PDA

View Full Version : Shakespeare

Kfamr
06-20-2003, 05:32 AM
I never really cared for reading much until i read Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet". I absolutely loved it. I wish i could read more of his. We read the english version and it was much easier to read that way, but i love it how it is origionally. Do any of you like Shakespeare?

Mich
06-20-2003, 05:42 AM
I did "Henry V " in High School, but that was a whole lifetime away. Also "The Merchant of Venice" - well that was sort of interesting.....my sister did that one. My older sister did " Mid-Summer night's Dream". You see in those days you had to do it so when something is pushed on you - you don't like it. It is only when you grow older that you realised what you missed.

primabella
06-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Oh I read Romeo and Juliet. It was great. That last line made me shiver. lol

As for other books, my sister read "The Merchant of Venice" a while back and she loved it. I think she also read MacBeth.

Cookiebaker
06-20-2003, 08:33 AM
Macbeth!! I loved that book, and I personally think that that is the best Shakespeare play. I had to write a paper on it in College & got an A on it.

lynnestankard
06-20-2003, 08:53 AM
I adore Shakespeare - thanks to our English teacher at school - boy, was she enthusiastic - and it rubbed off on almost all of us!!

I love going to the theatre, especially if it is Shakespeare and have seen some brilliant productions. To come to Shakespeare while young gives you your whole life to explore all his works and realise the genius.

Lynne

RubyMutt
06-20-2003, 08:58 AM
I love what I have read of Shakespeare's work ... but it isn't much. I keep meaning to read more, but I never get around to it. :rolleyes: I've read "Romeo & Juliet", "A Midsummer Night's Dream", & "Hamlet". I have also seen "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Comedy of Errors" preformed. They were great :)

Albea
06-20-2003, 11:59 AM
KayAnn, I'm so glad you discovered Shakespeare! Please keep on reading as much of his plays as you can. Some are easier than others, but they will all enrich your life.
In my years as a designer,I designed costumes for "The Tempest," "Measure for Measure," "The Taming of the Shrew,"and "A Midsummer Night's Dream." And I've seen probably 35 of his 37 plays on stage, some several times.

slleipnir
06-20-2003, 12:19 PM
I really like it although I wasn't to much of a fan for R&J..I liked it at the time, but I don't know..not really for me. I really enjoyed Macbeth and Hamlet though. They're my favs. I'm still up to read A Midsummer Nights Dream..My friend tells me its really good :D

iceyshiver21
06-20-2003, 12:23 PM
We read Romeo and Juliet in school....I fell in love with the charachters...it kinda held me capitive...its amazing that he could wright something that strongly protains to things today.

Kfamr
06-20-2003, 12:26 PM
We have to read one of Shakespeare's pieces each year in school. I believe we're going to read Hamlet our senior year... i forget what others.

I really hated the modern movie though. It was so fruity and i'm sure it was nothing of what Shakespeare intended it to be. But our teacher made us watch it befor watching the original, classic movie. She said it would make us appriciate it more, and that's exactly what it made me do. the others in my class not as much though, they really didn't care. I was really into Shakespeare though. :)

iceyshiver21
06-20-2003, 12:29 PM
we had to watch the modern one too....it was ummm very interesting....ugh...hmm...yah i did like somethings though

Kfamr
06-20-2003, 12:34 PM
I thought it was so dumb. I did like how some of the actors were black, i think that's how it is in the play too...

iceyshiver21
06-20-2003, 12:44 PM
yah i think your right...