PDA

View Full Version : Stupid computer!! Help!

primabella
06-20-2003, 01:40 PM
Okay one of my floppy disks' label was comming off a bit but I wasn't thinking and put it in anyway. Then it got stuck inside. I finally got it out but now I can't save anything onto any disk. A bit of the label ripped off and might be stuck in there...I don't know what to do. I have all my new pics from my digicam ready to post but I can't save them onto a disk. Any advice? Is there anything I can do or would I need to actually take the thing apart and check it out? Thanks :)

Edited to add: The reason it says I can't save anything is because the disk isn't formatted. :confused:

emily_the_spoiled
06-20-2003, 02:28 PM
If you are getting an error message that the disk is not formatted you can format it, but you will lose anything that was on it before (i.e. it will be erased). Do you have another disk available?

Regarding the potential for part of the label to be stuck: that is a possibility, but I am not a computer wiz so I am not sure how you would get at it.

Sorry I can't provide more help...:(

primabella
06-20-2003, 03:23 PM
That's okay Emily. I have tried every disk I have. I always gett he same message :( I'll try and get my dad to take the thing apart. Maybe we can remove the label or something...thansk for replying :)

micki76
06-20-2003, 03:27 PM
Before you take it apart. :eek: , get a can of air (amazing what we will buy nowadays) and try to blow it out first. May be much easier and safer for your computer. Or (this always works for me) restart it. Freaky how well that works for almost anything. :)

primabella
06-20-2003, 03:34 PM
lol I know isn't restarting it great :D But it doesn't work. It has been like this since last night. :(

About taking it apart, there is a piece we need to remove to see inside it. We're not going to actually take it apart. My dad did it when he replaced the hard drive. :)

Thanks for replying. I'm going to try to restart it now and keep my fingers crossed :p

micki76
06-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Sometimes is you shut it down and leave it off for 5-10 minutes it will reset. I don't know why this works sometimes when a restart won't, but it's worked for me before! :eek: Good luck and hurry, we wanna see those pix!

primabella
06-20-2003, 04:15 PM
I don't think anyone will be able to see any pics. :( My dad said he can't see inside where the disk goes and I don't even know if he's thinking about getting it fixed. (for awhile anyway) I can't save anything. This really stinks :(:(:(

boscibo
06-20-2003, 06:24 PM
Tweezers?

Floppy drives are really, really cheap - like I've seen some for $10-$15. If all else fails, buy a new one and switch it. If your dad can replace a hard drive, he'll have no problem with a floppy drive.

popcornbird
06-20-2003, 07:35 PM
You need to have the pics on a disk to put them on the computer? With our camera, we just need to plug it in the computer with the USB cable.

I agree, buy a new disk drive. :) They are very inexpensive. :)

primabella
06-20-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
You need to have the pics on a disk to put them on the computer? With our camera, we just need to plug it in the computer with the USB cable.

I agree, buy a new disk drive. :) They are very inexpensive. :)

No, I can put the on the computer but I would need to save them on disk to upload them to Imagestation.

I'll mention buying a new one. I didn't know who cheap they were. Thanks :)