PDA

View Full Version : Frisco's bleeding! Help!

wolfsoul
06-23-2003, 11:23 PM
Frisco is peeing blood. I have blood on my shirt! He has blood around his penis and on his underside too! I checked his cage, and there is bloody pee there too. It's not dark red, because it isn't pure blood, it is mixed with the urine. I don't know what to do! :(

I checked Icarus's cage, he doesn't have any blood.

I haven't been doing anything different today, except I forgot to change his water this morning. It had the tylan in it still, could that be it?! Please help!

Kfamr
06-23-2003, 11:35 PM
Take him to the vet?

wolfsoul
06-23-2003, 11:43 PM
The vet isn't open at this hour :( It's almost ten o'clock here. The emergency vet also charges almost twice what a regular vet would, and my mom won't give me the money :( :( :( I called to see if they would see him for free and let me pay later, and they said no, and that it doesn't seem like it's an emergency.

wolf_Q
06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
Well if you can't get him to an emergency vet that I'd make sure you get him in a regular vet first thing in the morning. Call all the vets in your phonebook...many of them have recordings that say their hours.

Kfamr
06-23-2003, 11:53 PM
I don't know what to say or have you do then.. there's not much I can do miles away, Sorry. Are you sure he's actually peeing blood? Have you cleaned up around it's privates to see if there's a wound that make he's gotten cut on the bedding or cage or anything else he's in?

wolfsoul
06-23-2003, 11:59 PM
I'm sure he's peeing blood...I brought him out of his cage and hugged him and I felt him pee on me so I put him down. He crawled across my leg, scent marking me all the way (as usual :rolleyes: ). I didn't notice at first because on my leg you couldn't really see it, it's so diluted. But when I looked at my white shirt, I could see it. Then I looked at his cage, and he had red pee on the surface on the tray..

I'm calling the vets straight in the morning! I hope they can give me an answer as to why this is happening :( I hope it wasn't from the tylan, than it would be all my fault :(

tikeyas_mom
06-24-2003, 01:26 AM
I dought you forgetting to change his water one day would make him pee blood. He has a bladder infection, or he has hurt himself in the genital area. Try to keep it clean and just phone the vets in the morning, dont sweat it, it'll be ok!

CathyBogart
06-24-2003, 01:53 AM
I'm posting your question on the RFC boards, I'll link you to the post.

Edit: here it is-

http://www.goosemoose.com/rfc/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=8082

wolfsoul
06-24-2003, 12:54 PM
Thanks for the thread Wolfchan. :)

The vets are full until next week, I can't go until then. Does anyone know of anything that can help until then?

iceyshiver21
06-24-2003, 11:13 PM
Do you have any small vets around you or know anyone who could take a look at the little guy. I know that with our vet you can just walk right in...it doesn't mean they'll get to you right away, but they will get to you even if they have to stay after...talk about dedicated...

wolfsoul
06-24-2003, 11:39 PM
Yes, but they are in another city, and cost alot :(

I've decided to get a urine sample and take it in. That way the vet can look at it whenever he wants. I just have to figure out HOW TO GET HIM TO PEE IN THE STUPID CUP!! :rolleyes: :o

CathyBogart
06-25-2003, 01:21 AM
LoL, Oh geez, that WOULD be frustrating! Now I'm pondering how I would get a urine sample from one of my ratties....Maybe put him in an aquarium with no substrate and give him very watery food? It shouldn't take too long...

Or just cut out the sections of your clothes that get marked! *chuckles*