PDA

View Full Version : Pitty!!!!

micki76
06-20-2003, 04:42 PM
HERE I GO AGAIN! I'm taking home a male pitty today. Some laborers at work have brought him up here and are trying to find someone to take him. I think he's been fought, so wish me luck. Thank god we put up the chainlink, as I'll have a temporary pen for him. YIKES Scary! This one guy was going to take hima an fight him. Stupid people!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'm worried for Chester, but I hope and pray they'll be ok. At the very least we have a huge crate I can put him in.

Yikes!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cheshirekatt
06-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Gosh good luck to you! What makes you think he's been fought? I'm sure you know this already but......you know not to leave him unsupervised with other dogs, right? :D Pictures! We want pictures!

micki76
06-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Well the first meeting with Chester was as expected. Frightening. Chester is so fear aggressive, but Bruce seemed ok with him. They meet on neutral ground, leashed of course. Bruce was rather unconcerned about Chester until he got fired up a bit and wanted to play.
We have him (Bruce) in a dog run type of an area that's not very secure (not very tall), so we are limiting our dog’s time in the backyard and they are never left unsupervised.

I just wish I could find someone to take him. Everyone is full to the max right now. I just don't know what's going to happen. Oh Anna, I know your recent feelings all too well. :rolleyes:

Now, about Bruce. He's very well mannered, 7 months old and not neutered! :eek: But, a very sweet boy. He's been fought once, or so the guy said. :mad: :mad: And is very scarred up from falling out of the back of his pick up truck. Don't get me started!

I'll post some pix as soon as I can. :D

Cheshirekatt
06-20-2003, 07:59 PM
Another really good tool to use is the neutral tie-down. Have them in the house, tied down so that they can see each other, but not touch. This works really well for me. I usually do this for about a week or so. This is the only technique that work for introducing Buford to other dogs.

have you tried these?

www.outofthepits.com
www.forpitssake.com

Please feel free to PM or e-mail me at ANY time, ok?

Kfamr
06-20-2003, 08:06 PM
I would have reported the man to the police. :( What if he goes and gets another?

micki76
06-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I would have reported the man to the police. :( What if he goes and gets another?

He won't, Kayann. The fun wore off too soon. The guy who actually brought him up to work is my boss's best friends nephew. He's young, 18-20, and a country boy who thought it would be cool to have a pit and walk it around on a chain. Until he found out how much work a dog is. He's simply a hick cowboy who was going through a stupid phase. Which, in his case, may last a lifetime.

Thanks Katt. I always get myself into these situations. :rolleyes:

aly
06-20-2003, 10:22 PM
Micki, I pm'd you about this! I think we can work something out for the boy!

Kfamr
06-21-2003, 06:09 AM
Hopefully he won't. From seeing Bruce, it doesn't look like he was treated well. Hopefully someone on here will help you out [i'm sure they will] if not you find something to do with him.