PDA

View Full Version : exactly what I needed....

wolf_Q
06-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Ack, today i was getting this huge lab in a kennel...he jerked on the leash, and i slipped on the wet floor....cement floor....wrist broke my fall. It hurt so badly i ended up reporting it and went to the hospital. They dont think its broken but it's quite swollen and it hurts to bend it so i have to wear this brace.

Just what I needed..it's my right one and i'm right handed. Can't groom dogs without a working wrist lol...not to mention I was working on several Pet Portraits and I have this new computer i wanted to mess with.

There's my whiney complaint of the day...sorry. :o So i wont be replying on PT much for a while. Its entirely too much effort to type!

shais_mom
06-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Sorry to Hear that Amy.
Keep in mind
keep ice and heat on it alternatively. Will help with the swelling. No more than 20 min each.
Take your pain pills like a good girl.
If it continues to bother you in a week or 2 go back to the doctor, sometimes hairline fractures can show up then.
Pet Nebo with your LEFT hand!

Kater
06-21-2003, 01:38 AM
Awww, Amy! That vacuums! ;) Maybe you could look at it as being forced to relax? I would "milk" it a bit if I were you. And I agree, remember to pet Nebo with the left! :D Feel better soon!!!

Nomilynn
06-21-2003, 01:43 AM
Poor Amy!!! I hope you feel better soon! :) I'm sure Nebo will give you lots of extra hugs :)

Miss Meow
06-21-2003, 03:20 AM
Oh, no! Get well soon.

Cheshirekatt
06-21-2003, 03:25 AM
Ugh! Isn't that just sooooo frustrating? I hope it all works out for you and please take it easy for a while and let it heal. :D

gkristian
06-21-2003, 03:31 AM
Oh, no!
I hope you get well soon.

IttyBittyKitty
06-21-2003, 07:27 AM
That's awful!

When my brother was about 14, he broke BOTH of his wrists at once! :eek: :eek:

He had to have Mum bathe him with garbage bags over his hands!

I hope you get better soon, Amy!

KYS
06-21-2003, 09:43 AM
So sorry wolf_Q,
Thankgoodness it is not broken, but I am shure
it hurts just as bad.
Right hand, thats the worst luck for us right handed
people.
Keep ice on it, and hopefully in a few days, it will feel much better.

RubyMutt
06-21-2003, 11:38 AM
:( I'm so sorry, Amy :( I hope Nebo gives it lots of puppy kisses! They work wonders on wounds! :D I hope it feels better soon!

lovemyshiba
06-21-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Kater
Awww, Amy! That vacuums! ;)

lol, Kate!!!
I'm sorry Amy!! I know how much it hurts:( I broke my wrist when I was only 2 years old, helping my dad wash dishes, and then I did it again when I was 18--I fell off a chair--not my shining moment!!! I was in school at the time, and I had to defer for the semester--I couldn't do any of my work!!!!

I hope it heals fast, and that your 3 nurses are being gentle with you!!!

anna_66
06-21-2003, 01:00 PM
I understand exactly how you feel. I've broken my right wrist twice, and I'm right handed too.
I agree, this gives you time to rest and relax, take advantage of it!
Hope the swelling goes down soon.
Take care & let your nurses do their jobs:D

iceyshiver21
06-21-2003, 01:11 PM
So sorry to hear that Amy!! But like said above it is a good rest...next you could try for breaking you ankle though then you get slaves!! ;)

zippy-kat
06-21-2003, 07:17 PM
Awww poor, Amy!!

Not to freak you out but you might have your wrist checked again in a few days. Fractures can sometimes take a bit to appear.

Thinkin' of ya ~ Hope ya aren't in any pain!!

lizbud
06-21-2003, 08:01 PM
Oh wow, sorry to hear about your accident.:(
I hope this heals quickly for you with no problems. Like Zippy
said , depending on how you feel, you might want to get the
wrist checked again in a few days. Rest & take it easy for
awhile.

shais_mom
06-21-2003, 11:50 PM
-K- That is 3 people that have told you to get it checked again in a few days/ a week. Why don't you come to OH and I will do it for you!! ;)

popcornbird
06-22-2003, 02:27 AM
Awwwww poor you! I'm so sorry you had to get hurt so badly. :( Take care of that wrist of your's, and get well soon!

wolf_Q
06-22-2003, 02:40 AM
Staci I'd be glad to take you up on that offer.......does it also come with airfare??

Thanks for the get-well wishes guys....I am wondering if it may be broken.......I did break my arm (same one) several years ago and it feels similar. I can't hardly bend it at all. Though I've never had a bad sprain either so I'm not sure!

HoRsELUvR
06-22-2003, 09:30 AM
ouch!im sorry you got hurt and i hope you get better soon.

Jessica12345
06-22-2003, 06:34 PM
aww:( so sorry to hear that amy.

GET WELL SOON! :)

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-22-2003, 08:40 PM
Ouch! *cringe*

That sucks! I'm glad I am a leftie, but I guess I... okay, I'm not making sense... I hate being left handed. You know how many times I've been told I will die 10 years before them????? Ugh... What does it matter??

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But anyway, get better soon! It sounds like it hurts! And your hands are the part of your body you use most... Your minus one!