PDA

View Full Version : help

*bird*lover*
06-20-2003, 01:38 PM
hey every1 my cockateil has layed 6 unfertile eggs and i was wondering she loves her eggs and some one told me to get rounded balls so wat do u think

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
06-20-2003, 02:14 PM
Take it to Pet General they know what to do.

popcornbird
06-20-2003, 05:06 PM
If they are unfertile, leave them in the cage until she gets tired of them and leaves them alone. Taking them away will only make her lay more eggs, and laying too many eggs can be hard on her body. She'll give up and forget about them once she knows they have no babies, so until she gets tired of them, just leave them with her. Also, be sure to provide her with cuttle bone so that she has enough calcium to eat to make up for what she lost when making the eggs. Good luck!

*bird*lover*
06-20-2003, 08:14 PM
thank you for the info i do have a cuddlebone for her and calcium treats

Tina
06-20-2003, 09:02 PM
Popcornbird gave you every good advice, when my cockatiel BirdBird was still alive she went through a summer when she was laying bunch of eggs. My mother-in-law is the one told me to leave them in there for her. I did and she eventually got tired of them.

moorel12
06-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
If they are unfertile, leave them in the cage until she gets tired of them and leaves them alone. Taking them away will only make her lay more eggs, and laying too many eggs can be hard on her body. She'll give up and forget about them once she knows they have no babies, so until she gets tired of them, just leave them with her. Also, be sure to provide her with cuttle bone so that she has enough calcium to eat to make up for what she lost when making the eggs. Good luck!
do you take your bird outside?

moorel12
06-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by moorel12

so that all you really do!

moorel12
06-27-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Take it to Pet General they know what to do.
You must really love your dog! I really love mine too i have a big dog shes a boxer.

moorel12
06-27-2004, 02:53 PM
I really love dogs how about you?