PDA

View Full Version : Too many sick kitties! :(

NoahsMommy
06-22-2003, 02:24 PM
Seems as though, since the cats where boarded last week, they've been nothing but sick! :(

You all know of Hermoine's scare, but Olivia has been sneezing a lot since then. I tried giving her a small dose of Benadryl to see if it was allergies; it didn't work. I gave her some amoxacilin (spelling?) this morning to see if that'll help her.

She's been kept indoors, no cat enclosure for her.

I have Noah, Noel and Basie out there and I heard sneezes from Noah as well...this just started today. So, he got a mouthful of amoxacilin too!

Gosh, this better work! After spending over $300 on Hermoine's scare and another $140 on her initial visit and Micah's new food, we are broke vet-wise! Glad I'm helping to put their children through college!! ;)

L. Wayne
06-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Noaha's Mommy, Fawn my part Abyssinian has been sneezing beginning yesterday, espceically in the mornings. Although he is prone to sneezing bouts, the last two days have been particularly bad. I have come to the conclusion that the problem is an alergy -something in the air, especially after a new weather front has come through our local area. My younger kittens, Callie and Jumper. still have conunctivitis or clymedia, (which ever it is) in their eyes, but as long as they are running, jumping and playing with Solstice and Summer, I do not worry about them getting worse, even though it is necessary to give them terramycin each morning.:)

PayItForward
06-22-2003, 02:37 PM
Kelly,

Poor furkids, I'm thinking of them. Get better very soon little ones.

On the bright side, as you/furkids have had several years worth of ill health. You are ALL due some good luck & good health for the future. (Many fingers and paws crossed)

kimlovescats
06-22-2003, 02:43 PM
Oh, hopefully it is just allergies!!! My Grace has been sneezing her head off again too ... but I don't see any drainage from her nose or eyes ... so I praying it is allergies as well!

Now, also, my Tucker is going BALD!!! I don't what the heck is wrong, but all of his fur is falling out ... my beautiful black and white boy!!! I recently put the new Revolution flea, tick, worm, earmite treatment on him, and that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing this!!! It's always something!!!:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-22-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Oh, hopefully it is just allergies!!! My Grace has been sneezing her head off again too ... but I don't see any drainage from her nose or eyes ... so I praying it is allergies as well!

Now, also, my Tucker is going BALD!!! I don't what the heck is wrong, but all of his fur is falling out ... my beautiful black and white boy!!! I recently put the new Revolution flea, tick, worm, earmite treatment on him, and that's the only thing I can think of that could be causing this!!! It's always something!!!:rolleyes:
Oh good...I sure hope its allergies. Olivia and Noah don't have any eye drainage or any other symptoms. Thank goodness! :)

Poor Tucker! Maybe a (eek) bath can help?

krazyaboutkatz
06-22-2003, 09:38 PM
Kelly, I sure hope that it's nothing serious. I guess I missed the thread about your scare with baby Hermie. :( My Sunny goes through periods of sneezing too and it's just allergies. My new furkid Sky will also sometimes sneeze sometimes. I watch them carefully and have learned not to overreact. As long as they're acting normally and are eating and drinking I don't worry too much. Cats may seem expensive when they're sick but they're not as expensive as skinkids in the long run. :)