PDA

View Full Version : What papers is a purebred dog supposed to have?

*LabLoverKEB*
11-16-2001, 01:08 PM
I don't know the name's of the papers, you were supposed to get from the breeder, if your dog is purebred! Can anybody help me?

Thanks! :)

Logan
11-16-2001, 02:49 PM
Hi Sarah. The registration papers are supplied by the breeder or previous owner. You have to fill in some additional information, and they are sent to the American Kennel Club (AKC) for registration. Both Honey and Lilly are registered Golden Retrievers. But I've decided that unless you have show dogs or are a serious breeder, the papers don't mean much at all. Doesn't matter if you just love you pup the way most of us do! :D

kobieeli
11-16-2001, 03:08 PM
You said it, Logan--love your pooch regardless of the papers s/he has! :D Still, most breeders would give you the AKC registration papers, and also any registration papers for the particular national breed club the dog would belong to as well. I only know about the ASCA (Australian Shepherd Club of America), but there's others for each specific breed.

*LabLoverKEB*
11-16-2001, 04:01 PM
Thanks Logan, and Kobieeli!!! ;) I found Sadie's Pedigree this morning, and filled in some of it... all I really need is her parents history!

Thanks again! ;)
Sarah & Sadie*