PDA

View Full Version : 12 week (?) old, female, pit-mix(?)...

Cataholic
06-22-2003, 11:34 AM
Hi. My sister discovered this cute little female pit-mix in front of her garage. The only reason we think she might have pitty in her is because of the neon pink gums. If she does have any pit in her, it is very faint. I say this not because I, personally, have any issue with pits, but, because so many others seem prejudiced against them. She is well fed, NOT vet checked, good with other mammoth sized mules, children, did well in the bath, and seems fairly potty trained. She is the little black and white doggie(maybe 25 pounds?) in the photo. Her size is relative, as the other two are, uh, large breeds. He he he. My sister cannot keep her as she is chock full of dogs, cats and kids right now. Plus, her husband is putting his foot down.

My sister intends to take her to the shelter tomorrow, but, I thought I would spread the word......we WILL transport to most anywhere.....we live in Cincinnati, Ohio. We are closest to Indiana, Kentucky, West Virginia, then, say, Michigan. But, we will transport.

Can anyone help us out?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pdbf40bd21b36abca899bdc55896d0c13/fbde04c6.jpg

wolfsoul
06-22-2003, 01:01 PM
She's such a cutie! I wish I could help. Why not call the shelter and see if someone has been looking for her? I would be missing her....How do you know she isn't vet checked? :confused:

She looks like maybe she has some dal or catahoula? She reminds me alot of Spot. :)

Good luck!

Cincy'sMom
06-22-2003, 01:30 PM
Oh Johanna, she's sooo cute!!! She looks like a mix of Spot and Snoopy!!! Maybe Molly and Vicki can take her?

Maybe since she looks like she's being fed you should wait a few days before transporting her out the of the area? Check with area vet offices/shelters make sure she isn't somebody's before she gets adopted out.

Did I mention, she is soooo adorable!!

Cataholic
06-22-2003, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
....How do you know she isn't vet checked? :confused:
Good luck!

We didn't take her to the vet...so we don't know if she is vet checked....

Cincy's mom- I suggested to my sister that she wait a day or two and see if she is reported missing...but, she seems to think she was dumped. Her area (and her doorstep) seems to have alot of this type of activity.

Cataholic
06-22-2003, 05:00 PM
Come on, guys, I need your help!!

CamCamPup33
06-22-2003, 05:01 PM
i wish i could help you catnip!! i dont think my parents will go for another dog so soon and im do not live that close to you!! im sorry! :(

Vermontcat
06-22-2003, 09:33 PM
Are you sure you don't want to keep her yourself Cataholic?
It looks like Binx likes her in the photo, he is rubbing noses with her.
I also think she would go great with all of your tux kitties, keeping that black and white color thing going.;)

If you can't keep her have you asked Mugsy for help yet?

captain
06-22-2003, 09:35 PM
Oh, oh ........... what about travelling her to Australia????? :D

Bugger the husband, I would take her in a second!!!!

If DeliDog had not rescued precious Hobo, I would be putting the hard word on her for this one ...............

Kfamr
06-22-2003, 09:41 PM
Has your sister asked around seeing if anyone lost a puppy?

luckies4me
06-22-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul

She looks like maybe she has some dal or catahoula? She reminds me alot of Spot. :)

Good luck!

That's exactly what I was thinking!! Also maybe a chance of Cattle Dog?

She looks VERY well fed and healthy, so she just might belong to somebody. I know I would be very upset if I lost my pup and someone gave her away. I do think you should keep her too though, if she doesn't have an owner.

Come on, you KNOW you want her. This was just your way of sneaking in a cute picture of her beforehand, lol. :p :D ;)

I would take her in a heartbeat, but I am too far away. :( And well now that we also have a Boxer (bad Morgan!) I am pretty full here at the Kraegenbrink household.

Foam
06-23-2003, 05:44 AM
Hey, I might actually be serious about this!
Would she still be available in about a month?
That's when everbody will be home and ready to bond.
We are looking for another dog..
I live in Phoenix, Arizona.
She's adorable!
If she's still available in about a month, be sure to contact me ASAP! Thanks! :)

mugsy
06-23-2003, 05:54 AM
Jo,

I just got your email and saw this post this morning (at 5:30 when I got up to let the dogs out! lol). I have emailed your info to all my rescue people. I don't know if Vicki can take her right now. The building is coming along, albeit slowly and she doesn't have anymore crates right now, nor does she have anymore room in her house! However, I will talk to her today about it.

Molly

Cataholic
06-23-2003, 08:48 AM
My sister, the biggest lurker in the world, told me to tell you all that she is looking for its owner. She and her husband went around last night to some of the local spots, will be calling the two closest vets (there aren't any more local vets...they are country folks..he he), putting up a few signs, etc. She definetely is well fed. Sister and husband both commented on this. But, 12 weeks is also the time people begin dumping pups..they have lost alot of cuteness, aren't dependent on the momma, etc.

So, rest assured, my sister is not looking to steal away someone's doggie...BUT, on the same token...it has been a few days now, and no one is out looking for her......

anna_66
06-23-2003, 08:58 AM
Oh Johanna, what a cutie pie! I sure do hope that someone is missing her & she's not been dumped (doesn't sound like the case though). Has she tried putting up any fliers on telephone poles, at grocery's, pet stores, etc.? Maybe this would help?
If you can't find the owners, hopefully someone will want to take that adorable little cutie home (wish it could be me;) )

Cataholic
06-23-2003, 11:38 AM
This just in...I(my sister) took her to the vet, and he sees no pit in her at all. apparently other dogs have neon pink mouths. flax!!! his best guess is maybe BIRD DOG/ DALMATION/GREAT DANE mix...he thought the head/ears were dane-like! he says i should tell the harlequin(Harlequin Hotel Rescue, for Danes and St. Bs) folks that she's a dane mix.

If I continue to foster her, she got her 1st shots & wormer, & goes back for a booster (& rabies) in 3 weeks. she weighs 25 lbs., and he said she seemed healthy enough. he thinks she will be a pretty big dog. he put her age at between 3-4 months...he said it's hard to pinpoint until permanent teeth start cutting, and she has only baby teeth now.

wolfsoul
06-23-2003, 02:03 PM
I don't see any dane lol, but I can see some pointer definatly! Great news that you got her to the vet! I hope that you find her a forever home. :)

mugsy
06-23-2003, 11:52 PM
I haven't heard back from any of my contacts yet. I don't think we can take her until we get the kennels in the new building up. But, I will ask Vicki woman!

Cataholic
06-24-2003, 12:47 PM
Well, I took a crate out to my sister's last night, so that 'Sugar' has an inside place to sleep, and won't be left outside, where the silly little girl can escape under the fence.

Why she would want to escape from my sister's place is unknown. She has great foster parents, two wonderful doggie friends, three cats to get to know, and a POND! I can't load the photos yet, but, she jumped into the water, swam up to get on the rotties back!!!! and, then swam back to shore. She swims like a champ. (Yup, we were watching her the whole time, just in case...)

Cinder & Smoke
06-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
... My sister cannot keep her :eek: :(
as she is chock full of dogs, cats and kids right now.

Plus, her husband is putting his foot down. :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pdbf40bd21b36abca899bdc55896d0c13/fbde04c6.jpg

"Plus, her husband is putting his foot down."

Uhhhh... SO!?? :confused:

It'z Hiz Foot - guess he kan "put it down" enniewhere he wuntz!

Whass dat got to do wiff givin "Sugar" a nice New Home
ta go wiff her New Name?
Three Katz; prolly otta have Three Dawgz ta keep thingz in Balance.

If Hubby tinkz da Howze mite be too krowded wiff "Sugar", s'poze
Hubster kuld try sleepin inna Garage? :rolleyes:

Just a Thought... :p

lovemyshiba
06-24-2003, 01:49 PM
lol at Cinder and Smoke:D

What a little cutie pie she is--I guess your sister's doorstep is the place for wayward pups!!!

The rottie is simply stunning too--if you have any, post some pics when you can!!

I hope Sugar can find a forever home soon!!!!!

captain
06-24-2003, 06:55 PM
Phred,

I am printing your comments out to show my hubbie for when he puts his foot down ............ and the sign that will point him to the garage!!!!! :p

4 Dog Mother
06-24-2003, 09:11 PM
OMG! Sugar does look like Spot and Snoopy! I showed her to my husband and he says no, no and no!!! So I told him about Phred's comment that he could put his foot anywhere he wants and that he could sleep in the garage if he thought the house was getting too crowded. His only comment was "hubster?" But I think he still means no. And I will have to admit another puppy might drive him to the brink. Snoopy is still quite hyper and can get all of them going sometimes. The house quickly becomes a race course and look out cause they will run you over. And taking 5 dogs to teh dog park is an interesting trip every evening.

How is Sugar as far as activity? Dals can be pretty hyper. (Let's see I have 3 males and 2 females and Sugar is a female.... but neither Carl or I have jobs and food, spaying, another crate, well, I guess right now isn't really a great time to add another dog.)

Hope Sugar finds a new home soon!

captain
06-25-2003, 12:39 AM
4 Dog Mother - trying to talk yourself out of it is really hard, isn't it!!?

Fingers crossed too.:D

Cinder & Smoke
06-25-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by 4 Dog Mother
... And taking 5 dogs to the dog park is
an interesting trip every evening.

...well, I guess right now isn't really a great time
to add another dog...

from Captain
4 Dog Mother -
trying to talk yourself out of it is really hard, isn't it!!?

Butttt...
She dint zaktly say "*no*", did she? :confused:

:D

Stick around, "Sugar" ~ We'z werkin on this! :p