ooooooh, I sure hope you can come!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2003, 09:40 PM
I'm cleaning, I'm cleaning!!

Hey ~

Maybe we should all run over to Binx's Howze -
an help him Clean His Room :rolleyes:

- - so HE can come to Findlay! :p

wolf_Q
07-06-2003, 09:42 PM
KayAnn!!!! I'm crossing my fingers!! Yay!! Clean it WELL!! :D

Crikit
07-06-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I'm cleaning I'm cleaning!!

It's amazing what you can find in your room after not cleaning it good for years! All I normally do is just pick up my clothes lol.

tell me about it, I've spent the day cleaning my room and I'm finding stuff I thought I lost...parents and nagging can get you do to wonderful things no?

wolf_Q
07-06-2003, 09:53 PM
Hey....

Could somebody please post directions/address to the Dog Park? Remember we're total "out-of-towners" here so please make them easy to understand, lol.

Also Cincy'sMom...could you give me directions to that "Great American Mutt Show" on Saturday? I think we may be going...my aunt/mom would go mess around in Toledo and drop us and the dog off there for something to do.

anna_66
07-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Take I-75 North to exit 157 (Route 12)

Turn right. You'll go through a few lights across RR tracks and then a few more lights. At the first major intersection (Main St.), Turn right.

Go through 1 light. At second light, turn left (SR 568, also called Sandusky St) Stay on this all the way through town. It will go back and forth between residential and commerical. You'll pass the fairgrounds, Blanchard Valley Industries and come to a light by Brinkman's Farm market. Keep going sraight, you're getting close At this point there is mostly fields and big new houses. 1-2 miles further out, you will see a Twp. Fire Hal on the right. Shortly after that is TR 241. Turn Right.

At the stop sign Turn left.

Follow the curve around. Dog park entrance is on the right.

It's really easy to get to, Amy gives awesome directions!

Cinder & Smoke
07-06-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
For you Out-of-Townerz trying to find the BarkPark ~

You're looking for the "K-9 Field of Dreams Dog Park"...
Located behind Pavilion # 7,
inside the Hancock (County) Parks "Riverbend Recreation Area"...
Just SOUTH of Ohio route 568...
ON Marion Township Road 208...
about 5 miles South West from downtown Findlay, Ohio.

If you follow the instructions below (from another Thread) -
You can see and/or Print (must use a color printer) a series of Very Detailed area maps that show all the local Township, County, and State roads. You might want to shift (left & right; up & down) slightly to see all the township road Numbers and Names on the zoomed-in maps - but the zoom-in detail is excellent!

And ALL the important intersections *DO* have signs with either the Road Name or Number!! But read the WHOLE sign! As you get close - ALL the signs start with "MARION" followed by the road NUMBER! (Dad wuz thunkin there wuz a Lotta roads named "Marion".) :rolleyes:

If you ask someone for directions - be sure to say "RiverBEND" Park - there are several other little parks in the Hancock Parks District with names starting with "River..."

On most highway road maps, the Findlay Reservoir appears as a rather large, square shaped Lake - south-east of the City of Findlay. Good Landmark! The Dog Park is within a quarter mile of the north-east corner of that Reservoir!

Go to: http://www.mapquest.com

Click on their *Maps* link - you'll get a fill-in-the-blanks form ~

In "Address/Intersection" -
type in "township 207 AND township 208" (without the quotes).

In "City" put Findlay; in "State" put OH;
no Zippy Code required.

MapQuest will pop up a super-zoomed-in little map -
shows a square corner of the reservoir and the two roads Twp 207 & Twp 208... Just about where the "208" block is shown is almost *Zaktly* where the BarkPark iz, just below or south of where Twp 208 hangs a 90 degree turn to the left (west)!!

You can use the "Big Map" clicker to blow things up and cut down on the ads showing... then Zoom Out to get a better idea of "where" you are.

Zoom out slowly - too many jumps and you'll be seeing half of the USA!

Use the MapQuest "Get Directions To This Location" clicker just above the map border to get turn-by-turn directions from any starting location you enter.

wolf_Q
07-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the directions!! Hopefully we won't get lost! :o

slleipnir
07-07-2003, 12:19 AM
I must be the only person who has/never will get to go to one of these :( Depressing. lol

Crikit
07-07-2003, 12:23 AM
No I have a feeling I'll never be able to make it to one either..so don't feel bad.

binka_nugget
07-07-2003, 12:35 AM
don't worry schlepy, I feel like I won't be meeting any pettalkers anytime soon. I may meet Jynelle and Jordan in the summer but it's still a bit unknown now.

wolf_Q
07-07-2003, 12:38 AM
Why not arrange a Canada PT meeting?

slleipnir
07-07-2003, 11:41 AM
I still wouldn't be able to lol. Most ppl live in BC or ontario which is far from me. I'd have no way of going out and my dad wouldn't allow me to go by myself anyway :(

allanimalswelcome
07-07-2003, 01:30 PM
PT meetings...Cool!

Wish I could go but most likely I live far from everyone here.

Cincy'sMom
07-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Amy- Here are the directions to the Mutt Show on Saturday.

It looks like your hotel is just off Trenton Ave. So from your hotel, go West on Trenton (US 224) to I-75 North

Follow I-75 N approx 33 miles to I-475 (Exit #192)

From 475, Take exit 6, Salisbury Rd/Dussel Dr.

Turn Right on to Dussel.

Go straight through 1st light (McDonald's on corner) Turn left at 2nd light onto Ford (BP on corner)

Go to stop sign. Turn right. This is Indian Wood Circle. The Humane Society is about 1/4 -1/2 mile ahead on the right.

binka_nugget
07-07-2003, 04:24 PM
If someone would like to arrange all the details (location and such) I'd go. I'm not sure how many people are in this area of bc though.

Cataholic
07-07-2003, 06:51 PM
Hey you silly Canadians...when two people have posts that say BC...how far apart could you possibly be? I am not being sarcastic..I mean seriously, I just don't know.... Like, Cincy'smom and I are four hours apart, though we both live in Ohio..but, joyceandalex and I are maybe 1.5 hours apart...so, all you weirdo Canadians...how far apart are you guys? Naomi lives in BC, doesn't she? I will help plan your PT get together....

Nomilynn
07-07-2003, 07:06 PM
Anyone within the lower mainland would be NO MORE than about an hour apart, and that is a very generous time slot.

From there, to get up to where Jynelle and Jordan are, it's about 4 hours driving from the lower mainland.

Cricket is about 10 hours away, being in Calgary :) Hehe.. that's a BIT far ;)

When visiting the mainland, I'm either staying in Newton or in Cloverdale. I would only be about half an hour away from Binka there.

EDIT: considering how close the lower mainland is to the Seattle area, it would be silly to JUST have a BC meeting.. because there are quite a few PTers in the Seattle/surrounding areas. It's about 3 hours from Seattle from the US/Can border.

binka_nugget
07-07-2003, 09:58 PM
I'd love a little pt meeting around here but the trouble is that I can't drive yet and my mom isn't keen on driving me hours away. I'm lucky if I can get a ride to school lol.

Kfamr
07-07-2003, 10:14 PM
You should make another thread for all of the Canadians to see...... and for it doesn't confuse me lol :p

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 04:58 PM
Dad is calling the motel where Amy is going to be staying right now.. oh my gosh!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 05:06 PM
Anyone know the address of the park!????

mugsy
07-08-2003, 05:19 PM
It's on town road 241 is all I know.

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 05:22 PM
We're going mugsy so get Serenity ready!!! :p :p

mugsy
07-08-2003, 05:26 PM
You do realize that she is going to be way spoiled since this will be her second trip in a row and there are some that haven't come yet. You're responsible for telling the ones that don't go why they are being left behind! lol

Oh yeah....if it has rained as much in Findlay as it has here be prepared to get muddy. I think I'll wear my oldest nastiest stuff. I remember the first time we went, I felt like had had a mud bath! lol

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 05:26 PM
Hehehe!!!

Which others are coming again? :D

aly
07-08-2003, 05:31 PM
Oh my gosh KayAnn, you're going???????????? SO COOL! Amy will be beside herself with excitement :)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take lots of pics, PLEASE! :D

That is not a request, its an order!

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 05:34 PM
YES! We're going!. Dad, I, Simba and Nala!!!

I'm trying to find Amy's number right now so i can get a hold of her!

aly
07-08-2003, 05:37 PM
I need a pic of Nebo, Nala, and Simbutt together :)

When are you leaving? Why am I so excited that all you guys are leaving and I don't get to go!!?? Our chats are going to be dead now :)

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 05:39 PM
I'm not sure when we're leaving... I'll have to ask dad.. He's outside on a smoke break (Do you think all of this is going to give him a few more gray hairs - or in his case make a few more fall out? :eek: Sorry dad!)

mugsy
07-08-2003, 06:11 PM
Well, now that Serenity is going again, I'm not quite sure. Shawna, Vonney, Sammy, Rinney, and Dio haven't been yet. Some like Dudley, DeeDee, Tigger, and Baby can't go for one reason or another.

How about Serenity, Dio, and Sammy?

Then on Labor Day Shawna, Rinney, and Vonney will come how's that? I have to make sure Mike is ok with those choices, but, what does everyone else think?

Oh and we are bringing a box of brats (NOT little snotty kids like Staci thought) lol and buns and charcoal.

Cinder & Smoke
07-08-2003, 06:16 PM
KayAnn ~

PM me your E-mail Address - and I will SEND you the MapQuest map...

-or- go back ONE Page in this thread and Read the Cinder & Smoke Instructions on how to get and print the MapQuest map.

Short version is from Downtown Findlay you head East on Ohio Route 568.

*watch* for "Marion Township Road 241" - a Right turn.

On Township 241, you drive across a rickitey old bridge to a Stop Sign.

Turn LEFT on Township Road 208;
and Enter RiverBend Park;
drive past a Ranger Station on you left;
208 bends 90 degrees to the right (south);
and the Bark Park & "The Lodge" entrance is to the right just after the bend in the road.

Our PT Pavilion (#7) is the first one inside the parking lot on the right.

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Thanks Phred...

I think we pretty much got the directions ok... Plus we're staying in the same motel Amy and her group is staying in..

moosmom
07-08-2003, 06:29 PM
Findlay Park, right??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I live in Ecorse and the directions I was given put me on I-75 SOUTH to Toledo. If someone can either correct me if I'm wrong and give me the exit number, or I can call Kimmy and have her meet me at the end of the exit like last time.

Can't wait guys!!!

I'm bringing chips, salza, cheese & crackers and maybe some cookies. I'm flat broke this week.

Se you Sunday around noon.

mugsy
07-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Homemade salsa??? YUM!!

mugsy
07-08-2003, 07:04 PM
I can't seem to get the weather website up, I went to weatherunderground and got Sunday's forecast....

Sunday
A chance of thunderstorms in the morning...otherwise partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s and highs in the lower 80s.

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 07:36 PM
Says the same thing on weather.com ... lets hope it doesn't storm!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-08-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
Findlay Park, right???

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I live in Ecorse and the directions
I was given put me on I-75 SOUTH to Toledo.

Big EDIT -I-75 EXIT
at Route 12 is *CLOSED*

Yep ~
Bark Park *IN* RiverBend Park... Findlay, Ohio:

From Ecorse, Michigan...

Merge onto I-75 S toward TOLEDO.
stay on I-75 for about 90 miles
(so you go THRU Toledo and continue on south
PAST Toledo)

Come down I-75 to Exit 161 which is County Road 99.

Go east on CR-99 through 3 stop lights.
The road will then narrow down to 2 lanes from 4 lanes and come to a stop sign.

This is County Rd 236.
Make a right and go south.
You'll pass through 2 more stop lights, 1 at Sate Route 12 and
1 at State Route 224. At the 224 intersection there will be a
Walmart on your right (just a point of reference).

Continue south on 236 until you come to a stop sign.
At this point 236 T's into the side of State Route 568.

Turn LEFT onto OH-568
follow OH-568 to the east

Turn RIGHT onto MARION TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 241.
cross a "rickity old bridge" to the Stop sign.

Turn LEFT onto TOWNSHIP HIGHWAY 208.
Enter the RiverBend Park
Drive past a Ranger Station on your left
The road turns 90 degrees right
Slow Down - the Bark Park & "The Lodge" parking lot is on the right,
just after that bend in the road.

Total Estimated Time: 1 hour, 53 minutes

Total Distance: 103.65 miles

[EDITED @ 10:46 PM for major "exit" change because
of construction at I-75 and State Roite 12]

Cinder & Smoke
07-08-2003, 08:15 PM
Prolly gonna be a lil bit Muddie inna ole Bark Park! :(

Only day the Wethur Guyz aren't promising rain is Friday.

Oh Well ~ We been Muddie affore! :p

Weather Link - with data direct from the National Weather Service...

Weather Page - Findlay, Ohio (http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/OH/017/?stn=KFDY)

Kfamr
07-08-2003, 08:49 PM
I think dad and I are going to bring a watermelon along with us.
It's easy, and probably the only thing besides chips (which i'm sure someone else is bringing) that wont go bad by the time we get there.

So , Does everyone like watermelon?

4 Dog Mother
07-08-2003, 08:55 PM
We were at the Dog Park last night and it was MUDDY! And it rained more today with more tonight. I think it is not suppose to rain tomorrow during the day. The bad news is that it is not just rain it is downpours. So do expect a muddy area!!!

Phred has updated the directions so please refer to his directions on how to get to the dog park.

Cincy'sMom
07-08-2003, 10:18 PM
Anna & Molly- It looks like you will need to follow the directions from Exit 161 also. Instead of getting off at exit 157, just go N a few miles and follow the directions posted :)

Crikit
07-08-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by aly
Our chats are going to be dead now :)

I know, I guess those of us that aren't going are just going to have to sit and talk about how much we miss our missing crew and how we wish we could join them. Sad now.

wolf_Q
07-08-2003, 10:36 PM
:D :D :D :D :D KAYANN!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Cookiebaker
07-09-2003, 06:20 AM
I am sooooo http://www.smileydictionary.com/images/smileys/jealous.gif Jealous!!!!

anna_66
07-09-2003, 06:45 AM
Oh, this is soooo cool!

Both KayAnn & Amy coming, can't wait to see you guys:D

Thanks for the new directions, I hope it's easy (I suck at directions:o )
Yipee, a mud bath again, I just can't wait:D

joycenalex
07-09-2003, 06:55 AM
there is a dog run over the weekend, bringing 2 goldens to their forever homes from missouri to new york this weekend. i've been asked to drive from columbus to someplace in pa (can't remember where right now) either late saturday or early early sunday. so it's not looking likely for me, alex and duke.
post lots of pictures please. joyce

ramanth
07-09-2003, 09:32 AM
Everyone do a Sunshine Dance for Sunday! :D

KayAnn, it's really cool that you'll be able to make it!

Joyce and Johana, sad that you can't this time. :(

Kia, Andy, and I will be there. Not sure what'll we'll bring but I'll think of something. :)

BTW.. I LOVE watermelon. :D

Kfamr
07-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Ok.. since this is very confusing.. I have no idea which directions to go by.

Can comeone (peferably in that area, who knows the direct way/ streets ) give us directions to the park. Sorry, just remember we are completely out of town.

anna_66
07-09-2003, 03:01 PM
KayAnn, I think that 4 Dog Mothers would be the best bet since they live there (but I'm only guessing).
And watermelon...yummy:D

I've decided I'm going to make a homemade pineapple cake-it's soooo good!
I'll also bring some hotdogs & buns.

4 Dog Mother
07-09-2003, 03:21 PM
KayAnn,
The motel you are staying at is at Exit 159 off I-75. The easiest thing for you to do is get back on I-75 and go north one exit (161) and follow Phred's directions. I will pm you our phone number. We live just off 161 so if anyone wants to follow us maybe we can meet at our house and go from there.

Kfamr
07-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Thanks everyone for you help! Kimmy gave us some directions that i've printed out.

I wrote down your numbers just in case. Thanks.

wolf_Q
07-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Leaving really soon.........see ya on Sunday! :eek: :D :eek:

Kfamr
07-09-2003, 05:55 PM
omg amy did you check your email!!??

wolf_Q
07-09-2003, 05:57 PM
Yep, and I just emailed ya back......we're gonna go see Rachel together on Monday!! :D

Kfamr
07-09-2003, 06:01 PM
ooh myy goossh.... I'm going crazy lmao

All Creatures Great And Small
07-10-2003, 12:05 AM
Is anyone bringing, or can anyone bring, a Great Dane? YLL is nutty over Great Danes, and she was so bummed that we missed the last Findlay meeting when she saw the pictures. We're bringing the little Saminator, since he doesn't seem to be affected by carsickness, and we'll bring his little "cage" so we can put him in the shade somewhere if it's too hot. This will be his first time around doggies - should be pretty fun!

I'm still trying to figure out what I should bring as far as food - it would have to be something that didn't require refrigeration. Maybe I could bring some canned baked beans? Let me know if anyone has any food requests.

You guys gotta work on Rachel - make her come to the park!!

mugsy
07-10-2003, 12:07 AM
How about some more charcoal just in case and some buns....neither of those require refrigeration. I'll ask Mike...we might be able to bring Jazzy. Daisy got sick last time we came.

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 12:41 AM
So you're bringing the cat inside the park??! :eek: :eek:

07-10-2003, 01:14 AM
No, I don't think he's ready for THAT kind of introduction to dogs! :eek: Me and YLL will take turns "Sammy-sitting" outside the doggy area.

OK, I'll bring charcoal and buns - both shapes?

Cincy'sMom
07-10-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by All Creatures Great And Small
Is anyone bringing, or can anyone bring, a Great Dane? YLL is nutty over Great Danes

My mom was going to call one of her friend's that lives in Findlay and has stopped by many of the PT gatherings. She has a Great Dane.

Karen
07-10-2003, 07:39 AM
I'm so jealous! You all have to take LOTS of pictures, okay? :)

bnormal
07-10-2003, 07:40 AM
Is it too late to add 2 more pooches?

:D :D :D

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by bnormal

Omg please come!!!!:D :D :D

Anyone able to make it - COME! I will send Simba after you if you don't!!!! :cool: :cool:

bnormal
07-10-2003, 08:01 AM
kfamr, thanks for the invite! Well the wifey said that if it isn't raining we will be there...According to weather.com their is a 10% chance on saturday and a 30% chance on sunday...which means they really don't know for sure!

Just how muddy are we talking? Head to toe mud or just basic paw mud?

What should we bring?

anna_66
07-10-2003, 08:23 AM
GREAT!!!!!

And the mud factor, I couldn't tell you. But the one time we went it was basically paw mud. But I guess with all this rain it could be more.

And bring whatever you want to, just as long as you bring Callihan & Mitch!

I think this time I will bring an extra set of clothes & shoes:D

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 08:24 AM
I don't know but we're driving all the way from Florida so anyone and everyone who can make it BETTER be there with their furkids! We are leaving tomorrow around 12. I'm off to take a hour or so nap with the pups then dad and I are off to Wally world to get some last minute trip needs and probably some snacks for on the way. Then it's back home to pack everything tup to be read to leave Tomorrow!

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 08:25 AM
May want a few towels too!

Anna, who's all coming with you?

ramanth
07-10-2003, 08:27 AM
Amy, KayAnn, YYL, ACGAS..... you guys have a safe trip. :)

See you Sunday!

NO!! :D Ohh!! I'd love to meet your pooches. :D

Hope you guys can make it out. :)

bnormal
07-10-2003, 08:29 AM
Anna, I'm assuming their is a shelter just in case it starts raining?

So I will bring wife, Callihan, Mitchy and some kind of food.

bnormal
07-10-2003, 08:35 AM
BTW, who is in charge of bringing the beer?

anna_66
07-10-2003, 09:00 AM
And for the beer....
Guess that would be you (coors light I'm assuming;) )

Can't wait to see everyone!

gini
07-10-2003, 09:28 AM
I hope all of you have the best time!

Every time I think of what a wonderful thing Karen and Paul have done for us all, I smile.

bnormal
07-10-2003, 09:31 AM
How exactly did you know Coors Lite?

anna_66
07-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Oh, a little birdie told me:p

ramanth
07-10-2003, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by gini
Every time I think of what a wonderful thing Karen and Paul have done for us all, I smile.
Me too gini. :D

bnormal
07-10-2003, 09:36 AM
Anna, you are so mysterious;)

moosmom
07-10-2003, 09:48 AM
I'll be bringing chips, salsa, cheese and crackers and some cookies. See you guys Sunday!!

Karen
07-10-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by gini
I hope all of you have the best time!

I am now sooooo jealous, I wish we could come! (We can't, for several reasons.)

But now bnormal's coming and so you guys are all gonna get to meet Callihan - the FIRST EVER Pet of the Day!!!!!!!

I'm so jealous! Biscuits and cookies for everyone, and take lots and lots of pictures to send me!

ramanth
07-10-2003, 01:59 PM
KEEP THAT SUN DANCE UP!!!! :D :D :D

Sunday forcast for Findlay, OH from The Weather Channel:

Partly Cloudy, High of 80 with only a 20% chance of precipitation. :D

anna_66
07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
Anna, who's all coming with you?

We are just bringing Roxey & Huney, otherwise I wouldn't be able to visit with all the other dogs that are going to be there (I'd have to babysit Angus;) )
Unfortunatly my friend Jennifer (with Zac & Niki) won't be able to join us this time:(

Only a 20% chance of rain...YIPEE:D

And Karen, I for one am so excited to meet Callahan & his family too (it is too bad you & Paul can't come:()!

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 02:40 PM
there's going to be beer? :rolleyes:

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Karen

I'm so jealous! Biscuits and cookies for everyone, and take lots and lots of pictures to send me!

Dad just bought two packs of 8 batteries in each pack. Amy said she bought 48 batteries. And well, you know how the both of us are with cameras!

bnormal
07-10-2003, 02:50 PM
"there's going to be beer"?

I believe that was a joke...

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 02:50 PM
I hope it was.:(

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Just wanted to say congrats bnormal- 300 posts! :D

bnormal
07-10-2003, 02:54 PM
kfamr, thanks...I didn't realize it until you pointed that out! Am I still a citizen? What is the next level?

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 02:56 PM
No problem.

i'm not sure what the next level is but~ You could always change it by going to "User Cp" then " edit profile" then type whatever you want in the "Custom User Text". :)

bnormal
07-10-2003, 03:04 PM
You could always change it by going to "User Cp" then " edit profile" then type whatever you want in the "Custom User Text"

dummy me...I didn't know that!

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 03:07 PM
:p

Anyways, We're off to the store to get more things (probably knowing me, dog snacks and dog toys. :rolleyes: )

I guess we're still going with our original plan of bringing a watermelon ~ since there was no objections i guess everyone's fine with that! :p

bnormal
07-10-2003, 03:12 PM
Anna, why no Angus? I was looking forward to meeting the big boy named after Angus Young!

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 03:15 PM
I don't think Angus is well with other dogs.

Neither is Simba so more than likely I will have to watch him. I'm probably going to put him inside the little "time out " area though. :)

I can't wait to see Nala with all of the pet talk doggies. The last time she went to the dog park was when we first got her (after she got all her shots of course) and she had to go in the little dog section because she was so tiny.

Now i bet she can kick the pet talkers butts. :p

I'm kind of worried though, she does play rough sometimes (She loves to pull at the collars.) and sometimes she does jump on people. She's still a pup though, so hopefully everyone will understand why she's not as good as my Simba boy. :p

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Anyways, see how addicting Pet Talk is, I need to get read for the trip!! :eek: :eek:

4 Dog Mother
07-10-2003, 03:24 PM
We were out at the dog park again last night. By muddy, I guess I mean paw muddy. The grass has filled in a lot of the spots so it is not as bare adn muddy in most places like it was earlier this year. Although there are still a few spots that get fairly muddy. Right now water is standing in some of the lower areas - but the grass is over them but they do splash rather nicely when the dogs race through them. The dogs were drinking this water although we were trying to discourage them.

The good news, although they were a little wet, esp. Taggert who loved racing through the water, their paws were only a little muddy and by the time we walked through the paved parking lot, I don't think any mud even got on the seats. And thankfully no one had to have a bath. what little mud that had stuck brushed off when they were dry. Thank God!!!!:rolleyes: Giving five dogs baths at 9:30 is just too much for this old lady.

Today is the last real rain that we are expecting - just a chance the rest of the weekend. So hopefully even the standing water will have soaked in and it won't be too bad.

There was a golden out there that kind of loves to roll around and be belly rubbed etc. and he might have needed a bath when he got home. He always seems to pick the muddiest spot to roll in. There was also a blue heeler pup and he got kind of dirty for the same reason - he had to show submission to all the bigger guys and so he spent a lot of time rolling around.

Can't wait for Sunday and to see you all and the puppers. Bug spray might be a good thing to add to what you are bringing. All the rain seems to be bringing out the mosquitoes and gnats.

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 03:30 PM
Oh boy... Would Nala have fun getting all muddy. :rolleyes:

Giving baths to two dogs at ANY time is too much for this YOUNG lady. :rolleyes: :p

Cincy'sMom
07-10-2003, 03:48 PM
Glad to hear you guys are going to make it Brad!!

KayAnn- Don't worry about beer...even if we wanted it, there are no alcoholic beverages allowed in the park. Are you guys driving straight through or stopping over night? Any idea when you will be getting into Findlay?

And don't worry about Nala. There are plenty of the PT pupsters who like to play rough (my three included) and a some that are older and have been through many classes that still like to jump (Sadie). Everyone is really good about keeping an eye on everyone else's dog and make sure the play stays nice. Don't be afraid to correct anyone's dog if they are misbehaving ( esp. if Spot is humping, right Huney) No one takes it personal, we just try to keep it as fun and safe for dogs and people alike.

And, if UPS delivers on time will be be digital this weekend!!! We ordered a camera last night and it shouldbe here tomorrow!!!!

bnormal
07-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Cincy'sMom, thanks! Guys, I was kidding about the beer!

Is this a state park? And is it fenced in?

Cincy'sMom
07-10-2003, 04:01 PM
I don't believe that it is a State Park, but I may be wrong. The entire thing is not fenced, however the Dog area is.

I knew you were joking about the beer, I only mentioned it cause I have thought more then once about sneaking something in :)

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 04:27 PM
Yes, we're driving straight through. We were going to stop in tennesee on the way there but we decided to do that on the way back. We will probably arrive at the hotel around 12, hopefully, Saturday.

I'm glad you were joking about the beer because neither dad or i can really stand it.

mugsy
07-10-2003, 04:42 PM
I'm glad the park is fairly dry. Our dog park is under a couple of feet of water. Mike has had to find 3 or 4 alternate routes home from work because of the flooding. Our county has been declared an emergency, but we have 3 rivers, not just one! lol I think I'll still wear old clothes! How many people are we looking at so we make sure we have enough brats.

Cincy'sMom
07-10-2003, 05:12 PM
If I counted right, I think it is about 24 people. Let meknowif you want us to get some too.

anna_66
07-10-2003, 05:16 PM
LOL! Molly I read your post and thought "enough brats" I think with all the dogs we're going to have, there will be enough brats:p
Then I read Amy's post and got it (I'm such a dork sometimes:rolleyes: )

And yeah Brad, Angus doesn't play well with others:o

mugsy
07-10-2003, 05:18 PM
Amy, how about some hamburger patties? I think if I remember correctly maybe Anna is bringing hot dogs. I suppose we ought to bring charcoal lighter fluid too eh?;) We'll bring some condiments too. What are we doing for drinks? Is it BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage) lol?

mugsy
07-10-2003, 05:20 PM
Anna, don't feel badly, Staci thought the same thing you did. You know, that might say something about your personality! hhehehehe;) :D

anna_66
07-10-2003, 05:43 PM
What are we doing for drinks? Is it BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage) lol?

Anna, don't feel badly, Staci thought the same thing you did. You know, that might say something about your personality! hhehehehe

I'll bring some lemonade!

Hey, what are you trying to say about our personalities:D :p

mugsy
07-10-2003, 05:58 PM
Maybe you're both BRATS!!! hehehe j/k. But, brats are my favorite people!

PS We thought we had a home for Rose, but she got a GSD at the Columbus shelter. She is playing so well with the other dogs, it's amazing. She gets a little rough, but she's getting better.

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Hehe we just got home from Wal Mart and got a box of scooby snacks for all of the pups (plus we have a bunch of milkbones!) I bought Nebo and Amy some stuff as well and a few new toys for Nala. :rolleyes: Talk about spoiled!

We bought my mom this turtle air plant type thing. She loves turtles if you didn't already know. She aobut cried when I gave it to her, lol.

What in the heck are brats? lol

mugsy
07-10-2003, 06:37 PM
bratwurst....like a sausage, only better.

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 06:53 PM
I'll stick with hot dogs! :eek: :D

mugsy
07-10-2003, 06:57 PM
You don't know what you're missing! Mike likes his with sauerkraut (which I don't like) and mustard. I just like mine with mustard.

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 07:27 PM
I tried it before at the Florida fairgrounds... YUCK!! :eek: :p

mugsy
07-10-2003, 07:40 PM
Well, OK, I'll let you off the hook this once!

Hey Phred.....are you bringing Mike's favorite cookies again??? lol;) :D

anna_66
07-10-2003, 07:48 PM
Maybe you're both BRATS!!! hehehe j/k. But, brats are my favorite people!

PS We thought we had a home for Rose, but she got a GSD at the Columbus shelter. She is playing so well with the other dogs, it's amazing. She gets a little rough, but she's getting better.
Good thing brats are your favorite people:p

Aww, too bad she didn't get a new home:(
But I'm so glad to hear she's playing good with the other dogs! Too bad she isn't good enough to bring to the park:( Give her a kissy from me:D

KayAnn, Roxey & Huney just love Scooby Snacks!

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 08:04 PM
Hehhe.. Do you think Huney will let me get a hug if i give her a snack? Simba loovves "Cooby Nakz" (what my dad calls em)

I just wanna hug fluffy Huney!!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-10-2003, 08:13 PM
Yay I wanna come andI think my dad will let me depending on where it is in Ohio so somebody Please PM me the specifics cuz Im trying to read this post but Im just confused Thanz 4 any info u can give me hope we can go:D

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 08:21 PM
It's in Findlay, Ohio.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-10-2003, 08:46 PM
Does it cost anything to go? Cross your fingers and paws I think I just Might convince my Daddieo to take me but not totally pawsitive lol:D

mugsy
07-10-2003, 08:51 PM
There is no cost, except we split the cost of the rental of the pavillion (which is very rarely more than $5/person). Then we all usually bring something to eat.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-10-2003, 08:52 PM
Hey for all of you who Like Roller Coasters You should check out Cedar Pointe while you're up there It's soo much fun, But I'm sure that most of ya will be tired afterward, not to mention the pupsters ya got with ya but just thought I'd mention it I loove it there especially the Raptor:D

Kfamr
07-10-2003, 10:17 PM
We normally go to Michigan every year. My brother, lauren (blustang24 on here) my cousin and I went to Cedar Pointe last year.
It indeed was fun.
We though it would be a smart idea to go on the water rides first and dry off by the time we were done and in the car but boy were we wrong. It was so gross walking around in wet clothes! My favorite was the one where you go really far up and they drop you down, and the opposite one. We did both. It was real fun but then again all four of us always have alot of fun together.

This time we won't be able to go because for one we'll have Simba and Nala and another it's just dad and I. Which dad has a very bad back.

For all of you who are coming, instead of refering him to "dad" like i've been saying, his name is Ken.

Just though i'd let you all know. :D We have all of our things packed and in the truck ready to go in the morning. Tons of goodies for us and the dogs. :)

Cincy'sMom
07-10-2003, 10:52 PM
Amy, how about some hamburger patties? I suppose we ought to bring charcoal lighter fluid too eh?;) We'll bring some condiments too. What are we doing for drinks? Is it BYOB (Bring Your Own Beverage) lol?

I will grab some burgers.
We have some lighter fluid and 1/2 bag of charcoal here from our old grill I will bring.
We also have a ton of plastic cups I want to get rid of I will bring

and my Kahula chocolate cake.

I'm hoping tomorrow night to make some homemade cookies for the doggies...we'll see how things go. Sadie needs a bath before her dog show on Saturday :)

Cinder & Smoke
07-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Hey Phred.....
are you bringing Mike's favorite cookies again??? lol ;) :D

Yupperz!

Choka-Chippy Kookies - wiff so many Choka-Chippies *we* kant have any! :( :mad:

An 24 Hoominz! Dad sed :eek: !

We're prolly gonna hafta whip up a Triple Batch! ;)

Dont furget ~ Ebberbuddie iz suppozed to be doin their SUN DANZE! :)

See y'all on Sunday!!

Blustang24
07-11-2003, 12:15 AM
should've sent Honey with KayAnn lol....Hope you all have tons of fun!!!! :) :D ;) :cool: :)

Kfamr
07-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Oh my gosh... could you imagine Honey, Simba, and Nala in the back seat of my dad's truck??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Blustang24
07-11-2003, 12:36 AM
it would be pretty funny lol

Kfamr
07-11-2003, 12:41 AM
Honey and Nala would be running all over Simba chasing each other. :p

shais_mom
07-11-2003, 12:48 AM
The dobies are coming, The dobies are coming!!!
And I get to meet them!!!! Shouldn't I be like honorary sumpin to Mitchell???? he he JUST KIDDING!
Brad, let me know which way you will be coming. If you like you can meet me in Upper Sandusky or at a rest area on the way, and follow me. ....... ( I know the short cuts!!)
IF you are coming up 23, that is........ PM and I will send you my numbers in case you get misdirected!!! ;)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-11-2003, 05:59 AM
My favorite was the one where you go really far up and they drop you down, and the opposite one. We did both.

~ Oh the Power Tower, it's not quite my favorite but I have ridden it 2wice I can't even open my eyes on that one! I like the Raptor and The Magnum But I will not ever Ride Millenium Force or the new one( which is 420 making it the tallest coaster in the world)Top Thrill Dragster.~

~ My dad said we can go as long as nothing comes up so I guess that means we are most likely coming!!!!!:D so that makes 26 people or if you count Ringo 27? which one:D :) ;)

puppygrrl4eva7
07-11-2003, 06:06 AM
Ok I have paper plates and I'll bring some snacks, ugg I have like 10 posts in this thread so far I you'd think I'd learn to combine my ideas into 1 post lol

anna_66
07-11-2003, 06:46 AM
Hehhe.. Do you think Huney will let me get a hug if i give her a snack? Simba loovves "Cooby Nakz" (what my dad calls em)

I just wanna hug fluffy Huney!!

She just might, but your best bet is to kinda ignore her at first (of course while giving treats;))

Originally posted by puppygrrl4eva7

ugg I have like 10 posts in this thread so far I you'd think I'd learn to combine my ideas into 1 post lol
Who cares as long as your coming;)

bnormal
07-11-2003, 06:49 AM
shais_mom, I've been thinking and I agree with you. Would you consider being Mitchys' honorary food provider for a year?;) I'm kidding!

We'll be coming up 23. Mapquest said it was approximately 95 miles from Columbus to Findlay so I figured to get on the road at 10am. I'll send you a PM.

Looking forward to meeting everyone. When you meet my wife I should warn you that she is a bit hard of hearing. So whenever you speak to her you should speak in a very loud voice.

It will be interesting to see how Mitchell reacts to the other pooches. He terrorizes Callihan but a buddy brought over his 2 Australian Shepards a few months ago and Mitch was a bit scared. We shall see!

Callihan on the other hand likes to sniff and be petted! That's all he requires!

What should we bring? What is needed?

anna_66
07-11-2003, 07:26 AM
Brad, I meant to ask you before, but what is your wife's name? It would be terrible to know you name & the kids's name & not your wife's:eek:

bnormal
07-11-2003, 07:34 AM
She answers to Kizzy!

AdoreMyDogs
07-11-2003, 07:41 AM
I am so pleased to finally get a chance to get on the computer and read all these responses! I am SO glad we are going to have such a great turn out. It should be truly a blast!

Kim, do you want to meet me at my house again and carpool? If so, what time do you want to meet there?

Either way, I will be going and I will go to the grocery store and buy some cherries. They are on sale now and they are really yummy. I can bring some other stuff if anyone objects to me bringing cherries.

zippy-kat
07-11-2003, 08:13 AM
Mitchell .... terrorizes Callihan but a buddy brought over his 2 Australian Shepards a few months ago and Mitch was a bit scared. We shall see!

It must be in the name. I dated a guy named Mitch once (yes, just once -- I'm not a sucker for punishment! lol) and he was a terror. However, I assure you, your Mitch is MUCH CUTER and probably much more entertaining! :D

What an honor it will be for those who get to meet Callihan, the pup who started it all!

I WANNA GOOOOOOOOO..... *whines*:(

Everybody have a blast and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!! :D

ramanth
07-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by AdoreMyDogs
Kim, do you want to meet me at my house again and carpool? If so, what time do you want to meet there?
Same time, same place! 10:30 a.m. sound good? :D We'll be there Leslie.

And btw... cherries sound great! :)

bnormal
07-11-2003, 08:31 AM
zippy-kat, actually I was kidding about my wifes name being Kizzy. Kizzy was actually the name of a slave girl in "Roots". Since she is my wife and I am the HUSBAND...do you see where I am going with that???;)

Her real name is Jennie. You guys will really like her! I will guarantee that all pooches at the park will love Jennie...she has a uncanny way with animals for some reason!

You dated a guy ONCE and you realized he was a terror? Please provide details...

We will be selling autographed 8x10's of Callihan in the lobby!:D

sorry you can't make it!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Oh I am soo excited I hope we go I hope we go!!! It sounds like it will be soo much fun!

Kfamr
07-11-2003, 08:57 AM
LESLIE!!! You're bringing Graham boy??!!?

Oh my Gosh! I'm so excited! I get to meet my two favorite Pet Talk doggies!

Nebo and Graham!!! Ahhhhh!!!!

We're probably heading out in 20 mins or so.
I really do not feel good. I was up all night...... and it was rather smelly., If you get what i'm saying. :o :o :o :o

I really hope it doesn't rain. I really hope it's atleast a little cool. I cannont stand the heat.

Simba knew last night what was going on. He saw how we go our suitcases out and all of the snackies was going in!! He's been bugging me all morning and he's already been fed and been outside, so he knows whats up!

Can't wait to see you all! Let's hope we make it there safely! :)

anna_66
07-11-2003, 09:25 AM
You've probably left by now, but in case you haven't...

BE CAREFUL!

See you Sunday!

Brad, I was kinda wondering about Kizzy:p Can't wait to meet Jennie, she sounds very nice.

puppygrrl4eva7
07-11-2003, 10:17 AM
I'm soo excited!! I hope we will make it but I'm pretty sure we will! When I get there I'm probably not going to know any of your names I'll only remember you by your user names so who is Phred who is Amy? I'm going to make a chart of peoples names their user names then the dogs they will bring so I don't get too confused LoL:D

AdoreMyDogs
07-11-2003, 10:51 AM
I am so bad with names, and I hope I am not the only one, so I think nametags would be a nice idea....maybe nametags with our real name and our username posted underneath.

I thought about that the last Ohio PT meeting, but was embarressed to ask because I figured I was the only one who had a hard time with some of the names.

I know it's short notice, but if anyone can buy or print out name tag stickers it would be great if they brought them, along with a Sharpie so we all could fill them in with our names :)

I'll see if I have anything like that at my work here. I doubt it, but I might.

bnormal
07-11-2003, 10:56 AM
Or how about we make a game out of it? Try to guess who each other is? Of course some will be obvious to others. But I won't know who anyone is at first, however, we will all be the best of friends by the time we leave!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-11-2003, 11:01 AM
I like the guessing game Idea, of course I'm sure It'll be obious who I am I'm the only 13 yr old on this site with a yorkie puppy lol:D

AdoreMyDogs
07-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Hahaha :) Well not only am I not that great with names (most people's names I know though), but I also have not the best memory :) I have some that I am going to bring anyway, so whoever wants to pin them on can. Is that OK? :)

It's going to be so much fun!

aly
07-11-2003, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom

And, if UPS delivers on time will be be digital this weekend!!! We ordered a camera last night and it shouldbe here tomorrow!!!!

YAY!!!! No more waiting in great anticipation for pics :D

Cataholic
07-11-2003, 11:38 AM
Late breaking news....I think we are going to make it after all! Binx gets his stitches out tonight, and the swelling is WAY down....so, put us down as more likely than notters.....

What can I bring?????

ramanth
07-11-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Cataholic
Late breaking news....I think we are going to make it after all! Binx gets his stitches out tonight, and the swelling is WAY down....so, put us down as more likely than notters.....

What can I bring?????
YOU AND BINX! :D

And maybe some of the kitties. ;)

YAY!! I'm so glad you guys can make it. :)

shais_mom
07-11-2003, 11:44 AM
YEAAA!
Binxie boy and his mommie are gonna be there!! YEEEAAA!
How about the broccili salad?
or some pop?

bnormal
07-11-2003, 12:09 PM
Cataholic, GREAT!

Cinder & Smoke
07-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Late breaking news...
...so, put us down as more likely than notters :)

OH HAPPIE DAZE!!! :D

MR Binx is FEELIN :) GUD agin!!

So we'll stop at Mickey D's joint an pick ya up sum Snaussage Bisquitz, Bixey!!

Oh Binx ~ Dont furget ta bring yur Mom, too! :rolleyes:

anna_66
07-11-2003, 03:03 PM
So glad you will be there Binx, oh....and you too Johanna:p

Leslie, I think the name tags are good, I'm terrible with names (thank goodness I know most of yours already!).

Cincy'sMom
07-11-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by aly
YAY!!!! No more waiting in great anticipation for pics :D

UPS (or was it Tiger Direct?) failed...the camera will be delivered Monday :( I'm a little ticked cause Ralph asked the guy for overnight shipping, and he said not to waste the money..."I have to say Monday, but it will be there Friday" Guess what...WRONG!!! So I guess it is still 35mm for this weekend....but next time :)

YEAH JOHANNA!!!! I'm so glad Binxy boy is feeling up to coming!!!

So is All Creatures Great and Small let the rest of us in on her real name, or are we going to have to call her ACGAS all day? I think she is about the only one whose real name I don't know.

Cinder & Smoke
07-11-2003, 05:41 PM
6 PM Weather Guess for Findlay is Lookin GUD!

Tonight
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers this evening, then partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. West winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Saturday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the mid 70s. West winds 5 to 15 mph.

Saturday night
Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 50s. West winds 5 to 10 mph.

Sunday
Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s.

Sunday night
Partly cloudy. Lows near 60.

Monday - Partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 80s.
Monday night - Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 60s.

Check to forecast youself - link =

Weather for Findlay, Ohio (http://www.uswx.com/us/wx/OH/017/?stn=KFDY)

See y'all Sunday - we're gonna be "scarce" tomorrow (Saturday) :( -
Dad's gotta do a Fire Department *Thing* all day.

07-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
So is All Creatures Great and Small going to let the rest of us in on her real name, or are we going to have to call her ACGAS all day? I think she is about the only one whose real name I don't know.

HA HA HA HA - All will be revealed on Sunday.............;) - gives you something to look forward to, eh? I just have this Internet paranoia that makes me not want to post my name on the site. YLL already divulged hers (Laura), so after the meeting I'll probably go public with mine.

I think ACGAS has a nice ring to it, actually - kind of like those AFLAC commercials! :p

I'm glad we decided that name tags are the order of the day - I had already planned to slap one on with my real and imaginary names, for those who wouldn't recognize me since I'm so photo-phobic.

zippy-kat
07-11-2003, 07:55 PM
zippy-kat, actually I was kidding about my wifes name being Kizzy. Kizzy was actually the name of a slave girl in "Roots". Since she is my wife and I am the HUSBAND...do you see where I am going with that???;)

Her real name is Jennie. You guys will really like her! I will guarantee that all pooches at the park will love Jennie...she has a uncanny way with animals for some reason!

You dated a guy ONCE and you realized he was a terror? Please provide details...

We will be selling autographed 8x10's of Callihan in the lobby!:D

sorry you can't make it!

oppsie! 'member that now--one of my blonder moments! :o

Please provide details? Oh my! Wellll....let's just say he is the center of his own little universe--ya know, God's gift and all that. :rolleyes: I sorta got sick of it ... and .... sorta.... told him where-to-stick-it... :o :D *snicker* He deserved it!

mugsy
07-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Okie dokey folks!!

1. YEAH FOR BINX!!! I'm so glad you're coming Jo.

2. I went out today and bought some hamburger, hot dogs, and sub (for the brats) buns. I went to the Aunt Millie's outlet store and got an 8 pack of buns for, are you ready, 19 cents. I also bought some special HOT sausage for Amy and Mike and whomever else likes hot stuff.....I bought 2 pounds. I bought 2 pounds (8) of Boarshead hot dogs....they are sooooo awesome, and 9 pounds of brats.

3. We are bringing Jazzy, Serenity, Sammy, and Rinney....Dio has a boo boo on his leg, so we don't want to take him and risk it getting infected. That just means that we'll bring the 4 remainders on Labor Day.

4 Dog Mother
07-11-2003, 08:29 PM
9:00 Friday night - we just got back from the dog park and everything is getting better. The water level is down in the river so all the roads should be open by Sunday. The ground in the dog park itself is drying out and there are only a few areas of standing water. Mostly out by the west side along that trail the walkers and in line skaters were. We probably won't even have to worry about much mud unless your dogs are the roll-around- in-what-ever water they find kind of dogs.(watch out for Sadie, Amy). The weather report appears good so unless we get some more of those gullywashers we should be fine.

And by the way, no mosquitoes got us tonight so maybe we won't need bug spray either!!!

07-11-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
We probably won't even have to worry about much mud unless your dogs are the roll-around- in-what-ever water they find kind of dogs

Darn, no mud left for mud-wrestling? I was thinking Cataholic and I might mix it up a little - I heard she's kind of a *bully * and I think I may have disagreed with her once, a long time ago. ;) :p

Seriously, I am delighted to be able to meet Johanna finally!

4 Dog Mother
07-11-2003, 09:08 PM
Darn, no mud left for mud-wrestling? I was thinking Cataholic and I might mix it up a little - I heard she's kind of a *bully *

There will probably be still plenty of low areas around with water in them so if you feel that need to get down and dirty.......

aly
07-12-2003, 12:42 AM
HA HA HA HA - All will be revealed on Sunday.............;) - gives you something to look forward to, eh? I just have this Internet paranoia that makes me not want to post my name on the site. YLL already divulged hers (Laura), so after the meeting I'll probably go public with mine.

Thank goodness! You don't know how many times I've accidently typed your real name in a post here :eek: :eek: Don't worry, I always catch it before I hit the Submit Reply button!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-12-2003, 07:30 AM
Yay we are coming for sure!! I'm bringin da Cheetos! and Ringo, but he probably won't be able to play with da big doggies cuz he's soo little. But guess what He's turning 6 months yay! It's his half birthday on the 23rd I got him some Dentabones as a present but he can't open em yet. Can't wait to see you all!:D :) :) :D

Cataholic
07-12-2003, 08:13 AM
Darn, no mud left for mud-wrestling? I was thinking Cataholic and I might mix it up a little - I heard she's kind of a *bully * and I think I may have disagreed with her once, a long time ago. ;) :p

Seriously, I am delighted to be able to meet Johanna finally!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I do recall a loooooonnnnnnggggg time ago we disagreed about something, but, I can't recall what...but, did we end it poorly? Its funny, cause I definetely remember it, and I remember feeling bad about it, cause it was YOU, strange, very strange.

Guess I better hit the gym HARD today to be all pumped up for mudwrestling. Dern good thing Uba won't be there...she seems to have a 'thing' for it:D :D :D

Cataholic
07-12-2003, 08:16 AM
oh, and ps....I am bringing a salad (go figure) of spinach, strawberries, purple onion, almonds and a poppyseed dressing

UNLESS someone wants me to make something specific to go with whatever someone else is bringing...i.e., buns, relishs, cheeses, maters, lettuce...(notice NONE of those things are makeable?).

bnormal
07-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Ok guys, remember the order of the day (sunday) is to convince my wife that getting a 3rd Dobe would be the right thing to do!

Of course be sly about it.

And definitely don't tell her it was my idea!

Doberman Pinscher rules: do NOT look them straight in the eye!

anna_66
07-12-2003, 08:35 AM
I'm also bringing some cookies for the doggies that I just made (my 3 did a taste test and were begging for more:D)!

Anyone's dog alergic to
~flour, cheese, garlic powder or vegatable oil~?

And Johanna, your salad sounds yummy!

Can't wait for all this good food and company tomorrow, it should be a blast!

Oh yeah, my friend Jen might be coming up with Niki & Zac (fingers & paws crossed)!

bnormal
07-12-2003, 08:45 AM
"he is the center of his own little universe"

We are ALL like that!

mugsy
07-12-2003, 08:47 AM
Gee the numbers keep increasing....good thing I bought those hot sausages for Amy so she won't eat my brats!! lol j/k.

Jo, I don't EVEN want to know what you'll be wearing if you plan on mudwrestling! lol

mugsy
07-12-2003, 08:48 AM
Brad,

Would it be too obvious if I brought a picture of Jared from Brown County Humane Society? ;) ;)

bnormal
07-12-2003, 08:56 AM
mugsy, just bring Jared!

I don't think a picture would reveal our secret plan. We'll just work it into the conversation. Maybe you could say something like, "ya know I just happen to have a picture of this doberman who needs rescued"....

shais_mom
07-12-2003, 10:39 AM
Why can't we look them in the eye?
:confused: Does that mean we will want one?

Ohhh and Brad you and Jennie are more than welcome to come into the house and use the facilities before we head out also, (the bathrooms at the park are holes in the ground!) I don't want you peeing in my yard :eek: My dad already does that!:o :o :o :o :o ;)

shais_mom
07-12-2003, 10:48 AM
Mugsy save me a hotdog! ;)

ramanth
07-12-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm bringing plates. :) I have tons left over from the last Pet Talk meet and greet. :)

Should I get napkins or is someone bringing those?

shais_mom
07-12-2003, 02:37 PM
I picked up a 12 pack of water (20 oz bottles) that I threw in the freezer, and am going to bring those. I am bringing a couple bags of ice for the dogs, the ice in the water dish was such a hit the last time, and tomorrow will probably be warmer.

bnormal
07-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Staci, I guarantee you will want a Dobe after tomorrow...I was kidding about looking them in the eye...you know, perpetuating the myth about these killers!

Cataholic
07-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Binx has a special request...would the dog that dipped all four paws in the water last time keep his smelly dirty feet out of it this time?

:D :eek: :D

That was a very neat thing to see...really.

07-12-2003, 04:23 PM
Well, we're leaving an hour and half late (no surprise there), but here we go! On our way to Ohio! We're bringing our buns with us too!:D See you all on Sunday.......

Cincy'sMom
07-12-2003, 04:33 PM
Binx has a special request...would the dog that dipped all four paws in the water last time keep his smelly dirty feet out of it this time?

:D :eek: :D

That was a very neat thing to see...really.

Should be okay...Pebbles isn't coming this time :)

Brad, do you ever watch the TV show Monk? Last night they had this "killer" Dobe on there. He was a snarling and growling...his owner opened the gate to have him "attack" the cops. He ran, got a baseball and chewed on it. Some killer :)

bnormal
07-12-2003, 05:35 PM
Cincy'sMom, that is so typical of Dobermans (at least mine)! Too funny!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-12-2003, 06:29 PM
I've got some paper plates 2 so I'll bring em just in case. everybody has good ideas of what 2 bring, ugg you all probablly hate cheetos too lol i like them because I'm 13 soo I'll try to figure out what I could bring that grown ups will like hmm I'll ask my dad

bnormal
07-12-2003, 06:46 PM
puppygrrl4eva7, you and I will be going from the "craphole of america" to the mudbowl of america tomorrow!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-12-2003, 07:22 PM
Alright, Bnormal, I changed it just 4 u :D

bnormal
07-12-2003, 07:56 PM
Ok puppygrrl4eva7, I changed mine just for you!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-12-2003, 08:10 PM
O thanx Bnormal:D, I just don't like Ohio it's not busy enough for me, when I grow up I'm gonna move to NYC or Hollywood!

Remind me why I'm going I'm 13 and everyone else is an adult! I'll feel like such a dork:rolleyes: You guys are like your own little clique (sp) and I'm the annoying tagalong funfun

4 Dog Mother
07-12-2003, 08:47 PM
I think you are wrong about it being all adults. Kayann who is here from Florida is 15 and Amy from Utah is 18 and her friend Melissa is, I think, 17. So while you may be the youngest there will be some others closer to your age. And besides it's about being animal (dogs, this time specifically) lovers that brings us all together. My husband and I are probably the oldest ones coming but there are all ages all the way down to you so it's not like we are all the same age group. I am sure you will feel quite comfortable with everyone.

mugsy
07-12-2003, 08:52 PM
It will be nice to have youngsters there anyway....that way, Miss Gimpalong (me) can have the youngin's run around with our dogs and get them all tuckered out so they sleep on the ride home! lol j/k. I think everyone will have fun with each other and watching the dogs. I think we may change our minds on dogs that go, but I'm not sure.

4 Dog Mother
07-12-2003, 08:55 PM
Saturday nights report from the dog park.

Well we just got back again from the dog park. We went by the motel and asked both Amy and her friend, Melissa and Nebo and Kay Ann and her dad and Simba and Nala to join us and they did. The inside of the dog park is pretty dry now. I am not sure there were any muddy spots left.

We had all five of ours with us and all the dogs seemed to get along great. Kay Ann was a little worried about Simba but he seemed to do okay with everyone. Nala was just being too friendly of a pup and was nipping at the dogs when Dazzi got tired of it and let him know it. She didn't hurt her but that is the reason she won't be there tomorrow. She just doesn't like to put up with much. Nebo and Nala were so busy chasing each other and Snoopy (who started to get a little scared of their activity) that they forgot the old lady of the group Oreo and sent her tumbling a couple of times. The last time she hurt her back leg but was fine by the time we left. But she will be staying home tomorrow too because she is just too old and slow and cranky!

I still have no idea what I am bringing tomorrow but I will bring something. It will be a surprise to all of us. :rolleyes:

See you all tomorrow!!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-12-2003, 09:22 PM
Does any of you like cheetos? cuz if ya don't I'll bring somethin else, I really don't care if ya don't like em I'll take em too my momz house I just want everybody 2 b happie! Sry bout the puter tlk I feel like bein Lay Z

mugsy
07-12-2003, 09:41 PM
cheetos work for me! I like the crunchy ones and Mike likes the soft ones.....we truly are opposites attract.;)

bnormal
07-12-2003, 10:11 PM
puppygrrl4eva7, don't worry about it...I act like I'm 12!

mugsy
07-12-2003, 10:13 PM
Hey Brad did you see that the Dobie won best of the working breeds in the dog show tonight?

bnormal
07-12-2003, 10:18 PM
Hey Brad did you see that the Dobie won best of the working breeds in the dog show tonight?

I didn't see that...darn it! Was it on pet channel? I'll have to see if it is going to be on again...Thanks for letting me know.

mugsy
07-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Yeppers it was on Animal Planet, so you can just about be assured that it will be run at least 2 or 3 more times. The working breeds were near the end....in fact I think they were the last group before best in breed.

Cataholic
07-13-2003, 06:38 AM
Based on Mugsy's posting time last night....I am thinking she and Mike will be LATE today...he he he..

anna_66
07-13-2003, 06:50 AM
Yep, I was thinking the same thing;)

CRAP!!...the cakes a bust:( I wasn't paying attention and didn't use the self rising flour:o

Guess I'll stop by the store & pick something up:rolleyes:

Karen
07-13-2003, 07:39 AM
If it cooked but just didn't rise, get some pudding and/or whipped cream, slice what you've got in thin layers, intersperse the "filling" and you've got a torte! :) No one'll be the wiser!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-13-2003, 08:09 AM
Off we go! we are leaving soon!! I'm sooo excited andI hope Ringo does not get sick in the car because it's about a 2 hr drive luckey us!:p See you all soon(but I'm sure you all have left by now and won't read this message till you're back):D

bnormal
07-13-2003, 08:36 AM
Getting ready to leave! See you all in a few hours! Staci, we'll be there around 11ish!

mugsy
07-13-2003, 08:37 AM
And I was still up 2 hours later too.

RubyMutt
07-13-2003, 12:17 PM
I wonder how everything is going :) I hope you all are having a fun time - I'm sure you are! :D I cannot wait to see LOTS OF PHOTOS!! :)

aly
07-13-2003, 02:14 PM
I keep thinking about everyone and can't wait for the pictures.

Sending a big Texas sized hug to you all! :)

zippy-kat
07-13-2003, 02:29 PM
Yes, same here! I can't wait for the pics.

Since most of my online buddies are up there, it's the perfect opportunity to begin my paper... darn it! I'd much rather be up there with all of you.:)

binka_nugget
07-13-2003, 02:38 PM
Ohhh I'm so jealous. I hope they're having loads of fun....and taking pictures gallore. :D

aly
07-13-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by zippy-kat
Yes, same here! I can't wait for the pics.

Since most of my online buddies are up there, it's the perfect opportunity to begin my paper... darn it! I'd much rather be up there with all of you.:)

Same here --- I'm studying for a test!

puppygrrl4eva7
07-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Yay it was really fun! (I don't mean to brag) but guess what they found bunnies baby bunnies they were soo cute and tiny but I don't want to be telling you all about it because it's not my story to tell, anyway I had fun and I hope to come to the next one! I only took one pic of me and Ringo that I'll post later:D :D :D :D The Hotdogs were good along with Phred's cookies:D

puppygrrl4eva7
07-13-2003, 06:26 PM
Oh BTW Nebo Is the cutest doggie!! I also loved Huney, Roxy, Jack( I think?) the Airedale, and the Great Danes and Also Cahlihan (sp?) But most of all Binx!!! such a cutie :D

Cataholic
07-13-2003, 06:53 PM
We are BACK! What a fun day it was, so good to see everyone, meet some newbies- some youngins, and the newbie doggies, too! The weather was perfect, the food was more than perfect, and the company great! Binx slept the whole way home...

Cincy'sMom
07-13-2003, 07:44 PM
And what a fun day!!! All the pups and people alike seemed to have a ton of fun!! All the dogs got along really well, and even Sammy the cat had some K9 visitors (course my Cincy was scared of the big mean 12 week old kitten :rolleyes: )

What awesome dogs!!! Anyone who is breed biased really should stop out at the park and meet the PT puppers...from the vicious Dobies (Mitchell and Callihan) to those terrible Pit bulls (Serenity, Tigger, Simba), and that mean little chow, Huney. It would totally ruin anyone's view of these as mean breeds. What sweethearts!!! To have any group of 20+ get together and all get along...it is a real testament to how the dogs are trained/cared for!!!

And it is amazing how seeing the dogs in person chages their size...I remember last Nov, the first time we met Graham and Kersey, being shocked at the size dofference between them... today it was Simba theat shocked me...much smaller then I pictured...but every bit as cute :)