PDA

View Full Version : A Tragic Moment In My Life....

Violet
10-23-2001, 10:08 AM
Hey guys. I know it's been awhile since I've visited or posted. Sable had her puppies on Oct. 6 2001. But there is some very bad news. Remember the boyfriend I had, well we broke up again. This time for good. We've been broke up a month now and I took him to court to try to get my dogs back and I couldn't get them. Roxy and Rebel are no longer in my life. Being all the vet bills were in his name and he was the owner on their papers I could not get them, because I had no proof. I've been dwelling on nothing but the 5 pics I have of them. He didn't even care about the dogs in the first place. The only reason he wanted them is because I did. Excuse my language, but why does he have to be such an asshole! He took the 2 things that I love most in my life away from me. You cannot replace something that you love soo much. My new boyfriend offered to buy me another boxer, but I told him that I didn't want another one right now. I just need some time. I think the next boxer I get will be in my name and my name only. I can't go through another heartbreaking moment like this. Do you guys have and advice of how maybe I can get my 2 babies back. I despartly need them in my life. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me get them back. :(

ilovehounds
10-23-2001, 10:58 AM
Oh Im so sorry, this has to be so hard for you right now, we are all here for you, anything you need to talk about please do.

I'll tell ya a little story.

I had a horse, I sold it to some people who I thought would take very good care of him. But I was wrong they didn't, he came back home on his own and I decided to give them the money back for the horse and find him a better home. Anyway the point of my story... they got a friend of thiers who they thought I didn't know to come and try to buy the horse from me and if I sold it to them they would then give the horse back to the bad owners. fortunatly I was on to there game and didn't. But anyway, if your boyfriend doesn't care about the dogs only about hurting you and the money if you could get someone to go offer to buy the dogs for you then maybe he would sell them and then they would then sell them back to you and they would then be in your name. ?????

I know it sounds like a dirty trick but hey he deserves it.

shais_mom
10-23-2001, 11:29 AM
I am soooo sorry to hear this. I had feared this would happen to you. This is just awful.
I agree with Angie, could you get someone he doesn't know to offer to buy the dogs?
This is a control issue, its bad enough you had to lose Rebel #1 and go thru Roxy's false pregnancy, and now this.
Is he mistreating the dogs? Is there anyway you can prove it?
If you don't get the dogs back, I agree with you make sure the next ones are in your name and your name only.
Is there anyway you would want one of Sable's puppies?? It would be a part of Rebel.
This is just awful, I can't imagine what you are going thru.
I had been wondering about you, I was almost going to post again, "Where's Violet?"
Please know we are here for you in anyway possible, I just wish I could come and get those furfaces for you!! :(
You are in my thoughts and prayers.

DoggiesAreTheBest
10-23-2001, 11:32 AM
Hey! That sounds like a good idea. You have nothing to lose. Have you tried buying the dogs back from him?

jackiesdaisy1935
10-23-2001, 01:18 PM
I agree, obviously he don't really care about the dogs and probably would love the money.
Jackie

Daisy's Mom
10-23-2001, 03:14 PM
Good ideas. I hope it works! What a horrible situation.

crow_noir
10-23-2001, 05:39 PM
oh Violet!!! i'm so sorry to hear about the news!!! i can't add to any advice that has been given, but i wish you the best of luck! *hugs*

^..^_) oh, and King sends the best of luck to your babies!!! (he knows what it's like to not be wanted.)

10-23-2001, 09:26 PM
Violet, I don't know what to say. I wish this wasn't happening to you! I know how distraut you were the first time this break-up happened.

Gosh, I really don't know what to say. I just wish I could fix this whole thing for you. I am glad you have someone new in your life to help you thru this and I hope he treats you better. Good luck and you are in my thoughts and prayers Violet.

Shoshonee
10-23-2001, 09:38 PM
It broke my heart to read your post. I know how hard it is to be seperated from your "best friends". My husband travels 9-10 months a year so my puppies are my best friends. Six weeks ago I had to leave my babies with my sister-in-law so I could visit my husband. I have missed them more than I thought possible. To make matters worse, how she has treated them, much to my surprise, borders on abuse. She never cleaned the yard (a relatively small one so it needs frequent cleaning) and a neighbor who harrasses all of us with dogs called and reported a health risk. When I heard this my heart sank. I thought I was going to lose my dogs before I could get home. My mother-in-law cleaned it though and called and said everything was fine. Then today I find out that a week and a half ago my sister-in-law
decided to move out without telling us.(She had been temp. living with us FOR FREE!!) Needless to say I am VERY upset and just wait till I get home. I'm going home in two days (soonest flight I could get).My puppies are getting more love and treats than they'll know what to do with. Someone else is getting a butt kicking.
P.S. Though it sounds like alot of drama, my husband and I do have a stable home and life, which is more than I can say for some of his family. Never shall I let anyone of them disrupt my life again!! No more soft heart to them and there self inflicted problems!!
P.S.S. Sorry, just had to vent! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
10-23-2001, 10:06 PM
OMG! That's just awful!!! :( :mad: I like Angie's idea... he does deserve it! I don't have any ideas on how to get your sweet babies back, but if I do think of one, I'll let you know! Good luck! You and your babies are in my thoughts and prayers!

Lablover & Sadie*

Violet
10-24-2001, 09:21 AM
Hey everybody. Thank you so much for all of the wonderful ideas. I just got off of the phone with Stephanie (Sable's owner) She's cutting me a deal on one of the pups for $200. I'm going over there tonight to take a look at the beautiful little babies. Maybe that way it will be like my sweet darlings are still with me in a way. I tried Angie's idea about buying them back through a friend, but that didn't work. He told her that he wanted $1500 for both of them. There is no way I could come up with that much money. At least I'm getting one of Rebel's pups. God always has a reason for the things that happen in life. :confused: Thank you all so so so much for all the great ideas and your concern. I'll make sure to keep you posted.

3-greys-and-a-mutt
10-24-2001, 10:00 AM
I could be wrong, but since Rebel was the stud, shouldn't you get the pick of the litter? I thought that was typically the practice with breeding.
Or is Stephanie charging you because you don't have Rebel anymore?

aly
10-24-2001, 10:14 AM
Violet, is there ANYTHING else you could do to get Roxy and Rebel back? I'd hate for them to have to stay with your ex. I am stumped on ideas but there HAS to be something. It just pains me to know that they will be with someone who doesn't love them. Hmm, this is really tricky, but can't you pretend to get back together with him and somehow convince him to put the dogs in your name? I know thats far fetched, but I'm desperate for ideas.

Violet
10-29-2001, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by 3-greys-and-a-mutt:
<STRONG>I could be wrong, but since Rebel was the stud, shouldn't you get the pick of the litter? I thought that was typically the practice with breeding.
Or is Stephanie charging you because you don't have Rebel anymore?</STRONG>

Brian has pick of the litter (my ex). I looked at the pups the other day and I picked one out. They are so adorable. One of the pups looks just like Rebel. That's the one I'm getting. He'll be a member of my family in the middle of November. Wish me luck with my new baby. It's a shame that I can't have my Roxy and Rebel, but maybe by the grace of god Brian will love and take care of my 2 sweet darlings. The thought of stealing them has even ran through my mind a couple of times. If I wasn't so afraid of going to jail I would probably do it. My best friend goes over there every day to check on them and that gives me a little bit of ease to know that someone is going over there to check and love on them. Maybe one day we'll be together again when we are all gone to heaven and I'll get to see Rebel one too. The thought of meeting them at the Rainbow Bridge one day makes me happy. Rebel I is already in a better place. I just hope that Brian takes good care of my babies. Thank you all so much for everything, but I'm afraid there is nothing more I can do. I'm not saying that I am giving up, because I could never do that, but I am letting God take over from here. Whatever happens.......happens. :(

shais_mom
10-29-2001, 11:51 AM
This just makes me soooo angry. SOOOOOOOO UNFAIR. He certainly doesn't deserve pick of the litter and this Stephanie should realize that. Rebel is YOUR dog, you deserve the pick of the litter.
I would love to come up with a fool proof plan for you to get the babes back.
Violet, my hope is that Shaianne and Rebel 1 are playing at the bridge waiting for us together.
Please keep us posted.
I must commend you on your positive attitude. That makes a big difference. I know you will love and cherish this new pup.