PDA

View Full Version : Mimi!! 14 Years Old!!!

Logan
06-17-2003, 10:48 AM
I'm a day early, but I figure since Mimi will turn 14 tomorrow, it is worth an extra day of love and attention for her! I asked Andrew (my son), this morning, what he thought we ought to do for Mimi's birthday, and he said he thought she deserved some shrimp or fish. Fish it will be, just for Mimi!! I don't have a new picture available yet. Still have too many pictures left on my camera to take the film, so I will share the beautiful one I used last year on her birthday (with the beautiful crown, added by Karen).

Mimi, for those of you who aren't familiar with her, came to me in 1989, as a six week old kitten. My precious Shrimp Boat was gone, after I made a horrible decision to take her camping with us, and she ran away. I was completely unconsolable (is that a word?). My husband agreed that I should get another cat, and soon. Poor man was probably tired of my tears. We were both very sad. So a girl that worked for me at the bank offered me a kitten from her litter of three. I was ready, so we agreed. Now, these weren't just any kittens, they were the product of a brother/sister mating and I had never seen them. I just knew I wanted a girl. So on a Friday afternoon, Traci's husband came in, right as we were closing up, and walked in with the most gorgeous, fuzzy girl that I had ever seen. She was just a furry lump, with a HUGE pink bow tied around her neck. She sat in my hand all the way home that day, nuzzled up next to my neck (kind of an awkward 45 minute drive), and she had not left me again since then. She has seen me through thick and thin, always right there, purring in my face, on my neck, etc. Oh I wish I had a scanner, so I could share pictures of her when she was a kitten, sleeping on Chuck's back (Chuck was our Lab and he thought she was his baby), and of the day I brought Helen home from the hospital, sat down in a chair with the baby, and Mimi immediately jumped up in my lap and went to sleep. She has lived in 7 homes in 14 years and has never missed a beat. She was once hit by a car, and I was certain that I would lose her, but by the grace of God, she survived. During my horrible divorce, she was right there. In fact, I remember an especially ugly day, when I drove up to pick up Helen, and there was all my "stuff" in garbage bags in the front yard of our home (told you it was an ugly day), and there was Mimi, sitting by those bags as if she just had to come with me. So she did! She has allowed dogs to join our family, 4 of our own, and multiple fosters. The one thing she was clearly against was another cat. Dwayne was a three week old kitten that my brother found while doing yardwork, and he brought him home. She hated him from the very beginning. We really tried to make it work, but eventually found Dwayne a new home so Mimi would quit pouting. And she did, immediately! By the time Butter joined us, two years ago, she gave up, and did not welcome him, but at least allowed him to share her space. To this day, she still hisses at him every time he walks by! Ha Ha!!! But she loves everyone else, especially Helen, and makes every day a little better for all of us! My only hope is that I can come back here, year after year, and wish my precious girl another Happy Birthday, for a long time to come!!!

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3d836b3127cce89cc9bf29ce10000001610

Edwina's Secretary
06-17-2003, 10:58 AM
What a very special tribute to a very special girl!

Here's to 140 more!!!!

Queen of your heart forever!

Lerah021399
06-17-2003, 12:02 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIMI!!!!

AND HERE'S TO MANY, MANY MORE!!

ramanth
06-17-2003, 12:13 PM
Have a wonderful Birthday Mimi!! You deserve it.

:D

*HUGS*

LoudLou
06-17-2003, 12:17 PM
WoW!!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Queen Mimi!!

shais_mom
06-17-2003, 12:35 PM
Happy Birthday sweet Mimi!

kimlovescats
06-17-2003, 12:44 PM
What a special girl with a special story! Happy Birthday, sweet Mimi and many more!!!!:D

Barbara
06-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Mimi you are a cat queen. We would have noticed it even without the crown:D
We wish your Royal Highness the best of all birthdays and many many more to come:) :D :) :D

Pam
06-17-2003, 12:55 PM
Logan that was a beautiful story! I had never heard about Mimi's beginnings and it was told in such a sweet way. It's clear to me that you two have an awesome bond, having weathered many things in life together. I join you in wishing her many, many more Happy Birthdays. Trevor and Andy think she is a real "looker," and even though she is quite a bit older than they are they didn't even notice! Happy Birthday Queen Mimi! Enjoy your special meal!

Cinder & Smoke
06-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Hope you have

a Hap, HAPP,

H A P P I E :)

Birfday,

Miz Mimi !! :D

Vermontcat
06-17-2003, 01:16 PM
Happy 14th Birthday to Teen Queen Mimi from Teen Queen Samantha! :D
My cat Samantha will be turning 15 next week on the 26th!

Logan, isn't it special when you have a cat in your life for so long that you can look back and see all that you have been through
in those many years and that your sweet kitty was always there too!:)
Thank you for sharing some of Mimi's early history with us, I had only heard a few bits and pieces about her until now.
Lets hope that Mimi and Samantha are still Pet Talking into their 20's!:)

Randi
06-17-2003, 02:01 PM
Happy Birthday, Mimi!

You’re such a sweet girl and I know you’ll get spoiled on your 14th birthday as you deserve. :D I hope you’ll have many more. Have fun today and always, Mimi!

Thanks for telling the story Logan. :)

AmberLee
06-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Hippo Birdie Ewe Ewe!! And miiini mooore!!

You are very inspirational, Queen Mimi. Hope you have a very happy birfday. {{{headbumpies}}}

>^._.^< Livvy

>^._.^< Cassy

:-D Amber Lee

jenluckenbach
06-17-2003, 04:01 PM
Wishing you a very happy birthday, Mimi!

ChrisH
06-17-2003, 04:02 PM
A Happy 14th Birthday to Beautiful Mimi!!:) And wishing you many more to come!:)

Thank you for telling her story Logan.:)

2kitties
06-17-2003, 04:02 PM
Happy Birthday Mimi! I wish you catsip and catnip on your special day.

RockyRoad
06-17-2003, 04:17 PM
Happy birthday, gorgeus Mimi! I hope you are spoiled extra rotten! :)

zippy-kat
06-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Happy Burstday MiMi!

ScantyNebula
06-17-2003, 04:54 PM
Happy Birthday gorgeous Mimi! Boy you are quite a beauty!

Wishes to many many more birthdays!

Miss Meow
06-17-2003, 10:08 PM
Happy birthday, Mimi! Hope you are having a special day :) :) :)

krazyaboutkatz
06-17-2003, 11:38 PM
HAPPY 14th BIRTHDAY MIMI!!! I hope you have a great day and many many more birthdays to come. :D BTW thanks for the heartwarming story about Mimi. :)

RedHedd
06-18-2003, 12:04 AM
Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!
Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!
Hippo Birdie Deer MiMi!
Hippo Birdie Two Ewe!

and MANY more!

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-18-2003, 12:16 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMI,..... YOU BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL GIRL!!!!!!!

I hope you enjoy your fish tomorrow sweet kitty!! I wish I could come over and give you a BIG BIRTHDAY HUG!!! Wishing you lots of hugs and cuddles for your birthday.... and maybe some catnip too....!! What a time to celebrate!!!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-048.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-013.gif http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/party/party-smiley-048.gif

Vio&Juni
06-18-2003, 03:36 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MIMI!!!

What a loyal girl!

Logan
06-18-2003, 06:38 AM
Now that it is really her birthday, we will celebrate in style!!! Thanks so much, everyone!!! :D

Logan
06-18-2003, 03:03 PM
Shamelessly bumping for Sandra, who specifically asked if I had mentioned Mimi's birthday!!! :o

catlover4ever
06-18-2003, 03:11 PM
What a beautiful story. :p

Happy Birthday to you MiMi! Enjoy your special day and may many, many more come your way. :) :D :)

lynnestankard
06-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Oh Sweet Sweet Mimi - Have a Happy Birthday on your very special day xxx Lots of nose kissies and head bumpies coming across the miles.

Thanks for Mimi's story Logan - I'd never heard it either and I've still got a big lump in my throat.

Lynne

lizbud
06-18-2003, 04:24 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIMI

and many many more more sweet kitty. :) :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2003, 05:31 PM
I'm so glad I didn't miss this special day!

Happy Birthday Mimi!!!

What a wonderful story your mom told about your life with her. It sounds like you are a real special kitty and I, too, hope you are around for many many more birthday wishes. Enjoy your fishies today! Hugs and skritchies to you!

Logan, I'm finding out that 14 is just a youngster. I worried so about Tubby when he hit 14, and he's now 17 and going strong. So I believe with all my heart that Mimi will be around for many, many more birthdays. :D

auggie
06-18-2003, 07:54 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, beautiful MIMI
you sure are a special kitty:)

tatsxxx11
06-18-2003, 08:06 PM
Happy Birthday, dear, sweet Mimi! You look as beautiful and youthful as ever:) Hope your Mommy gave you a special kiss like I asked her to! Love and hugs to you sweetheart. You're Mommy's VERY special girl!:) Love, Sandra, Mr. B and Oliver!

Lorraine
06-18-2003, 08:14 PM
HAPPY BIRTHAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY
SWEET MIMI HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!:) :)

You are a pretty girl!!:D :D

gini
06-18-2003, 09:40 PM
Logan, I fully understand your close bond with Mimi. My beloved Sugar was my very first cat. He lived until he was 18 and when I lost him, I liked to say that he took all of my private secrets with him. He was the only one I shared my secrets with.

Happy Birthday dear Mimi - a cat of a lifetime with many more birthdays in your future. You wear your crown so well.

catmandu
06-19-2003, 09:33 AM
Happy Birthday to Mini from the Cats and Human at the lost Cats Hotel and Shelter!

MiMi_Kat
06-19-2003, 10:21 AM
I have a cat that looks like that named Mimi aswell.

I love my mimi. lol
but shes a lot younger then yours
mini mimi

Cool story