PDA

View Full Version : Heeeerrrreee's Bruce (pix) :)

micki76
06-20-2003, 08:59 PM
Here's Bruce the pitty that's currently in my backyard pen! He's a beautiful 7 mo old registered pittbull. He's sweet as can be!! Very playful.
Long story short, someone brought him top work to give away and the hispanic laborers were going to take him and fight him. I said no way in hell, and put him in my car and took him home. Chester wants to eat him and Millie's terrified. Granny Dog could care less.

Anyway, here's some pix:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pc1b682b4a114231fd7b32d93d6f9d5a6/fbe0c99e.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pd0e5e0a67c8d99c5748919a105ed9446/fbe0c9c8.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pe0b8caecaf9130369d74305322f0cabd/fbe0ca86.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/pbb913f65ae80f818c83530a3d1d3e7fe/fbe0cadc.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p70af62698eff9ba3f8270aa98cdac718/fbe0c8f3.jpg

This is the fenced area he's in:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p2b4013424e7b5c2618d7fc3143edef7a/fbe0c929.jpg

LoudLou
06-20-2003, 09:04 PM
Aww, Bruce you are adorable. Just wanna kiss that cute face. Poor baby has some owies...:(

Tina
06-20-2003, 09:12 PM
Poor Bruce! I'm so glad that you spoke up and took the poor guy home with you. He looks so sweet:)

gkristian
06-20-2003, 09:13 PM
OMG Bruce is sooooo CUTE

Kfamr
06-20-2003, 09:23 PM
OMGGG. He is too damn adorable. Poor baby. LOL... It's funny how such a small dog wants to eat a dog bigger than him :p Do you know what you're going to do with him? Know of any friends that want a doggie? :D

micki76
06-20-2003, 09:42 PM
Oh Kayann, I just have no idea. We're going to work with Chester and him this weekend. I'm also contacting every rescue group I can find. *sigh* They're all full. He's so sweet and I feel so bad for him.
We bought him a collar & leash and some chewies. We have no doghouse for him to sleep in though, so we may try to bring him in to sleep in the crate tonight and see how Chester does with him in the spare bedroom. Sounds so silly, but I don't trust Chester! He will attack Bruce or any other large dog, and then he'd be the one to get hurt. So stupid! :D

aly
06-20-2003, 10:26 PM
Micki, you're such an angel. He is soooooooooo sweet. The girl who works in receiving at my shelter is a Pit LOVER to the max so I'm pretty sure I could get him in. If not, the there's the rescue group here that would probably take him. I pm'd you with their website. I'll help in any way I can so please don't hesitate to ask!

If you're not on the computer tonight, then call me tomorrow!

Airedalekisses
06-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Why can't there be more people like you-the world would be a better place!:D

anna_66
06-20-2003, 10:33 PM
He's just beautiful! I'm so glad you spoke up & took him home:D
Your just awesome!

I swear those little doggies just think they can kick anyone's butt don't they;)

I understand about all the shelters being full, I tried to contact quite a few & got the same answers as you did. I sure hope between you & aly he can find a great home. Good Luck, and thanks for being Bruce's guardian angel:D

Cincy'sMom
06-20-2003, 10:44 PM
What a cutie!!! Such a sweet face!!! His scars give him character :) Hopefully one of Aly's leads will work out for him!

mugsy
06-20-2003, 11:10 PM
The idiots that fought that poor baby deserve to be thrown in the fighting ring as bait. He is such an adorable baby. Aly, I hope you can get him into your shelter. Micki, you are angel for saving the poor baby.

micki76
06-20-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Cincy'sMom
What a cutie!!! Such a sweet face!!! His scars give him character :) Hopefully one of Aly's leads will work out for him!

Most of his scars are actually still healing sores. We have cleaned them tonight and medicated them. They are from 'Bubba Joe' driving him around in the back of his pick up truck. Bruce fell out of the truck while 'Billy Bob' was driving! :eek: He has several places where he has road rash. :(

Oh BTW, you should gave seen him in my car! I drive a compact 4 dr and he just sat there like a human in the back seat. :) Such a sweetheart!
Uh oh, I feel that feeling coming on! Yikes! I think it's attachment!!! :eek: :eek:!!!

RubyMutt
06-21-2003, 12:48 AM
What a cutie! How wonderful of you to take sweet Bruce under your wing :) I hope Chester eases up a little :( Poor guy. I once had a tiny miniature schnauzer who would've taken on any dog ten times her size :rolleyes: Little dogs can have so much spunk :) I hope all goes well! Keep us posted & keep those photos coming! ;)

Kater
06-21-2003, 02:05 AM
Road Rash?!?! Ughhhh. Ouch! :mad: :mad: :mad: And that might not even be the worst he's seen. :( :( :(

But you stood up for sweet Bruce and he will go to a good home now! This is a wonderful course of action for this little darling. He deserves nothing less!

You have made this world a better place! Thank you for that! :D :D :D

qwas789
06-21-2003, 07:38 AM
You have made this world a better place! Thank you for that!

GREAT LINE KATER

tatsxxx11
06-21-2003, 09:39 AM
Micki, thank you so much for speaking up and giving Bruce a chance at a better life! He is beautiful! But seeing his sores infuriates me!:( Hoping that this very special, deserving boy finds his forever home very soon! :)

micki76
06-21-2003, 12:34 PM
Bruce and I went to the vet today and got shots. He's h/w neg and his fecal was neg, so we're in good shape. He's really great with Chester and Granny Dog LOVES him! :D She wants to cuddle up to him in the pen. :rolleyes: :D

This evening when it cools off (and Michael gets home from work), we're going to work some more with him and the little puppers and see how things go. If only Chester and Millie were more friendly and less ferocious! He's good and happy where he's at now, but I wish I could get him out of the heat. I guess he's used to it though. I've jimmy rigged a tarp for him for shade, at least.

Aly is working on a spot for him at her shelter. If she can adopt out one of the pits they have there, she can take Bruce. Keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer that she has some luck on that end.

Cheshirekatt
06-21-2003, 01:01 PM
Hi! He's beautiful, but I don't think he's full pitty! He looks like he's got some lab or something in him, too? :) Who's he registered with? Most of the "pitty registeries" are bunk....

He's gorgeous!

*keeping fingers crossed for space in shelter to open up*

Cincy'sMom
06-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Sounds like things are going well...good vet report...getting along with Chester, and a buddy for Granny! Fingers crossed things will keep going your way :)

lovemyshiba
06-21-2003, 01:23 PM
Bruce is handsome--I just love how he looks at the camera!!!
"Billy Bob" and "Bubba Joe" need a little road rash of their own--idiots:mad: :mad: :mad:
Thank you for being Bruce's guardian angel Micki--I'm sure he loves you for it. Cracks me up that you say Granny loves him--I can just see the two of them together--what an odd couple!!

So glad the vet visit went well--he's healthy despite the poor care he recieved-good for him.

I'll be saying prayers for him to get a good home, or at least a spot to wait until a good home comes around!!

iceyshiver21
06-21-2003, 01:37 PM
Oh Little Bruce...you may not have realized it but you've stubled apon an angel!

micki76
06-21-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
Hi! He's beautiful, but I don't think he's full pitty! He looks like he's got some lab or something in him, too? :) Who's he registered with? Most of the "pitty registeries" are bunk....

He's gorgeous!

*keeping fingers crossed for space in shelter to open up*

That's exactly what Dr. Hemple said too! She thinks he a lab/pit mix. I wondered too, since his head is SO small. I thought maybe it was just bad breeding (surprise!), especially since he has such a bad overbite.

I don't even know whom he's supposedly registered with. "Billy Bob" is supposed to bring me his papers this week, but I doubt he will. Loser.

I gave him a bath and now he smells like something alive instead of something dead. And he really liked the water. We are going tonight to get a doghouse and a wading pool. It's really hot and I think he'd get in the pool to cool off, since he keeps putting his butt, then his chin in his water bowl! Goofy! :p

And, guys, I'm no angel. I didn't do anything that any single one of you wouldn't have done, had you been in my shoes.

Cheshirekatt
06-21-2003, 04:07 PM
Ah ha! I know my pittys! LOL Well, if he's part lab I don't doubt for a second that he'll spend lots of time in the pool!

IMHO I think lab/pitty mixes are the best dogs ever. :D

kingrattus
06-21-2003, 10:56 PM
yay for rescuing bruce!

oooo lab/pitty mix!! My Max is a lab/pitty/rottie mix... i'm sure the lab in him will make him super friendly with ppl & pets, & the pitty will give him plenty of fun energy..

I wish I was near by, I'd take him in.