PDA

View Full Version : "Pack of Two"

delidog
10-23-2001, 04:27 AM
sandra, i got the book yesterday....around 5....i had to start reading immediatly....thanks so much...i am on vacation this week....as i am volunteering in the a.m. at "dogs and cats forever"...i will have the afternoons' to relax and enjoy reading this....please let me know who wants it next....this is a great thing that you guys at pet talk have started!!!! i am proud to know you all!!! the deli dog!!! :) :D :) :D

Logan
10-23-2001, 07:50 AM
You will enjoy the book, as will anyone who loves their dogs as much as we do! :D Keep it going....just don't forget to sign the inside for me! :D

karen israel
10-23-2001, 08:47 AM
Delidog...you won't be able to put it down!
Enjoy! :)

delidog
10-23-2001, 04:37 PM
i know i know!!!!i can't put this book down!!! i can't put this book down!!!!!!! woof! the deli dog :) :) :D

tatsxxx11
10-23-2001, 04:39 PM
Glad you got it!! Know you had your worries :( But the book will really put a smile on your face!

Golden Smiles
10-23-2001, 05:27 PM
WHAT BOOK??? :confused: I don't know what you guys are talikng about!!!

mugsy
10-23-2001, 05:34 PM
Good Terri, I have no clue about any book either...at least there are 2 of us in the dark! lol

delidog
10-24-2001, 05:14 AM
it is a book called " pack of two"...the people at pet talk were kind enough to start sort of a book club...where we mail the book to the next recipient on the pet talk web...everyone who has read signs and then passes it on ...until it goes back to the original owner...logan..... it is a really neat idea....and i am proud to know people like the people at pet talk...who came up with this idea...the deli dog....got to go back to reading now....i can't put this book down!!! i can't put this book down!!!! deli!!! ;) :D :)

lbaker
10-24-2001, 06:31 AM
If it's that good I don't want to wait! Who wrote it and who publishes it? I read about 5 books a week..yeah, I know...get a life right? :D so I'm at the library at least once or twice a week. Maybe I can get them to find it for me. My guys love to have me read out loud to them.

laurie

delidog
10-24-2001, 06:41 AM
it is called "pack of two" by caroline knapp..written in 1995....the deli dog

Logan
10-24-2001, 07:11 AM
Pack of Two was written by a lady who has been through lots of "stuff" in her life. It is the story about her affection for her dog, Lucille. It really struck a cord with me and with many of the others who have read it. If you want it next, just let delidog know and she can forward it to you.

Logan

lbaker
10-24-2001, 07:39 AM
Oh yes and thanks everso! I too have a few books I could recommend that would fit right in I bet. Where do I go to find out more about this book club? Delidog, should I email you directly with my address? This sounds like a great idea. I look forward to sitting in front of a fire on a cold winter night reading to my guys.

laurie

mugsy
10-24-2001, 11:25 AM
You can put me on the list whereever it fits!

delidog
10-24-2001, 06:40 PM
yes, i will let you know when i am done with pack of two.....i will sign the book and then send it.....just let me know where you want it sent....then you notify pet atk when you are finished....and it goes to the next person....that would like to read...but always remember...the book belongs to "logan" so please take care....the deli dog :) ;) :D :) ;) :D

lbaker
10-25-2001, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by delidog:
<STRONG>yes, i will let you know when i am done with pack of two.....i will sign the book and then send it.....just let me know where you want it sent....then you notify pet atk when you are finished....and it goes to the next person....that would like to read...but always remember...the book belongs to "logan" so please take care....the deli dog :) ;) :D :) ;) :D</STRONG>

lbaker
10-25-2001, 06:44 AM
Now I'm confused :confused: how can I let you know where to send it without posting my address in front of 2,000 "members"?? I'm new at this (as if you all couldn't tell) so forgive me if I sound goofy ;)
laurie

delidog
10-25-2001, 06:47 AM
laurie, when i am done i will post on pet talk of who would like it next....if you at the top of all posts there is a little icon for e-mail...click on that and you can send the info to my e-mail privately....it will post my e-mail and you just click on it....hope that this helps....the deli dog...go ahead and try now if you like... :) ;)

wolflady
10-25-2001, 07:19 PM
OMG what a totally cool idea! I'm such a book afficionado, so put me on the list please!! :D I've gone through all of my Cat Who mysteries, all of the Sneaky Pie Brown mysteries and all the chicken soup for the pet, and dog& cat lover's soul that I'm ready for another animal book :D :D :D

lbaker
10-29-2001, 08:17 AM
did Karen forward my address, delidog? And don't worry Logan, as future librarian in Pettalkville :D I have the greatest respect for the written word and will take care of your book...I believe Mugsy and Wolflady both want to be added to the list. I love those "Cat Who..." books too.

laurie

delidog
10-31-2001, 05:31 AM
lbaker yes karen sent me the info...i do not know why my e-mail is blocked...but i will say that when i have tried to e-mail houndie house and daisys' mom i have had the same problem...sorry about that....i am almost done...i will notify you when i am sending so you can be on the lookout!!!!! thanks....the deli dog ;) :)

[ October 31, 2001: Message edited by: delidog ]