PDA

View Full Version : Update on IBD Kitty (Baby)

Baby'sMomma
06-19-2003, 10:29 AM
After several really bads weeks for poor 15-yr old Baby, syringe feeding several times a day, a couple days of minor improvements and then back to not eating again, his meds have finally kicked in, and he is showing much improvement. He's lost 4 of his 18 pounds, and is still not 100%, but we have our talker back and there is nothing sweeter than that. Baby is a very chatty kitty - we timed him once with 38 meows in two minutes flat - telling us about his day after we had arrived home from work. Hearing his sweet voice again and having him purr and snuggle up to us again is the absolute greatest! Thank you for all your support and prayers!

If you'd like to see more of our precious Baby, please visit:

http://homepage.mac.com/baboe/PhotoAlbum3.html

Baby'sMomma & Baby

PayItForward
06-19-2003, 11:19 AM
Glad to hear you are improving Baby.

Hope you get completely well soon.

HayleyRosie
06-19-2003, 11:33 AM
Get well soon! I will be thinking of you.

kimlovescats
06-19-2003, 01:10 PM
What wonderful news.... welcome back to good health, Baby!!!:D

NoahsMommy
06-20-2003, 10:12 PM
What meds is Baby on? I think my aby, Micah has IBD...

tomkatzid
06-21-2003, 04:05 AM
So glad he is felling better, I looked at his pic's and he is wonderful. What cute pic's. I love black and white cats:)

ChrisH
06-21-2003, 07:14 AM
That is good news, :D so glad he is feeling better.:)

Had a look at his pictures and and I have to say that he really is one handsome boy!:)

Baby'sMomma
06-23-2003, 10:25 AM
To address NoahsMommy - Baby is currently taking Prednisone - 2.5mg per day. Started out at 5mg per day the first 7 days. Most kitties respond w/in 3 days, but Baby was already so sick. It is treatable w/meds and diet, but not curable.

He was diagnosed via bloodwork, x-rays, and an ultrasound (approx $500 for all the tests). Bloodwork showed elevated levels of globulins meaning he had been suffering from from something inflammatory. X-rays showed possible fluid around heart and belly, so ultrasound helped confirm IBD and not heart disease. His symptoms were pulling out his fur on his belly and sides, decreased appetite, daily vomiting, decreased stool, turning to diarrhea, and bloody diarrhea in the days b/f his diagnosis. Then he completely stopped eating. He had exhibited symptoms gradually over the past 6-9 months, and really got sick just within the past month.

Hope this helps you with Micah.[COLOR=royalblue]

slick
06-23-2003, 12:05 PM
So glad to hear that Baby is on the way to better health. What a beauty!! PT prayers really do help.

emily_the_spoiled
06-23-2003, 12:09 PM
Congratulations!!!! I am so happy that Baby is doing so much better.

Cheryl, Emily, and Tanner

NoahsMommy
06-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Awww, baby is so cute! :)

Thanks for the information on Baby's IBD. I'm so glad he's feeling better now.

Give him some hugs and head bumpies from me and Micah. :D