PDA

View Full Version : Miley and Juni Rose are starting to play together!

sasvermont
06-17-2003, 07:31 PM
Whoa. What a breakthrough. I thought it would be weeks from now. Tonight I let the kitten in the computer room with Miley and me. Miley is getting starved for affection I do believe and has me only in the night hours. Juni and Miley are playing right now....it is so darn cute.

Imagestation is not cooperating with me right now and was acting goofy this morning as well.

As soon as I get the photos loaded, I will post them.

Now, we have to get Ti to play with Miley. Don't hold your collective breaths.

L,
SAS

sasvermont
06-17-2003, 07:47 PM
one attachment...

sorry, the attachment didn't attach....having trouble tonight! Yikes. Time to move to the city!

Pam
06-17-2003, 07:54 PM
You sure are having trouble tonight! :) We'll be patient though. :)

Cookiebaker
06-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Yay!! :) That is really exciting!! Can't wait to see the pics!!!

sasvermont
06-17-2003, 08:07 PM
another try

i think i am sending in morse code these days!

whoa, every little detail! what a messy room. sorry the photo is huge. i didnt use the edit features on the photo software. yikes. imagestation usually edits them down automatically. sorry. and yes, that is a christmas tree in the upper right hand corner of the picture. it missed the last call for packing up and moving out to the holiday decoration box, thus it gets to reside on the shelf until Dec. :eek: and the rug - i surely hope it does not offend anyone. i would have taken it up, if i had known i was holding a photo shoot.

:confused:

Russian Blue
06-17-2003, 08:21 PM
Yayyy!

:D

Pam
06-17-2003, 08:29 PM
SAS, the room is just fine, the rug is fine, the Christmas tree is fine (if I could only find it - went back and looked and still can't. :rolleyes: ) I do the same critique of my pictures after I post them. It's just natural. :) Miley looks so big compared to little Juni Rose! Gosh! I think you had once mentioned that Miley weighed about 7 lbs. or so. Is that correct? Around this house that's a real lightweight! :) I am so happy to see the beginnings of this interaction between the two of them. It can only get better! Hooray, Miley is OUT OF THE CLOSET!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-17-2003, 08:38 PM
AWWWWW
Such great news!!

I can't wait to see some more pictures!!!:D

gini
06-17-2003, 08:44 PM
Juni looks so much smaller than the food bowls. But, what great news that Miley is out and about and very curious about Juni.

Pam, I had to laugh, I too looked all over for the Christmas tree.
Now if SAS had never mentioned it, I would never have known.

Christiansmommy
06-17-2003, 09:00 PM
Ahhhh, i am so happy for little Miley girl :) I am sure she was lonely....i have a soft spot for cats that have "issues", so to speak :) Not that Miley had any kind of issues like Gabe, but i just always felt sorry for Gabe and wanted him to be happy, ya know...so i have been feeling sad for Miley hiding in the closet. I am glad she is feeling more confident. She is sure to gain a great friendship with Juni :) I have to commend you for all of your switching this cat to this room and put that cat in that room , while this cat is out, we have to make sure that that cat isnt, etc, etc, etc :) hehehehhehe....it is amazing you remember where you last put them... :) You are doing a GREAT job, as normal, at helping these kittes to all co-exist. Great job Sallyanne...you deserve a pat on the back!!!!! :)

Robyn

Vermontcat
06-17-2003, 09:21 PM
I love the photo Sas!:)
It is so nice to see Miley down on the floor with Juni (Mini-Miley);)
You spent so much time talking about everything else in the room,
I feel that I have to add that Miley's closet is just to the right of the chair she is under so she is not too far from her beloved hideout!
I hope you can get more photos posted of them together soon!:)

AmberLee
06-18-2003, 01:58 AM
Sweet!

shais_mom
06-18-2003, 02:17 AM
sweet!

keep em coming!

Pam, its right beside the green blanket, very very tiny....... doesn't look like a tree, never woulda thunk it! Kinda like WHERE'S WALDO?

Vio&Juni
06-18-2003, 03:16 AM
Juni is really so small, even compared to small Miley. I am so glad Miley is finally getting some playtime :)

Barbara
06-18-2003, 03:27 AM
My cat-feeling didn't let me down -Miley is making friends with Juni Rose:) I never would have expected it to happen this week however. Oh I am so glad that Miley's life will be less restricted from now on and that she will come closer to the amount of attention she needs -because she gets some from Juni too:) :D :) :D

Your room (with my favorite rug :) ) looks like a room in which cats use to play. Mine also never range their toys after playing:(

jenluckenbach
06-18-2003, 05:46 AM
Now, we have to get Ti to play with Miley
No, I think we'd all be satisfied if Ti simply did not ATTACK Miley. And she could stop fearing him. THAT would be leaps and bonds of success. :D

HayleyRosie
06-18-2003, 08:11 AM
I don't see the christmas tree.

I am so glad to hear that Miley and Juni are playing together. I can't wait to see more pictures of them.

sasvermont
06-18-2003, 08:38 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p525370f9169f1465d98547364ccf230b/fbe57a08.jpg
Mom, you didn't really think I was going to be happy, now did you?

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p0b7e6debdced9a0f01eff10552237d84/fbe57a02.jpg
I said NO MORE DARN CATS IN THIS HOUSE.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/pf43454de05845738c6cba2ac8397175a/fbe579f8.jpg
Do I see ANOTHER CAT?

Vio&Juni
06-18-2003, 09:00 AM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid65/p0b7e6debdced9a0f01eff10552237d84/fbe57a02.jpg
I said NO MORE DARN CATS IN THIS HOUSE.

The caption is PERFECT!

Kona & Oreo's mom
06-18-2003, 09:15 AM
That photo is one in a million! :D

I am so glad to hear that they are playing together. Congratulations!

ramanth
06-18-2003, 09:36 AM
Awww!! How wonderful! :D And I LOVE those pics of Miley.

Zam and Logan are starting to get along. I caught her bathing him. :D

Randi
06-18-2003, 10:03 AM
These pics says it all! ;) But, at least she can be in the same room and play with Juni now, that's a good progress, and sooner than I had expected. :) You have been so patient and done all the right things!

ChrisH
06-18-2003, 10:15 AM
What great pictures!!!:)
I am so happy to hear the good news that Miley and Juni are beginning to play together!:D

ScantyNebula
06-18-2003, 11:00 AM
CUTE!! its so great that they're getting along!

jenluckenbach
06-18-2003, 02:33 PM
Those Miley pictures really made me laugh.

lailamara
06-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Nice to see Miley girl again. She really is a very beautiful aby girl.

kimlovescats
06-18-2003, 04:12 PM
What wonderful news that Miley is finding Juni Rose hard to resist!!! :eek: ;)

Those pics of Miley are just tooooo adorable.... I've gotten a few of those looks over the years myself! ;)

Congratulations and MORE PICS PLEASE!

lizbud
06-18-2003, 08:58 PM
Sas,

It's good to see Miley & Juni Rose together. Juni really looks
like a Miley (Mini-Me).:D Would love to see more pics of these
two interacting. btw did you have Miley as a kitten? Don't know
if you ever spoke of it, or I just haven't heard. Anyway, just
wondering if you can see any similarities between them when
Miley was that young. Hugs to the furry gang.:)

sasvermont
06-19-2003, 08:10 AM
I have not forced Juni in with Miley. Yesterday I put the two Abys in the same side of the house, all day and night, with a break of a few hours right after I got home. Ti wasn't too happy, but he was ok with it. Ti has Juni today.

I actually caught Miley grooming Juni this morning. It was so cute. Juni wants to be friends so badly. Miley slept under the covers next to me and Juni slept on top of the covers on the other side (and attacked Miley from time to time, of course).

So, in general, things are running smoothly.

I am thinking about putting Ti in his halter and on a leash and letting him mingle with Miley. The water bottle is working to a certain degree, but I cannot turn my back for a minute!

Any advice? Should I put one kitty in a container and in the same room with the other - not allowing a hiding spots? Or do you think that sounds too cruel. Maybe I should relax about this and be grateful for the "baby steps progress" I have already had.....

Thanks.
SAS

Vio&Juni
06-19-2003, 09:18 AM
Sas, I would be tempted to do that too. Maybe you should give Miley just some more days to gain some more confidence? Or you feel like she'd be ready?

Pam
06-19-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont

I actually caught Miley grooming Juni this morning.

This is GREAT progress. I wouldn't have expected to see this happening so soon, if at all, judging from the scowl on Miley's face in the last few pictures! :D In all seriousness, I can understand your concern with what should be the next best move. You certainly wouldn't want to jeopardize this new 'baby step' in the peace process. Having never had 3 cats and also having never dealt with a difficult blending, I feel very inadequate to offer advice. I will leave that to others with more experience. I just wanted to say how happy I am to read this post. :)

lizbud
06-19-2003, 08:57 PM
No matter how tempting it may be to "help" things along
with Ti & Miley, I wouldn't do the carrier thing, nor deny her
a "hiding place". The leash idea with Ti sounds good as long
as you have control at the other end.:) If Ti did not feel the
need to threaten Miley, that would be wonderful & peace
would be restored to Camp Vermont. Always thought from the
way you described Miley & baby Juni Rose, that Miley would
get along with her just fine.She's clearly no threat to Miley &
she's as cute as they come. Best of luck with all the fur kids.

auggie
06-19-2003, 09:25 PM
OMG, Miley is so darn cute. :)
The expression on her face in last picture made me laugh.
I know this look so well.:rolleyes:
After 10 years my cats still can't get along. At least there is no more fighting. Well, maybe some hissing and the occasional swatting. They usually avoid each other and never sleep together.
Schatzie my older female also likes to escape to the bedroom closet, especially at night or when I'm at work. I don't know why
she is so leary of Phoenix my male cat. He likes to chase her every now and then, but when she hisses at him he will chicken out and run away. He will even move away from his food dish to let her have his food, whenever she is giving him the evil eye. I know that I will never see them cuddle like other cats, but why can't they at least play with each other. If I play with one, than they other two are jealous.
I wish you the best of luck.
Maybe if you put all three in the same room for a short period of time under close supervision, Miley could watch Ti interact with Juni and in time may learn to trust him.
But who am I, to give advice.....sigh...cats.... LOL:rolleyes:

Logan
06-19-2003, 10:06 PM
Auggie......it sure is nice to see you here again!!! :)

krazyaboutkatz
06-20-2003, 12:13 AM
These pics are great. :D I'm so glad to hear that Miley and Juni are getting along. Hopefully Miley and Ti will learn to at least tolerate each other. :)