PDA

View Full Version : Hamster question..

wolfsoul
06-22-2003, 10:52 PM
My aunt got a hamster for my cousins a couple of weeks ago. He's a very sweet syrian black bear hamster who the old owner was just going to throw in the backyard to fend for itself because no one answered her ad! :mad: Luckily my aunt answered the ad just in time!

I gave her the basics in hamster care, even if I'm not that much of a hammy whiz, I do know the important stuff.

But she was wondering what to give Ringo (the hammy) to chew on. She says that he chews on the cage bars. I told her that most hamsters do that. I said she could try and get some wood, but that alot of hamsters ignore it...So I told her to give it half a small dog biscuit a day...What else should it have to chew on? :confused: I remember there was something else....but I forget what it is! :o

also, any important things that she should know, tell me. I've already talked to her about bedding, food, handling...the basics. Anything else she needs to know that isn't common sense?

tikeyas_mom
06-23-2003, 02:38 AM
nothing really. I think your aunt will be just fine with her new friend. Ringo is a cute name to. I give my hamsters a dog biscuit each lol they love it. espesially milk bones !!