PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever seen the movie "Malice" with Alec Baldwin and Nicole Kidman??

moosmom
06-22-2003, 07:33 PM
If so, I have a question. I watched it yesterday and don't understand the connection between the 10 year old kid that lived next door to them and why she tried to kill him in the end???

Anyone know the answer? Good movie, btw.

bnormal
06-23-2003, 10:16 AM
It's been awhile since i've seen the movie, however, In a scene early in the movie Pullman and kidman noticed that the neighbor kid while playing piano in his room could see them through the window in their bedroom.

This made Pullman think later that to trap kidman he would make her think the kid had seen her and baldwin together.

I think that was the reason...i thought it was a decent movie...didn't Gwyneth Paltrow play the college girl who was murdered?

bnormal
06-23-2003, 10:32 AM
It's been awhile since i've seen the movie, however, In a scene early in the movie Pullman and kidman noticed that the neighbor kid while playing piano in his room could see them through the window in their bedroom.

This made Pullman think later that to trap kidman he would make her think the kid had seen her and baldwin together.

I think that was the reason...i thought it was a decent movie...didn't Gwyneth Paltrow play the college girl who was murdered?

moosmom
06-23-2003, 07:04 PM
Ah! Now I got it. Yes, Gwyneth Paltrow did play the college girl. At the end of the movie, when they arrest Kidman for attempting to kill the kid (it was actually a CPR dummy), it's revealed that the kid was blind!!

Thanks for setting me straight guys.

babolaypo65
06-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Yep, that's it. That was a fun movie. I think they thought he could see her and Baldwin together and that they could see her injecting the meds that caused the ovary failure.

bnormal
06-23-2003, 08:44 PM
Geez, you guys have great memories...I forgot that the kid was actually blind!

:D :D :D