PDA

View Full Version : If you could...

TollSettFK
11-16-2001, 12:00 PM
If you could make just one thing about your dog different, what would it be? and if you could imporve just one of your dogs manners/tricks ( I mean listining to sit better, lying down, coming, relaxing) what would it be?

*LabLoverKEB*
11-16-2001, 01:02 PM
I would want to change the way Sadie behaves around other dogs!

And for listing better, I would like her to "lay down" better!
Good idea!!! ;)

Rottie
11-16-2001, 05:12 PM
I'd want to make him a puppy again, so we would have a longer time together. :)

tatsxxx11
11-16-2001, 05:35 PM
It is my DREAM for Star to sleep through the night, and stop dropping her ball on my chest at 4AM!! LOL!

Pam
11-16-2001, 05:38 PM
Good question!! I would wish that Bella would not be so excitable when people come to visit. She doesn't jump up on anyone who lives here when we come home, but others unfortunately are greeted with an overly exuberant dog! :eek: We are working on this but it would be nice to be able to say *poof* and have it stop! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
11-16-2001, 06:46 PM
LOL, Sandra!!! :D

Dixie Belle
11-16-2001, 06:56 PM
I wish Justin was younger.

I wish Blue didn't bite.

I wish Mama wouldn't jump on me.

But I wouldn't change a thing on Belle!

I wish Prince would love me as much as he does my husband!!

11-16-2001, 07:40 PM
Well, where do I start!!!!!

Lexi I would change the way she acts toward Sasha right now and I would take away her "butt" problems. She spends more time licking herself than anything else. I feel awful!

Sasha, I only change her timidness. I hate how she cowers for everything!

Maddie, well, I would just get her into obedience... and will be. She is so hyper. But to pinpoint something, I would change her jumping. That's all.

Otherwise I love everything about my girls!!

jackiesdaisy1935
11-16-2001, 07:45 PM
I wish Perry would be more friendly to other dogs and people. He don't like nobody he don't know!!!!

I wish Daisy was not quite so independent.

Jackie

Daisy's Mom
11-18-2001, 12:15 AM
I would make Daisy hate the trash! :D

evelyn1157
11-18-2001, 01:52 AM
zoey has the same problem as bella. she would get all excited around other ppl. she would juz jump and bite playfully but she can get pretty rough at times. she's is not like that when she's with me coz she knows she's not suppose to bite. but some ppl allows her too bite their hands.that's why she thinks it's ok to bite other ppl.what can i do? i'm training her not to bite and at the same time other ppl allow her to do that :confused:

lbaker
11-18-2001, 02:40 AM
do we really (can we really) train them or do they train us :rolleyes: :confused: I must get off here, I'm tooooo wrapped up :D
p.s. meteor showers are not quite yet..another half hour or so... :p
laurie
I'm just having TOO MUCH FUN :D

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: lbaker ]

Daisy's Mom
11-18-2001, 09:58 AM
I saw the meteor showers! I stayed up until 4 and watched them. They were so beautiful! Did anyone else get to watch? It was the biggest one in our lifetimes.

lbaker
11-18-2001, 10:41 AM
meteor showers were intense :eek: My son, his buddy, my four dogs and my son's dog Punk walked up to the field behind the church and watched for an hour between 4 and 5. Tired this morn but worth it. Showers and company both. Dogs loved the "midnight excursion" :D :D We must do it more often. Starry starry night indeed :D :D
laurie

RachelJ
11-18-2001, 12:08 PM
I was so intent on seeing this but forgot to set the alarm. Dag Nabbit.

But back to the question...only one, huh?
I would love to be able to control Hannah off leash with my voice like I could my previous dogs. Although Tucker is much better than Hannah, at times he has selective hearing outside as well. It's as if he had an hearing aid and turned it to off.

ShepherdLover
11-18-2001, 01:54 PM
I'd like Iris to listen to me better in the ring. She's fine in training, but in the ring, it's a different story.

Rottie
11-18-2001, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by lbaker:
<STRONG>p.s. meteor showers are not quite yet..another half hour or so... :p
laurie
I'm just having TOO MUCH FUN :D
</STRONG>

No fair. It was too cloudy here to see them. :(

Albea
11-19-2001, 09:18 AM
I know nobody is going to believe this or you will all laugh a lot. There isn't one thing I would want to change for Carina. I would like, for both of us, that time would go slower because she will be 9 in January.
At a pet show I heard somebody say: "There isn't such a thing as a perfect dog." To which I answered: "Yes, there is and I have it." ;)

11-19-2001, 09:41 AM
I'll try this...

If there is something I would improve about Hoocher Smoocher is that he is sometimes very high maintenance. i.e. he always wants to be pet, and sometimes I just want to sit and read or watch television.

Also, If Amber Blaze and Hoocher were together..if only for a day.

Change...nothing. He's is such a good dog manner wise and obedience wise. I'm following Albeas lead on this one. Amber Blaze was perfect. Hoocher is pert near, but not there.

yorkster
11-19-2001, 03:06 PM
I had to think about this for awhile. If I could change one thing, it would be (it's between two things), so it would be either:
Be friendlier with other dogs
or
not ALWAYS have to chase the critters outside

Aside from that she is a wonderful dog. Niether one of those things is she really BAD about- just not great. Oh-well, I have only had her 4 months now, so there is plenty of time still to work on them.

ramanth
11-19-2001, 03:14 PM
I wish Kia would come when I call her, whether it be indoors or outside. :)

And I wish I could teach her to TAKE out the trash, not spread it everywhere. LOL!

~Kimmy

Logan
11-19-2001, 03:20 PM
I've hesitated to post on this one....because my girls are perfect in my eyes, and I couldn't ask for better pets. But, if I could make them more perfect, it would be:

Honey: She would come to the door when I call her to come in, rather than me out there having to force her. But all in all, she is 100% better than she was, even 6 months ago. So I'll take that, and deal with the rest of her issues. :)

Lilly: Absolutely nothing. No one could ask for a more loving, obedient dog than she is. She just wants to be wherever I am. And that makes me happy, happy, happy. :)

kobieeli
11-19-2001, 09:31 PM
Hmmm. Change something about the dogs? Their little oddities and annoying traits are what make us love 'em so much, but still:

Kobie--Girl, you just gotta be nicer to other dogs! Greeting another dog with fur raised, teeth bared, and a gleam in your eye just ain't cool. Or easy to deal with.

Eli--Little man, you're an awesome frisbee dog with a heart of gold, but PLEASE don't be such a kamikaze all the time! You'll hurt yourself! :D

crow_noir
11-20-2001, 01:26 AM
one thing. ...though it is part of what makes him independant, it is also one of the things the law could take him away from us for. ...I wish King heeled on command better. (I wish that he wasn't as dominent w/ some other dogs, and that he was younger, but the recall, was the first that came to mind.)

I wish Specs was less agressive.

As for the "showers" We satyed up ALLL night to watch them, but when we went outside to watch ....it was all FOGGY!!!