PDA

View Full Version : siamese/manx mix

ash0113
06-17-2003, 01:22 AM
Hi! I also posted in the general forum..did not see this forum! I am curious if anyone has a siamese/manx mix. My baby is about 2 years old. She was born with a light coloring, now darker with big blue eyes. I'd love to see pics & hear stories! Thanks!

Her pic @ ratemykitten: http://www.ratemykitten.com/ratemy/kitten?image=37708

ash0113
06-19-2003, 11:08 AM
Does anyone have a siamise/manx or maybe seal point anything and manx? :)

PayItForward
06-19-2003, 11:28 AM
I don't. :(

But I thought you needed a response :D

Welcome to PetTalk, as I haven't seen you about here before.

I love the photo of your cat, she sure is beautiful.

ash0113
06-19-2003, 11:37 AM
Thanks...she sure thinks she is. :) I accidentaly posted this same thred in the general forum & got more response bout this breed there! Haha.

cocker_luva
06-28-2003, 11:41 AM
i don't have one but i did have a SIAMESE/ PERSIAN mix. he was beautiful. he was a longhair and was grey tabby. (the longhair wasn't as long as a persian but longer then the siamese.) :) i miss little 'Stevie' Ray Vaughn. :(

ash0113
06-28-2003, 10:40 PM
Stevie ray vaughn..how cute :) Persians are beautiful..what an odd combination for your cat? I bet he was beautiful!

manxaregr8
04-27-2004, 09:32 PM
We just had a siamese-manx born to our stubbie. I had never seen a siamese manx before. He is now six weeks old and has brownish ears and brown where his tail should be (or not be). He has rings on his legs. Blue eyes, not crossed. Was yours real light when he was born.? Ours is solid cream, no markings.

ash0113
05-14-2004, 11:56 AM
she was failry light. Not exactly cream, but more of a grey...with few dark marks. After about a year, her coat darkened all over.

Pamela Larson
05-21-2004, 05:02 PM
I all, I just discoverred this forum. I have had siamese/manx mix cats for a long time. They are totally my all time favorite - just beautiful and personality plus! I had been looking for one for a few years as my favorite boy got killed. I was thinking of establishing them as an official breed. I found a lady in Oregon who has done just that. She calls them 'Owahe Bobs'. I may have mispelled it. Her website is: http://marchekranches.com. I bought a boy from her and used him to breed my flame point himalayan girl. She has just produced 4 kittens - two of which are manx - one a flame point and the other a chocolate lynx point. I am very excited. No photos yet, but perhaps I can figure out how to post one. And to make the kittens more special, and sad at the same time, my manx male disappeared! I am going to need another male if my guy doesn't come back. Anyone out there that want to send me an intact male?

catmandu
06-14-2004, 09:10 AM
Pouncer was A tortie /Siamese Mix , an accidental mating. She was Beautiful , with The Siamese Face and Tortie looks!

shayde
06-30-2004, 06:20 PM
I have just started breeding bob/ siamese kitties and they are so pretty. It was by accident that I was able to do this. I rescued a pregnant bob tail cat now knowing it was part siamese. I bred her with a male Siamese I had and now have some great looking babes. Only 2 of them are bob tail and they are males. I already have 2 female kittens matched for them when the time comes. This breed is hard to find and I am trying to locate more info all the time. I'm so glad you have others like us to let you know you are not alone with these loving creatures. I looked up the website with the link and it didn't work but I did get the name off the website. The name of the Bob Siamese is: Owyhee Bob. If anyone has anymore information to share please do. I would love to learn more about them.:cool:

misstobina
07-21-2004, 11:26 AM
Hello:

My husband and I have owned pure Siamese, which is the closest we come to Siamese/Manx. The one we have presently is a blue pt. Siamese. We had two other Siamese, which have died. One was a seal pt and we had another blue pt. Siamese

Does your cat do anything unusual. The Siamese we have now, when I pick him up, wraps his paws around my arm.

I'd like to hear about your cats and their personality.

Miss Tobina

shayde
07-23-2004, 10:08 PM
I have so many siamese now and they are very different but they are also very smart. I have them take my hands and put them where they want to be touched. They come tell me when they need something with the voices that only siamese have and I had a siamese that I rescued come to me outside one day and sit on my lap and put her little arms around my neck. Yes you might have to get used to some of there differences but when you do you can't ever let them go.
I started out by rescueing these wild and wonderful things and they have become my family now. I will breed the tailless siamese with a beautiful chocolate point when they become of age so others can enjoy these great cats. :cool:

Jari's Mama
07-27-2004, 06:17 PM
I just discovered this thread. Many years ago my parent's cat with a shortened tail had a litter of kittens. One was born all white with no tail. It took a bit to convince my mom that the kitten wasn't deformed. He was named Romeo and as he grew up he developed the Siamese coloring and kept his blue eyes. He was a real lover boy. He was a real sweetie.

I have a tortie manx now. I just love those tailless cats. :-)

shayde
07-30-2004, 01:03 PM
These wonderful cats are really great....All siamese start out white when they are born. The older they get the points start showing up on the tips of their ears and nose etc..... I have a really pretty female chocolate point with a tail and a really pretty seat point without a tail I would like to breed.
I'm so glad you had such a great cat, the blue eyes are one thing that sticks out no matter what they may look like!

Claw'd
08-16-2004, 04:49 PM
is there any one in the Oklahoma panhandle area that would be interested
in trading Cats.
Manx,Siamese, or Manx/Siamese

I call mine Celtic Cross Cat's

Claw'd
08-29-2004, 10:04 AM
got four Kittens last night
three with tails one with out
that makes six this month
two short tailed

Bigears05
10-17-2005, 09:48 PM
I just found this forum and cant believe so many people love siamese/manx cats. I have a beautiful 4 month old seal point simanx. I also have a half brother of his that is a pure breed blue point siamese. I absolutly love siamese. I cant really find to many good pictures of true tailess siamese, so if anyone could send some pictures of their own to me i would love it!! ([email protected]) He are a few pictures of Sid, my simanx.

Sid at 8 weeks
http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sid2.jpg

Sid at 10 weeks
http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sid3.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sid5.jpg

Sid at 3 months
http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sid8.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/vcbatman02/sidredo.jpg

3blindmice
11-13-2005, 06:52 PM
I got Misha, my Manx/Siamese, from an acreage outside Edmonton, Alberta in October, 1999. He was born into a household with children, dogs, and horses and was quite an aggressive little guy. My other cats, who I believe are descended from Chartreux, were a taken aback by his boldness, friskiness, and spunk. Over time, he adjusted to our lifestyle and turned out to be a very sensitive, loving, jealous, one-owner cat. He's talkative and expressive with a wonderful voice.

3blindmice
11-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Another showing Misha's pom-pom tail.

baileymanx
11-28-2005, 11:33 AM
I was completely unaware that so many people own these wonderful cats. I have a 1 year old blue point siamese/manx cat. She is amazing. I would never purchase any other breed of cat. Intelligent, gentle and beautiful. It is wonderful to hear that there are so many other people who appreciate these wonderful cats. Those pictures are of my little one Bailey. She is almost 1 year and 4 months old, and weighs about 7 pounds.

glidergurl03
06-13-2006, 12:35 PM
Any updates? I'd love to hear of people breeding what I call Sia-Manx. I'm just getting into it myself. Looking desperately for a flame point female.

shihtzulover850
06-13-2006, 01:21 PM
aww what pretty kitties everyone has!! :)

3blindmice
06-24-2006, 12:49 PM
:cool:

pawkeys
06-26-2006, 12:46 AM
This is a Peterbald (Hairless and Siamese or Oriental cross). they are really neat. They have the Siamese personality, but none of the shrill cry....

original_MANXter
07-12-2006, 08:09 PM
My baby girl Mitsoux was a 2 year old siamese manx, god rest her soul, she was the most loving thing ever, she would give kisses all the time and had to be around you 24/7, she had her wierd little things like everyone does, she loved junk food, my mum would come after work with her snack and sit in my room to watch T.V and Mitsoux would be right there like c'mon I'm cute, where's mine and they would share everything, every snack my mum had Mitsoux had too she even tried to drink my mum's drinks lol the other thing she loved was napkins, don't ask me why but we had napkins on our dining room table one night and found them chewed up upstairs infront of my parents room, so we got some more and sure enough same thing she would hop up on the table and steal the napkins and she loved to chew on plastic bags, I hated when she did that cause it scared me, so i would get her to stop and 2 mins later she was right back at it. sorry for venting my sorrows but I was using petlynx, first time ever and they had found her so i went up there and it turns out she was deceased when they found her, why do cats insist on going outside, she was an indoor cat, she got out on the 7th and was picked up on the 8th, I'm sorry but no one understands why I'm upset, she was a part of the family, I hope there are some cat lovers on here who can share some stories about how they reacted when their pets passed on, I need to know that I'm not being stupid crying over a cat, thank you

petartist
08-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I had a cat that was half Siamese and half Manx. She was 19 when she died and I have her 20 year old kitten. She was the most amazing cat. The breed negates the negative traits of each breed and enhances the positive. She had a word/sound for everything. I knew what she wanted from the sounds she made. She also was very sensitive. She'd climb up on my shoulder and purr if I was feeling sad and stay there until I felt better. She actually attacked the back of a blind date that was twice my size and harming me.

jahwar
10-31-2008, 05:49 PM
I have a 3 year old and she is the greatest cat. Everything I have read here is true of my cat as well. I don't think I could own another breed of cat.:)

PetLuvs4Life
06-05-2010, 06:00 PM
http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/G2Pay2Play/2_3.jpg

Hello,

I did a google search for cats like mine and came across this site. After seeing the beautiful female Siamese Manx kitten a few posts back, I decided I should post mine as well. My fiance and I picked up our seal point Siamese manx about 5 months ago after he had turned 12 weeks old. He didn't really like us or his new home for a week or so, but with lots of patience and intense love sessions, he is now starting to come around and really show affection.

Having had my fair share of cats, I can see that this species of cat are big, strong and very smart! Before the Lord blessed us with Boots, we had a pixie bob who also shared these same traits. After having to put him down, we decided to find another exotic looking cat to add to the two we have, Sassy being a 6 year old petite black bombay, and her son McGiver, or "Giver bare" who is a 25 lb all dark blueish gray. Boots is an amazing addition to our home, and I would recommend this breed to any one!

Here is a picture of a pixie bob I picked up from google, this looks EXACTLY like the one we had to put down who's name was Fozzy bare.

http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/G2Pay2Play/Pixie-bob2.jpg

Thanks to all the posters! God Bless!!!

Nick and Jessica

KitCat
06-07-2010, 10:32 AM
I love my Siamese cat Cocoa. He is an Applehead Siamese, which means he has a rounded head (and a big brain). He is very smart and cooperative, walks on a leash, and does tricks. Also very affectionate, a lap cat, and he wraps his paws around you when you pick him up (hugs).

He is a rescue so he is scared of strangers, children, dogs, and loud noises. He had some injuries before I got him, so it is understandable. He has gotten more relaxed over the years.

He wasn't vocal at all when I got him, but he has learned if he says what he wants, he has a better chance of getting it.

Siamese are a great blend of intelligence, affection, and cutenes!

CatsMeow
09-04-2010, 09:29 AM
I do not have siamese manx but i have a Siamese\Egyptian Mau mix named Dexter

mollymanx
11-24-2010, 12:44 AM
I rescued this kitten - she is 4 months old. She is very vocal and playful. She gets nervous about noises she doesn't understand, but then relaxes after she feels she is safe. She loves to roll over on her back to have you pet her stomach! It is really weird. I have two other manx (or bobtails, I have no clue what the difference is).

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3WGuRugqsz1NzM4M2Y5OWEtNThiZi00OGZiLTgyY mItNDYyOWU2NGIzMmEy&hl=en https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3WGuRugqsz1MzE3OWI2YjMtYTk2ZC00YmQ5LTg3O TAtZjA0N2QxMzNjOGNj&hl=en

Karen
11-24-2010, 10:30 AM
We cannot see the picture, do you have a jpg you could attach?

aTailOf2Kitties
11-24-2010, 11:28 AM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/jVzznOcN00DsLncT8H9q6Z6lzSV_CNcA4Rtovly_5ypS_5Guaw WUo2cKxU33ZJSGRTbhV3LwO9Hzwa-RzwoYK2LYIA=s512

shayne61
12-17-2010, 08:17 PM
got four Kittens last night
three with tails one with out
that makes six this month
two short tailed

looking for a manx siamese yrs ago i had some , , wanting another bad , just lost my manx of 15 yrs ,

bsbawden
12-19-2010, 06:48 PM
I have a beautiful flame-point siamese manx. He was a rescue cat from the Bahamas! He's a big boy, blue eyes (cross-eyed), and double pawed, with just a nub for a tail. Sweet kitty, very friendly, smart, and vocal... but also awfully independent. He's an awesome cat.

Kate454
08-03-2011, 07:30 AM
I love siamese/manx cats. I love my Chino siamese/manx She is just amaizing. She is the best one can ever have.She is almost 2 years old

Liser007
08-30-2011, 04:57 PM
:p:p:):love::love::love::love::love:
Any updates? I'd love to hear of people breeding what I call Sia-Manx. I'm just getting into it myself. Looking desperately for a flame point female.

Google pets4you Marjarie Vliet 209 293-7261,near Stockton,CA might
still have some Flame pt. Manx kittens left.Wonderful kittens,I
always get mine from her.DeerHaven Dazzler is the name of her
site.Good luck,Lisa

Liz1982
12-05-2011, 12:53 AM
Hey, I was just googling for a siamese/manx add because we lost our 8 year old siamese/manx (Gregory) around this past Easter.. I wasn't aware that they were an actual mutation that was bred on purpose. Mine was actually born from a mother that was a longhair black cat stray! LOL! She was my friend's cat she took in, and didn't know who the father was. And I took in one of the kittens, they were all siamese and only one had a tail. Mine had like a stub that kind of hooked at the end. Anyway, it's so weird you said yours was really light as a kitten and got darker, mine did the SAME THING.. He was snow white at first with the dark brown/black points, and every year he would get darker and darker, and he was just beautiful.. I think someone stole him. We did not like him going outside, but he loved it. And we live next to an apartment complex. So I am just hoping someone did take him and is taking care of him and loving him and not dead somewhere.. Before we had our son who is 4 1/2 now (Ian), Gregory was like our son, we even had his pictures done professionally.. I have them somewhere I don't know why I have never scanned them, it was so long ago, but anyway, he was super super super smart. I don't know if it's the manx or the siamese, but he was brilliant. And i have had a lot of cats in my life.. Growing up at my moms we were like a shelter for cats, people would dump them at our house, and our yard would be full of them.. But anyway, he was like our son for those first few years, so I actually was just joking with him and started doing the 1-2-3 method, and 3 gets a spanking.. (never spanked him, but for kids, that's what they get.. lol).. And THAT CAT NEVER LET ME GET TO 3 BEFORE HE STOPPED DOING WHATEVER IT WAS THAT HE WAS DOING AND HAULED TATER!! LOL!!!! He was very smart like that. And if he had one quarter of his food gone, or his water was not full and his litter box was not up to par, I am not kidding, he would gripe at me, like come to me and start meowing and would not stop until I got up, and if I did not go straight to his needs, he would grab at each foot with each step I took!! And we had a recliner right by our front door for a few years and if I would act like I was going outside, he would run right up the recliner and grab at me!! LOL!!!! He was awesome.. We really miss him.. I am so glad to see that there are other people out there that have them and love them like we loved ours.. Is your cat doing anything like that? It was like Gregory had a personality like no other cat I have ever had, and the only one that ever came close was a cat that had extra toes, I think they are called polydactyl.. I have had two cats like that, and they are brilliant too.. I have been looking for another siamese manx, and I found a woman who breeds these AMAZING CATS.. They have several mutations, and some of them look like white tigers, they get HUGE like bob cats, they have bent ears like bob cats, and bob tails, some have the poly-dactyl feet, just a bunch of neat differences, that I have not found on any other cat.. And they are all colors, they have siamese too, which is why I am really thinking of getting one, but they are not that cheap either.. They start at $300, but to have them shipped is about $300 too, so I am looking to see if I can find another somewhere cheaper, but they are dolls, all of them.. They have some that are white with stripes, JUST LIKE WHITE TIGERS!! I have never ever seen normal cats look like that.. Just beautiful.. Anyway.. Sorry for such a long story here, I am just excited to see, on my first google search, someone who has a cat that sounds just like my Gregory. I am not sure how to post pictures, but my Greg looks JUST LIKE THE PETLUVSFORLIFE PICTURE, I MEAN THEY COULD BE TWINS!!!! BTW here is the link to those kittens I was telling you about, they are beautiful, if anyone wanted to see what they look like.. If I can find out how to post a picture on here, I will post one, I just signed up to reply to your post.. lol.. http://www.rottins.net/kittens.htmlhttp://www.rottins.net/kittens.html

ManxSiamese
06-12-2017, 07:13 PM
I have a female Siamese and a male Manx.
They just had their first litter.
She is a chocolate point and he is all white with a little black patch on his head that has now faded away. He has a stubby tail.
All 3 look just like dad.
Two have tails, the 3rd has no tail at all.
Does that mean two are not Manx and one is?
Manx cats are a complicated mystery!

https://goo.gl/photos/Zi96mEwHZaVTNHN
https://goo.gl/photos/K1uHi5MUMujsPQc47
https://goo.gl/photos/YhVwJ4zE9nYhFqeJ7
https://goo.gl/photos/GjrxcHzrY1sepYDB7

Karen
06-13-2017, 12:08 PM
Both carry the Max genes, as Dad is a Manx. They are all Siamese.Manx mixes, regardless of their looks. Manx can come with a tail, with a half a talk, stubby lump, or no ail at all. Having at leafs that little nub is better than no tail at all, as those kitties can sometime have spinal problems.

eriggs6195
05-14-2020, 11:06 PM
Just recently lost my owyhee bob and looking for another. Any one have any close to ky.

Realkswizz
02-28-2022, 09:30 AM

Wow I am in shock. I believe in my heart I was mother to mishaps brother simba. Also from an acreage south east I believe of Edmonton. The coolest personality. A true one owner cat. Let me send pictures I made this account to get in touch with you? Do you still have misha

Realkswizz
02-28-2022, 09:41 AM
https://scontent.fyvr5-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.18169-9/392104_10150402608217540_365426963_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1 04&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ba80b0&_nc_ohc=1AzMy3yWfFMAX9FYnr0&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr5-1.fna&oh=00_AT-x-uUr6FkWiN7rL8IzWiEYaPN9eaEfIEe8qbMo8PPEwA&oe=6240C3F5

Jamesdeand
03-14-2022, 06:09 PM
I got twins, you can see them from their birth a year ago on my Facebook, jamesdeand