PDA

View Full Version : Tonight is my last night

Uabassoon
06-19-2003, 09:48 AM
For the last week I've been pet sitting for two wonderful dogs. A beautiful pit mix and a very sleek and elegant greyhound. I just realized that I've gotten very attatched to them, and I'm really going to miss them :( . This last week has been fairly stressful with apartment hunting and my truck breaking down on me. But I noticed that as soon as I get to their house all my stress is gone and I feel so relaxed. While I'll admit I've never exactly been known to be a dog person I've fallen in love with these two sweeties. If I can remember today during my afternoon visit I'll bring my camera to take pictures. But tomorrow night when I start sleeping at home I'll feel sad, my kitties aren't as good of a cuddle buddy as Winston and Abigail are.

ParNone
06-19-2003, 10:45 AM
Hey ya Uabassoon!

Yep hard to beat the cuddleness of a dog. :)
Hope you remember your camera, so we
can see pics of'em. Before I got Oz, Greyhounds
were one of the breeds I was looking into.

Par...

Uabassoon
06-19-2003, 11:01 AM
i think Greyhounds are really great dogs. Abigail is a retired racing dog, she's very mellow and sweet. There are always lots of Greyhounds when I go to the dogpark here because of the racing track in Tucson :( . But it always makes me happy to see them when they go to good homes afterwards.

lovemyshiba
06-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Awwww!!!
I hope we can see pictures!!!
Either way, enjoy your last night with the pups!!!!

Mich
06-19-2003, 03:17 PM
I know how great a cuddle cats can be, especially if you have more than one. I have a photo which I will send you on email of a very special Greyhound, and a Whippet. They to are very good at lounging around you while you are sleeping. They belong to my family of dogs, and humans. Regards Mich.

cfuh
06-19-2003, 03:36 PM
i know that exact feeling of stress leaving your body. when i get home from a stressful day at work and the drive home, i feel all better when see my puppies!!! :) :)

definitely get pics of those sweeties!!!

tatsxxx11
06-19-2003, 04:37 PM
What a sweet sentiment...you don't have to be a dog lover to have been touched bythe unconditional love of a living creature. :) I'm sure your new friends Abigail and Winston are very grateful to have known your caring and friendship!:)

zanzanfergie
06-20-2003, 04:57 AM
That's very sweet, and sad at the same time. Do you know the owners of the dogs? You should ask if you can see them again.
Best wishes. I hope you enjoy the time you have left with those sweet puppers. ;) How wonderful that they've let you in on all affectionate canine-stress relief dogs can offer. They're really very generous creatures, I suppose :D

Kfamr
06-20-2003, 05:14 AM
Hehe...You BETTER take pictures!! Maybe you can go an visit them once in a while?