PDA

View Full Version : New foster dog!

Glacier
06-23-2003, 03:35 PM
Chase arrived here late yesterday afternoon. He almost broke my heart before he even got out of the shelter building. Chase is approximately two years old and has spent 14 months in the shelter. He knew that it wasn't his turn to go outside. It was a huge fight to get him to leave. How sad that a shelter is the only safe home he's ever known.

Put him in the foster dog isolation pen--where he can see my crew through the fence, but no chance to scrap. He seemed to be happy enough there so I went inside to make dinner while he checked out his new space. Shortly after, HUGE commotion from the dog run area. Go running outside to find Chase and Raven desperately trying to play through the fence. They were
best buddies when they both were shelter residents. However, Raven's been with us for seven months. I thought they would have to be reintroduced just like dogs who had never met. Nope! They clearly remember each other. Anyone who thinks dogs don't love should have seen these two when I put them
in the same pen! There was much howling, play bowing, licking, pure joy at seeing an old friend again! They slept curled up together in a big ball of black & white fur!

Chase is a husky mix--who knows what the mix is. He's black and white with brown eyes...legs that are way too long, ears are too big for his head and his tail is so long it makes an extra curl when he carries it up! But he's adorable and very sweet. A little timid, but not like Delta and Antare were when they arrived. He's a little lanky, but he's got a nice stride on him and should be a good skijoring dog.

http://www.seemesmile.com/photos4/3027345a.jpg

aly
06-23-2003, 03:42 PM
!!!!!!!!! That is the sweetest story! I have tears pouring down my face. Awww!

He's so GORGEOUS! I love those long legs! Maybe he's got some kind of shepherd in him or something.

apcrs5122
06-23-2003, 03:56 PM
OMG! He is gorgeous! I love the story, and I'm so happy they remember each other. I love the long legs and big ears. I can't believe how beautiful he is!

lovemyshiba
06-23-2003, 06:28 PM
What a beautiful story about Chase and Raven--when Chase was a little scared of his new place, he found a friend to keep him safe--how wonderful.

He is gorgeous!!!

micki76
06-23-2003, 08:59 PM
What a wonderful thing to meet up with an old friend. They both thought they'd never see each other again! Fantastic of you to rescue him. :D He's a beauty, and I agree with Aly that he looks like maybe there's some shepherd.

KYS
06-23-2003, 09:25 PM
That was a wonderful story.
I truely believe that dogs remember and
that Chase and Raven remembered each-other.
I am so happy for both of them.
I agree with Aly, I wonder if he has some Shepherd
in him?

Steffi N
06-23-2003, 10:05 PM
What a touching--and heartwarming--story.
How is sweet Felicia doing?

captain
06-23-2003, 10:09 PM
What a wonderful thing you have done. Not only are you fostering beautiful Chase ........ but now you have reunited him with his long lost buddy Raven.!!!

How gorgeous :)

Glacier
06-24-2003, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by Steffi N
What a touching--and heartwarming--story.
How is sweet Felicia doing?

Felicia is doing great! Into everything and causing trouble all over, but sweet and cute! Just like a kitten should be!

mugsy
06-24-2003, 12:43 AM
What a beauty!! Thanks for saving him.

GSDgurl
06-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Awww....What a wonderful story~!!!

Chase is a handsome young boy~!

Thanx for sharing~!:D

ramanth
06-25-2003, 09:23 AM
He's so gorgeous!!! :D

I do hope he finds a forever home soon. :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-25-2003, 10:04 AM
How wonderful that Raven was there to help Chase through a nervous time. That story made me cry, too! Thank you so much for protecting these sweethearts and helping them find forever homes!

anna_66
06-25-2003, 12:26 PM
Chase is stunning!

Your story of Chase & Raven was great, I could just see the 2 of them so happily playing together:D

Thanks for letting us see your new foster baby!

Tonya
06-25-2003, 01:31 PM
That story melted my heart! That is wonderful that Chase could find comfort in his old buddy so quickly. I think Chase is part giraffe. hehe. Those are some loooong legs! He's a handsome feller.