PDA

View Full Version : Eau de Skylar

aly
06-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Ok, I had a very rude awakening at 6:30 this morning. The kittens had been playing all night long so it seems like I was in a half awake/half asleep state the whole night. They got a lot of sleep while I was gone during the day yesterday so their energy was nonstop. Anyway, at 6:30, my neck starts to feel very warm ... and WET. I sit up fast and grab the kitty that was near my neck. It was Skylar, and he was PEEING ON ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe it. I ran him in the bathroom and shut him in there with his litter box. I heard him scratching around in it and let him out when he was done.

I am thinking he was just playing so hard, and had to go so bad that he forgot where the box is and squatted where he was. At least I HOPE he didn't mean to pee on ME. Now I'm afraid he's peed somewhere else before. I don't want my apartment to start smelling like pee so I guess I'm going to get a blacklight to search for peepee spots.

My goodness.. this is the first cat who's peed on me! I've been peed on by a couple of my bottle babies... oh wait, there was just one who peed on me as a baby... and it was SKYLAR!

ScantyNebula
06-23-2003, 10:07 AM
SKYLAR!! Meowmies neck is not your litterbox honey! Oh boy, lets just hope that he was overexcited or something ...how odd tho - peeing on your neck?? I couldn't help but laugh a bit, sorry, its just so strange. Silly Skylar! I guess one of PT's kitty experts will have an idea as to why he may be doing this!

kimlovescats
06-23-2003, 11:43 AM
Ut-oh!!! My experience is that whenever a kitty pees somewhere once, he will go back there again.:eek: Probably won't be your neck, but possibly the bed or your pillow....anything with the urine smell in it! My kittens were caught peeing in the corner under my computer desk as infants .... even now, they will try and sneak under there and I have to grab them and show them to the box. It's a convenience thing most of the time!:rolleyes:
This probably sounds crazy .... and doesn't even make real sense to me .... :eek: ....... but I swear I don't ever smell when a cat has just peed on something (that is, AFTER it's cleaned) ..... but if a cat actually SPRAYS (on purpose, as in a male marking territory) THAT is nearly impossible to get rid of!!! I thought both were urine, so why would one smell worse than the other?

Oh well, try not to panic ... just buy a good enzymatic cleaner and try to keep that spot covered well so he doesn't smell it too easily again!

kath00
06-23-2003, 12:04 PM
Eau de Skylar ! :D Fraīche du matin! :D

A bit funny ;) I admit I would not like my kitty to pee on me :(

I wish it will never happen again !

Kfamr
06-23-2003, 12:57 PM
Ewwww!!!!

is he turning into a little R.Kelly? :o :o :o

NoahsMommy
06-23-2003, 01:58 PM
Skylar!!! However soft and nice mama is, she is not a good place to pee! Silly boy....

Poor Aly! :eek:

aly
06-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Kim - I think it all landed on ME and my shirt, but I still put my pillowcases and sheets through the wash. I use Nature's Miracle for pee spots and it tends to work really well. I don't think Skylar sprayed, I think it was pee because it was a lot, EWWW. I keep having flashbacks of pee dribbling down my neck all day!

KayAnn, you're a bad girl :)

I'm glad it was Skylar and not Lily or else Johanna might kill me for sending her a cat who likes to pee on necks! :D

ScantyNebula
06-23-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by aly

I'm glad it was Skylar and not Lily or else Johanna might kill me for sending her a cat who likes to pee on necks! :D [/B]

ROFL Yes ..It all makes sense now! all this time you were scheming to get me to take Lily so you wouldn't have to deal with her random urinating anymore! ;) Well Aly lets hope Skylar leaves you dry tonight ... :rolleyes: ALSO, lets hope Lily doesn't pull a "monkey see monkey do" from Skylar! LOL

Miss Meow
06-23-2003, 05:17 PM
Ewwwww, hope my cats don't read this thread! :D

Nomilynn
06-23-2003, 07:18 PM
EEEEEEWWW That is so yucky!

Aly you better have some cake to make you feel better ;) :D

I hope it was a one time thing.. that he waited until the last minute and couldn't hold it anymore... icky!!!

Good luck with Mr. Pissy Pants!! :eek: :D

Vio&Juni
06-24-2003, 06:05 AM
One hot summer day my sister fell asleep on the couch in the living room and woke up because she felt something warm and wet on her feet. It was Vasea :eek:

HayleyRosie
06-24-2003, 11:16 AM
On my! I really hope that don't happen again.

06-24-2003, 11:23 AM
OMG, please forgive for bursting out laughing....:D ! Poor Aly, that must have been so yuckie... guess you took a good long shower after that, hey?! Silly Skylar, your mommy's neck is not meant to be peed on; now, be a good cat and give her a nice lick and head-bumpie:) :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
06-25-2003, 12:33 AM
Sorry Aly but I also had to laugh. :D Hopefully this was a one time thing. Good luck. :)

IttyBittyKitty
06-25-2003, 06:59 AM
I'm sorry too, but that is just soooo funny! Skylar, you naughty boy!!! I had a cat who once did a diahorrea on the bed while I was in it. Now THAT was GROSS!!!!!!!

aly
06-25-2003, 08:59 AM
Hey, don't worry guys. Just wait until all your cats pee on YOUR neck. Then *I* will be the one laughing! Muahahaha ;)

Pixel - I have been diarrhea'd on by a shelter cat :eek: :eek: I was holding her for someone and a big dog walked around the corner. She jumped to my head, and then I was COVERED in ickiness :eek:

Good news about Skylar though! I thought I got peed on again but it was just a dream! And during the night he slept by me and I heard him get up and go find his litter box.. YAY!

IttyBittyKitty
06-26-2003, 06:01 AM
LOL Aly that reminds me of a funny story....

We had decided to adopt a new cat, and my cousin's cat had just had kittens. At this stage, the babies were about six weeks old, not quite ready to go home and we were over there just visiting. Anyway, one of the kittens decided to climb the screen door. She freaked out when she got to the top and did a big runny one alllll the way down the door .... ick!