PDA

View Full Version : GSD **may** need a home

lovemyshiba
06-17-2003, 11:28 PM
I am posting to see if anyone can help. About a week ago, the daughter of a guy my husband works with (I'm going to call her Sara to avoid confusion) rescued a dog from her neighbor. Sara and her husband already have one dog, a golden, and don't feel that they can financially support or take care of another. They dog was neglected and skinny, because he wasn't being fed or taken care of. Sara took him from the house, and the neighbor has since seen her walking him and just waved from his porch:mad:
Anyway, at first Sara didn't want to keep him. Then she thought she would give him a chance with her, with our phone number in case she couldn't keep him. We got a call from her tonight, and she is torn--she really feels he would be better with another family--she says if I can find him a good home, then he is not meant to be her dog.
All I know about this dog is that he is an intact male, still growing (not sure of his age). My husband is supposed to go and meet with her tomorrow, take some pictures, and get more information. I would assume that she has taken him to the vet, before bringing her into her home with another dog, but I don't know.
If anyone can give me any information on a GSD rescue, or any other information that can help this guy out, I would appreciate it. Hopefully tomorrow I will know for sure, and may even have a picture or 2.
Thank you all.

delidog
06-18-2003, 06:37 AM
Maybe if you PM Molly, she might know some contacts in your area....she is closer...or go to gsdrescue.com.....
also almost all Spca organizations will have contacts with rescue organizations......try NSAL.ORG,or even bestfriends.com
These places are ALWAYS willing to help.....
petfinder.org. at top of page has links to rescue groups by area...i.e. state or zipcode...
Hope that this helps!!!
Good Luck!!!!
Nicole

Karen
06-18-2003, 07:17 AM
Sudilar also does work with GSD Rescue, I believe ...

lovemyshiba
06-24-2003, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the replies Nicole and Karen.
My husband has spoken with them today, and we are going tomorrow to take pictures of him, with the hopes of finding him a home. After I see him and know a little more about him, I will contact some rescue organizations.