PDA

View Full Version : omg...

ScantyNebula
06-19-2003, 07:44 PM
I feel so bad right now .. we just moved into our new apartment, a few weeks ago, and things were going great, until today...when we got a knock on the door, it was our neighbour, accusing us of calling social services on him! The thing is .. he smokes marijuana in his apartment and he has a kid. We knew that, but its his business, he's a very nice guy and a good father. So someone called social services on him, and now he's moving out .. and he thinks we were the ones that called!! Oh man, and there is no way to convince him we didn't do it either...this sucks so bad ...

:(:(

PayItForward
06-19-2003, 07:50 PM
You know you didn't do anything wrong, so don't worry.

Sadly, smoking marijuana makes you highly paranoid.

I know as I lost a friend of 20 years, because she smoked so much marijuana that she got too paranoid. She decided that my life was really bad, my partner (after 7 years) not good enough for me. Basically she lost the plot.

I don't think you can do drugs AND be a good parent, I'm glad someone reported him. I used to think some drugs were not as bad as others but seeing the effect on my ex-friend, I have changed my mind.

ScantyNebula
06-19-2003, 07:55 PM
Oh I completely disagree with smoking ANYTHING, especially around kids, but I just dont like being accused of something we didn't do .. I mean if we had a problem with him doing that we would've went to him, but we had no problem at all. His life, his choices. It just sucks that he's moving out and will probably blame us, and he kept talking about how much trouble he had in his life and how he didn't need this , and I know we didn't do anything but I feel guilty because I know he thinks we are bad people now .. :(

PayItForward
06-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
His life, his choices. It just sucks that he's moving out and will probably blame us, and he kept talking about how much trouble he had in his life and how he didn't need this
Mmm. So it never occured to him that doing drugs might of been part of the reason he had problems ??

It is sad that you are falsely accused but he needs to realise that he is responsible for his actions. i.e.If he doesn't do drugs, he couldn't be report. QED.

ScantyNebula
06-19-2003, 08:06 PM
I know what you're saying .. I agree with you, I guess he just "haves a toke" every now and then .. and thinks that thats okay ... but let me tell you, it STINKS first when you come in our house. It seems to me like he does it pretty often, but I dunno

and it is his problem..i just hope he doesn't tell the neighbours that we aren't to be trusted or anything, cause he didn't seem too impressed :rolleyes:

and thats what I said after he talked to us .. well if you didn't do drugs in the first place you wouldn't have anything to worry about

carole
06-19-2003, 08:14 PM
I guess you were his scapegoat he was looking for, try not to get too upset, you know you did not do it, and thats what really matters,hes moving on, so at least you wont have to face him anymore, but i know being accused of something u did not do sucks

PayItForward
06-19-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by ScantyNebula
and thats what I said after he talked to us .. well if you didn't do drugs in the first place you wouldn't have anything to worry about
Too Right.

If you are worried about the neighbours, talk to them. From a 'Can't believe this man thinks we report him' point of view.

Don't forget, it is very likely that one of your neighbours reported him.