PDA

View Full Version : Finally A Call From The Humane Society!!!!

moosmom
06-18-2003, 07:29 PM
After being a damn pest and calling them everyday last week, I finally got a phone call from the vet who will be doing the hiring. She is very nice and said that they've got all the resumes and will be making phone calls next week to set up interviews. I spoke with her a little bit and gave her some of my background in animal rescue, my part-time job at a veterinary hospital, etc. She seemed impressed. I told her I didn't put it on my resume because it was only a part-time job. She gave me her phone number, extension and said if I needed to talk to her to have her paged.

I have a good feeling about this!!!! Finally, some good news for a change!!

WOOHOO!!!!!!

mugsy
06-18-2003, 07:31 PM
I'll keep the good thoughts flowing Donna! Good luck. Let us know.

Fuzzy317
06-18-2003, 07:33 PM
I wish you luck. It would be nice to work with animals all day, no politics, no back-stabbing, no "he said, she said" :)

jenluckenbach
06-18-2003, 07:41 PM
Best of luck with this !

DoggiesAreTheBest
06-18-2003, 08:20 PM
Best of luck to you!

My HR manager told me that in addition to my qualifications, my following up several times helped me get my last job. He said it shows that you are interested in the job and that you are the type of employee that will follow up on your work!

lizbud
06-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Moosmom,

Good for you.It's great that you finally got to speak to a real
live person.LOL.:D Makes you feel better, doesn't it. You are
not being a pest for following up on the job, you are being
Pro-active. I hope this the start of good things for you.:D

Kater
06-18-2003, 09:32 PM
Donna, fabulous news!!! This sounds like an excellent opportunity for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. And send GOOD VIBES your way!!! :D :D :D

Miss Meow
06-18-2003, 10:05 PM
Good luck!

Is it worthwhile sending the vet a page of your part time work experience in this area, just to add to your resume and jog her memory of your conversation? I so hope you get this! :)

captain
06-18-2003, 10:27 PM
Paws crossed for you!!!!

AmberLee
06-19-2003, 12:01 AM
How exciting! Fingers and paws crossed here for you.

Barbara
06-19-2003, 01:30 AM
Donna, even it's a part-time job -if it makes sense for your new employment -put it on the CV. So good that you had the opportunity to talk to her. I agree to Miss Meow's idea:) Good luck:D

ChrisH
06-19-2003, 05:49 AM
:) :) Good luck Donna! Fingers and paws crossed here for you!:D

Edwina's Secretary
06-19-2003, 07:31 AM
Donna...what about a thank you note...thanking her for taking time from her busy schedule to talk with you. In the note you can remind her of any related expereince that isn't on your resume.

ramanth
06-19-2003, 08:34 AM
OH DONNA!! That is so wonderful!!! :D

*hugs and luck!!*

Randi
06-19-2003, 08:44 AM
Good luck, Donna - I hope you get it! :)

moosmom
06-20-2003, 04:02 PM
I sent her a card with a cat on it (from the USHS), thanking her for taking the time out of her busy scheduled to call and talk to me. I also included a CV with it just in case the other two got lost somewhere, with the information about the working part-time at the Connecticut Veterinary Center.

I'm gonna sell myself like a whore on a street corner!!!

We'll see what happens.

mugsy
06-20-2003, 07:16 PM
Well, I guess that's one way to describe it! ;) :D I sure hope you get the job. You would be so good at it! Please let us know as soon as you find out. Hey....how about the 13th is it a go?

moosmom
06-22-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey....how about the 13th is it a go?

Hey Molly, I think you've lost me here. Are we talking about the PT meeting at the dog park again? If you are, absolutely! Me and my daughter will both be there!

captain
06-22-2003, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
I'm gonna sell myself like a whore on a street corner!!!

Excuse me????????
If that is how you are going to go about it - you'll be a shoo in!!!!! :D